Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

Still the best. Real flash. Voice-dial with Nokia car-kit. Great pictures. Good widgets. They don't make them like this anymore.

• 2014-09-11 09:47
  • mj9u

Sept 2014 ....
Still the best phone available for me.
I upgraded to a Lumia last year, but sold it after 3 days & bought a new N8.
12MP camera, FM Radio, a T-9 predictive text keyboard & compatible with Nokia Suite.
The Lumia had none of the above features which are essential for me.
I hope I can still buy an N8 on Ebay when this eventually packs up.

• 2014-09-08 21:51
  • myUq

i forgot my keyguard

• 2014-09-08 15:25
  • MsNv

> In reply to Rev @ 2014-09-08 11:54 from r0iA - click to readTry factory reset. If it doesn't work, then flash your N8 with Belle Refresh firmware of your country by looking up your N8's product code by dialing *#0000# in your dialer using Dead USB flashing via Phoenix tool. If reinstalling the firmware doesn't get rid of the problem you are facing, then I guess the mechanism for opening the shutter might be broken. It's better to go to Nokia Care.

• 2014-09-08 15:05
  • t1$C

Hi fellow NOKIA N8 users, my concern is, my N8 that has been so helpful suddenly the camera has developed a problem. The camera shutter has refused to open when the camera is on to take photos. The flash light is working well. Only the shutter unworking. I have tried resetting camera settings, switching off the phone, etc... Nothing! Please give advise. Am distressed!

• 2014-09-08 11:54
  • r0iA

> In reply to enzyke @ 2014-08-30 15:12 from 7Xpr - click to readSure it is. And it leaves its direct competitors iPhone 4 and samsung galaxy S far behind.

• 2014-09-01 01:47
  • 0wxc

> In reply to gauchoh @ 2014-08-28 12:08 from r0bH - click to readI am not caroh, but I strongly suggest you look for other phone that supports skype than this. There are newer nokia symbian device if you're an all out symbianite. Otherwise, there are lower priced phones out there that can do better than this (windows phone or android). I still use my nokia n8 albeit I prefer my xperia mini pro even though it's smaller and lousy camera, unfortunately I broke my mini pro so I have to endure using N8 for now until I buy a new phone on December (holidays=discounts). I use my n8 primarily to make and answer gsm calls, text, camera still great. for actual skype and other IM apps, experience is not very great. Honestly. Many developers have stopped supporting symbian apps so buying an n8 today is not a very good investment.

• 2014-08-31 14:02
  • XMV$

> In reply to Sobisco @ 2014-08-30 11:00 from t1$B - click to readCompany execs = politicians. No difference. It would be naive to believe them all the time.

• 2014-08-31 09:13
  • t7Xk

heLLo guys, correct me if im wrong, n8 is STILL the highest hits on aLL nokia phones?

• 2014-08-30 15:12
  • 7Xpr

We were promised support at least until 2016 by Mr. Elop and now, one by one, all the services are getting killed for Symbian. The Maps data in WP and Symbian is the same and it wouldn't be hard to update the Nokia Maps for Symbian. It wouldn't surprise me if tomorrow the Nokia Store and the Nokia Maps for Symbian stops working. Just for WP, Nokia betrayed all its loyal customers. I like Nokia Maps a lot which is why I had to use the Lumia 625 but not anymore because Here Maps are available for Galaxy phones now. Goodbye Microsoft. WP OS is doomed to failure.

• 2014-08-30 11:00
  • t1$B

Symbian in now unsupported by Nokia

• 2014-08-29 10:11
  • th10

> In reply to KK 1512 @ 2014-08-19 23:46 from fCxh - click to readBelle Cleaner is even better to delete junk files.

• 2014-08-29 08:36
  • KIIe

Still Symbian is better than WP 8.1 OS in terms of openness and features. Check it out.

• 2014-08-29 01:03
  • rKjk

> In reply to gauchoh @ 2014-08-28 12:08 from r0bH - click to readHey man, sorry but as Mdn8 said. Skype for symbian i dead, and it's not the only service that is dead. Right now, even though i still love my n8 i can say it is not worthy to buy anymore. Not that is not good, but jist cause every support for it will be killed this year. There are some guys trying to keep Symbian alive, but, let's face it...there is no road for it anymore. Don't get me wrong, it is a great device and still has allot of functionalities, but for what you want...and for what people this days want...hmm.

• 2014-08-28 23:22
  • J5Gg

Sad news if Microsoft will stop Skype on Symbian. There are many many many Symbian devices still out there. What they need to do is bind the customers by give them a working Skype app on Symbian so they might buy a WP device later.

• 2014-08-28 22:08
  • 0wxc

> In reply to Hareesh @ 2014-08-28 12:53 from rAM$ - click to readdont even think of buying it....it has become oudated....go for asus zenfone5 instead....no future in nokia symbian

• 2014-08-28 20:43
  • vGeW

> In reply to gauchoh @ 2014-08-28 12:08 from r0bH - click to readMicrosoft says that Skype on Symbian will stop working very soon. No more support. So don't buy it for Skype unless your friends have Fring or Nimbuzz. Skype still works for me but it will stop any day.

• 2014-08-28 13:51
  • B}QC

Friends,Iam in India and Iam planning to buy N8 through ebay global easy buy.I have some questions:1)What will be the OS?Description says only symbian.Is it Symbian 3,anna or belle? 2)Will old symbian apps work nicely on it?3)What are the apps discontinued to work?4)are there symbian apps still available to this phone?5)Is it a bad decision to buy this phone now?Thanks...

• 2014-08-28 12:53
  • rAM$

hi caroh,am thinking of buying thz fon on monday,das it av a functionable skype?plz hlp mi

• 2014-08-28 12:08
  • r0bH

Good day

Can you please tell me where I can buy a proximity sensor for my nokia n8?

• 2014-08-28 10:48
  • Nwn9
Total of 47916 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.