Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

16%

7.8
7.7
7.5

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-12-06 12:45 from B}QB - click to readThe Nokia Store got an update? I haven't noticed it yet but I have to charge my N8 first. Didn't use it for some days. I will see if I will also get the update.

• 2014-12-07 00:49
  • 0wxc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-06 17:37 from v0qG - click to readHmmm maybe he opened it and realised it's not the color he advertised? But then, where would the images be from? Well if it's eBay you should be protected somehow. And if I remember correctly you were looking for the pink version - in that case you're probably color blind and it's all the same to you. :-))) Kidding! :-D
Anyhow, I got mine used, and I'm probably the 3rd owner. Took me a long while to find one at a price I could afford, a few went away right before I called, and finally I found one in a city next to mine. The case was scratched and a screw was missing near the hdmi port (I got it later, and the case didn't get any new scratches since) but I was tired of looking and... On one side a lovely dark grey Nokia N8, on the other side some pieces of paper with numbers of them - Just give me my phone already!!! >:-)
For all I know it could have been opened or repaired in the past, but luckily, 20 months later and still no problems. The thing is really built to last (knocks on wood).

• 2014-12-06 18:09
  • B}QB

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-12-06 15:08 from B}QB - click to readAugh. My brain is all over the place.

Summary: Housing color was different. So much for the Never Opened part.

• 2014-12-06 17:37
  • v0qG

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-12-06 15:08 from B}QB - click to readI forgot to mention he also changed the description on his advert. From [censored] color to [censored] color. Shhhhhh. Same images. Same ad. Except for the COLOR aspect. hahaha. And nope, they're not stock.

Won't say anything more.hehe

• 2014-12-06 17:35

im gg to use it frm this month im big fan of n8

• 2014-12-06 16:23
  • uvvZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-06 13:59 from v0qG - click to readMaybe he's using stock images from the internet? Well, better luck next time. :-) Where is the seller located? I hope you don't get one of those with upgraded firmware but no radio transmitter. :-)

• 2014-12-06 15:08
  • B}QB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-06 13:59 from v0qG - click to readAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand..... It's gone. Hope the s*cker who bought it didn't get a first batch one. ahahah

• 2014-12-06 14:07
  • v0qG

The new ad for the cheapo N8 I was targetting was reposted but seller changed to a different colored one.

Same ad, different n8. Lost my faith.

I should know. I refresh the effin advertisement every other day. Ha.

• 2014-12-06 13:59
  • v0qG

thats why i cant use ovi store lol.but now using opera mobile:)

• 2014-12-06 12:53
  • tZ4p

> In reply to Supremo @ 2014-12-06 06:45 from KAem - click to readBelieve or not, Nokia Store got a 5MB update yesterday - but nobody knows what's new about it. :-) Some are speculating that it has something to do with Opera but no idea what it would be. Some say that some paid apps are now free - don't know about that either. :-)
I'm thinking of getting some cheap Android just for Skype calls from home, but can't afford it right now. Apart from that, the N8 still does all that I need. :-)
Got your theme from UC forum, I'll try it on my X2-00 later. :-)
What do you mean by "fully transparent"? I have a 3KB "theme" which has no elements whatsoever, so if you use SisContents or Theme Graphics Switcher to add new elements or icons to it, and install it, you will get the default Nokia Evolve theme with no changes except the new elements. Is that what you need? If it is, I can give you a link to Zedge where I uploaded it, just let me know. :-)

• 2014-12-06 12:45

the Return of legend n8

• 2014-12-06 09:57
  • N9@T

Been using Nokia N8 since June 2014 alongside an Android phone especially for apps. It has its share of goods and bads. Already hacked it because sooner or later, Nokia Store will be replaced with Opera Store, as per rumors. Had a Nokia X2-01, for which I created my first theme thanks to MdN8. It can be found in Java > Theme section of UC Forum by username Shivam88. I have been looking for a fully transparent theme for my Nokia N8 Belle Refresh. Tried many but most weren't fully transparent. So if anyone knows of a full transparent theme especially made for Symbian Belle, please provide the link here. Thanks in advance :-)

• 2014-12-06 06:45
  • KAem

Hello, why n8 is again gaining popularity... 13% right now? It is ahead of lumia 1020, 1520 and many other lumias... Amazing?

• 2014-12-05 04:27
  • U{dZ

> In reply to Aadrian @ 2014-12-04 00:44 from 0wxc - click to readYes, 14% right now. Like they are expecting something...
On a side note, right now I have 243 apps installed in my N8. That includes the app that counted them. :-) Works with no problems whatsoever, the other day I rebooted it after 14 days, just to clean the memory a bit.

• 2014-12-04 04:03
  • B}QB

Seems like the N8's popularity is once again rising last days.

• 2014-12-04 00:44
  • 0wxc

> In reply to VIJAY @ 2014-12-01 17:40 from vbQY - click to readBetter install nimbuzz messenger and login to your FB account. Simple.

• 2014-12-02 19:59
  • uwxS

> In reply to pintu @ 2014-11-24 14:24 from 7qxR - click to readIt supports FB Messenger

• 2014-12-01 17:40
  • vbQY

omg. My n8's glass crack already :( fortunately, it's still working. Hmmmm i just really mad to know nokia store doesn't make an instagram application and also twitter! Rofl! This is what you call snartphone, dear nokia?

• 2014-12-01 05:12
  • tufH

y nokia n8 not support facebook massanger

• 2014-11-24 14:24
  • 7qxR
Total of 48030 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.