Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

33196697

7.7
7.7
7.5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-19 06:40 from XMmb - click to readYou have a few options. For sharing via USB cable go to settings, connectivity, USB, use phone as modem. Also Nokia Suite has 'use my phone as modem' option. You can also get Nokia PC Suite, any version, it is much lighter and has the same option.
For sharing via wifi you need an app called Joikuspot. Free version doesn't support password protection, though. Good luck!

• 2014-01-19 14:31
  • ScKE

I am using N8 since one & half years, now i want to buy a new phone. Can any1 suggest me which phone i should buy between Nokia LUMIA 920 or blackberry Z10. & plz give the reasons for ur suggestions. Thanks.

• 2014-01-19 11:23
  • n1H2

I want to buy a new phone. Can any1 suggest me which phone i should buy between Nokia LUMIA 920 or blackberry Z10. & plz give the reasons for ur suggestions. Thanks.

• 2014-01-19 11:22
  • n1H2

i think my N8 has been infected with virus. So which anti virus is best to detect & clean the viruses ?

• 2014-01-19 10:01
  • n1H2

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-01-17 20:05 from B}Qx - click to readyes mdn8 thats what i mean. share my internet connection to pc or other phone

• 2014-01-19 06:40
  • XMmb

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-01-18 11:24 from L71k - click to readIn that link, I couldn't find Phoenix or the official firmware, so I downloaded the right firmware from the site that MdN8 provided. Thanks for your reply mate. What is the right version of Phoenix for Nokia N8?

• 2014-01-18 20:56
  • t1$B

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-01-17 20:03 from B}Qx - click to readThanks for the link. I've successfully downloaded the right firmware for my N8. I will also flash to delight as it will give an additional 60 MB free memory in CPU drive but a little later, more than some months after I'm done enjoying the stock firmware for a while. Thanks

• 2014-01-18 20:45
  • t1$B

> In reply to Protocol @ 2014-01-17 18:16 from t1$A - click to readI've already told you that yes, i also gave you an official belle refresh firmware and the guide on how to flash with phoenix, they also have the correct version of phoenix for n8. One more time. Yes, phoenix will install everything in your device. In fact, phoenix is the only tool in our hands with witch we can recover our devices, and also we can bring them back in factory states.

• 2014-01-18 11:24
  • L71k

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-17 11:41 from XMmb - click to readWhat do you mean? Using your N8 as modem for PC? Or sharing data via wi-fi for tablet?

• 2014-01-17 20:05
  • B}Qx

> In reply to Protocol @ 2014-01-17 18:16 from t1$A - click to readMost probably yes, you just need to find correct firmware for your country/language. Check this out!

Or you might install Delight, there's a new version out now. I'd do it myself but I'd have too much reinstalling to do (more than 150 apps, mods, settings, whatever).

• 2014-01-17 20:03
  • B}Qx

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-01-15 00:39 from L71k - click to readThanks Carol. I was successful hard resetting the phone but I've lost the Ovi Store, Maps, Quick Office, photo/video editor. If I flash the phone through Phoenix, will all the apps such as image/video editor, Ovi Store, Maps, QuickOffice restore?

• 2014-01-17 18:16
  • t1$A

Hi guys. where can i set my pocket data to share my internet connection?thanks

• 2014-01-17 11:41
  • XMmb

very good device

• 2014-01-17 10:56
  • L7xb

> In reply to rose @ 2014-01-16 00:13 from PFtp - click to readOMG! I think this comment confirms that I am an N8 GENIUS despite the fact that my brain is frozen at the moment.

• 2014-01-17 06:29
  • IBKN

> In reply to rose @ 2014-01-16 00:13 from PFtp - click to readAnd because of this kind of people Symbian was killed, not that they know better with android. But what the hack, it must be good if everyone say so! And .sis is not good, cause everybody say so:)). I'm sorry, but without a connection NO device in this world can download something. Not even samdung, can you believe this?:)). Sorry, but this, this is just funny. I apologize, but i cannot hold my self on this kind of comments. Peace, out!

• 2014-01-16 13:48
  • L71k

> In reply to rose @ 2014-01-16 00:13 from PFtp - click to readHow can you download anything on any phone without internet connection??? As for internet, use Opera Mini (it's very fast), or UC Browser, forget the default browser.

• 2014-01-16 00:15
  • B}Q}

Using Internet in this phone is very slow not like smart phone.plus downloading and other stuffs needs intenert connection and is not free

• 2014-01-16 00:13
  • PFtp

my n8 tells me that my memory card is corrupted, i formatted the memory card but it didn't help. i tried to use some other memory card in my nokia n8 but the same "message" appears that it is corrupted, but when i put the same memory cards into some other mobile they all work fine?

• 2014-01-15 21:25
  • NwMa

> In reply to gadgeter @ 2014-01-15 03:27 from vj1k - click to readHey brother, i am using this phone since 2 years & still i love it like anything & i dont feel to replace it with any other phone. This is truely a masterpiece. Being a 3 years old phone, it is still able to compete with the latest handsets & i can say, its camera pics are just unbeatable. I have compared the pics of HTC one, Samsung galaxy s3 & even Sony xperia Z1, but still N8 rules like before. Its OS is very simple & handy. It has got low Ram & low processor compared to latest quad core android devices, still i faced too rare lags, freezes or hangs. I can say just 1/10th of the issues compared to androids. Its battery back up is awesome. With net, it works for 1 or 1.5 days & without net, it works upto 2 days. It looks stylish, sturdy & premium. The specs like 16 gb internal memory expandable upto 32 gb, 12 mp camera with biggest camera sensor of that time, even now (except Nokia 808 pureview & lumia 1020), i.e 1/1.8", hd video recording, hdmi, usb on-the-go. Such specs are wholly not available now in a single device. & the best part is, this phone is still available in market & its price is too low compared to similar specs of other devices. So still i can recommend this phone to any1 who wants to purchase it. Its really great using N8.

• 2014-01-15 05:21
  • n1H2
Total of 47807 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.