Nokia says the N8 has free turn by turn navigation. Do we need data service if we use it? could anyboby give me an answer for that? Thank you.
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2010can we save and send different messages or only one default message can be set at a time.You can set the default message yourself, but only one of em. However it doesn't automatically send it after you select "Send SMS", but it automatically fills in the recipent of the SMS and the default message, so you can write a new message if you want to. But as default it has pre-filled the recipent and the message and then you just have to press "Send"
we can get N8 in malaysia this saturday for RM1600-1800 as Nokia mentioned..thats demm cheap,n pre-order customer will get an extra 12months warranty for FREE!!!
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2010what mute feature? nadeem can you tell exactly?
mute feature while playing music or while c... moreN8-->Settings-->General-->Sensor settings-->Turning Control settings-->Silencing calls and snoozing alarms
(Default it is disabled)
[deleted post]i enjoy wave butt.. deres no im app for bada for fb im and java apps r bad and get paused nd are laggy ... so sir wheez m shifting to nokia n8 as secondary phone frr chat n browsing nd wave as primary... cheers n peace :)
Wheez, 10 Oct 2010Yes, when you get a call, there's an option to mute it. When you mute it, the button is replac... morecan we save and send different messages or only one default message can be set at a time.
But also, just visit iPhone 4 page or something. There's just as many idiots who are bashing the iPhone and praising the N8. In my mind I sort of do the same, not cos iPhone is a bad phone, but N8 is just superior for me in so many ways. I, however, realise that it's an opinion I can't force down other people throats not to mention that I hate the iphone fans coming here and flooding our forum so why would I want to ruin their discussion too?
Hatred only encourages hatred.
You can set the ringing volume to zero to mute the phone. There are many configurations eg for message alter, vibrating alter, vibrating mail alter,mail alter tone, warning tones...
kodn, 10 Oct 2010Tell me people, how many of these trolls work for cellphone companies that are being threatene... moreTo be honest I'd say not a single works in a cell phone company. Anybody who can get a job like that isn't as stupid as these trolls.
These are mainly just 12-20 year old people who feel threathened cos their phone doesnt have (and never had) up to 96% daily interest, so they have to make their own phone look better.
But it's funny. If their phone was the best, why would it depend on their trashtalking, why wouldn't the numbers here on GSMArena talk for themselves, for example?
Tell me people, how many of these trolls work for cellphone companies that are being threatened by the mere existence of the new Nokia phones especially the N8?
Wheez, 10 Oct 2010Yes, when you get a call, there's an option to mute it. When you mute it, the button is replac... moreOr you can just naturally decline the call as well.
Why are we even talking about stuff like this? What phone DOESNT have these features?
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2010he was not asking about mute/silent mode. He was asking about function availabe to mute ringto... moreYes, when you get a call, there's an option to mute it. When you mute it, the button is replaced by "Send an SMS" that will let you sent an automated SMS to the caller that could for example say like "I'm in a meeting" or something.
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2010Someone asked mute/silent mode. The answer is N8 has silent, meeting, outdoor, pager and... morehe was not asking about mute/silent mode. He was asking about function availabe to mute ringtone when call arrived
Becool, 10 Oct 2010Hey guys iam a nokia dealer...amanita if u in mumbai then after launch the nxt day I can mostl... moreHay Becool.....
Can u realy sell N8 at 24 to 25K with Bill & waranty?
Will it be available at all NPP at same price i.e.24 to 25K???
Nadia, 10 Oct 2010
Thanks wheeze, I like this phone because it has lifetime free navigation, 16gb ... moreNadia, whether you buy it or not its upto you. But please tell us which you found better and appropriate, fulfilling all your needs, and also which you are going to purchase.
now your points b/c you misunderstand preview. (its not final/full review first of all, and second gsmarena said they will commented on software in full review)
1. S^3 is similar in looking, not in functionality. There are many features new. You can say its updated or new version. They name again symbian thats why you are confused.
2. Ok they found it slow in preview but hey didnt clearly stated in comparison to which available mobile it is slow. May be they were expecting very very very high speed, which they didnt find there. If they are comparing any other phone then deifinitely they should take in consideration that it also having flash support so obviously flash take time in loading as compare to other phones (including iphone4) where browser just reject flash files.
3. Hello!!!! gsmarena praised N8 camera quality and its output. Do you really read preview and other articles about N8 camera????????????????
4. No key button????? why you need ??????? its touch screen phone first of all, and there one key which is multifunctioning
5. you are really funny!!!! games need to connect browser????? what it mean, if a installed game can play in offline mode then definitely they will run without connecting. And if they are online games then you will try to play froim anywhere, it will do same thing
6) yeah really that's a very big issue ;-) Why you need to change battery, did you purchase a secondary battery for your current mobile. If you will need to change b/c of any problem then in warranty you dont wanna try yourself, after warranty you can do by a screw driver (there are only two screws)
And finally i dont know aht you want in your phone, but please tell me if you find out any good phone in market ever. I doubt it. but still waiting for your reply
Someone asked mute/silent mode.
The answer is
N8 has silent, meeting, outdoor, pager and offline modes.
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2010I am talking about turn to mute feature for putting the phone on silent mode when its ringing,... morethere are many things which always not written in specifications and while talking NOKIA they always update & add new things even after launching it.
Mute/silent feature are available in all NOKIA phones. About N8, you have find out urself or i will tell you when i get mine.