Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

16%

7.8
7.7
7.5

> In reply to terjim2 @ 2014-04-30 00:59 from fm26 - click to readYou cant install other OS on N8, because of non-availability of bootloader. Besides Android is not resource-optimized like Symbian, so u will end up with a laggy under-featured device if N8 runs android. On Symbian its a monster with state-of-the-art features like otg,fm transmitter,xenon flash,dlna,dual tv out,offline maps etc. Symbian also allows lots of customizations to your device using 3rd party apps like spb shell. You can make it look like lumia phone,ios or android. However if u want Nokia and android, u can get a Nokia N9 and install android alongwith default Meego OS. Nokia X is only an entry level phone so not worth going for it just for android...

• 2014-05-08 11:33
  • uwTB

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-05-07 23:52 from L7eG - click to readI worked with 1020 in a Nokia priority store. The interface (according to me) sucks because there is no folder messaging option or app.

• 2014-05-08 07:51
  • L1qg

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-05-07 19:56 from 6tSx - click to readYeah, i hope that to:). I will try to learn the system as fast as i can, and to find it's weaknesses. I played on this system many times but the phones were never mine, so i could not really work like a crazy with it:)). But as soon as i do something with it, i will tell you guy if is even worthy to go for next lumias to come....

• 2014-05-07 23:59
  • L7eG

> In reply to Chickenlil @ 2014-05-07 21:56 from Ydg} - click to readYep, the only problem is that android and ios have LOADS of apps, beside that, they pretty much lack everything this phone has. Quite everything. Another prove smartphone should never be judged by how many apps can be found in it's store;).

• 2014-05-07 23:56
  • L7eG

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2014-05-07 16:12 from L1wh - click to readSorry, i can't answer to your questions cause i am still without my 1020... I hope i get it this week and after some mounts i will tell you guys everything you can do with it. At least, i hope so...

• 2014-05-07 23:52
  • L7eG

this phone isnt bad, though it lacks everything android and apple have, i had it when it first came out for about 2 months and switched to an android that lasted 3 months then went to apple.

• 2014-05-07 21:56
  • Ydg}

Some good news: Shazam for Symbian is now free and unlimited.

• 2014-05-07 19:59
  • 6tSx

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-05-06 14:16 from 3uWr - click to readI'm just glad I don't have money so there's no temptation. :-) Someone in my province is selling an 808 for 209 Euro, and a friend can get me a Galaxy S5 for 140 Euro, but my N8 does most things that the 808 does except a little slower and the S5 is just... Don't need it. It's Google. I know I would regret it. The only things I'm missing are LED flash and Skype videocalls but that's good because my love can't see when I'm not shaved. :-)))
I tried the iPhone 5C, surprisingly it feels like a nice phone, and I like it better than 5, but all those limitations... So I'm thinking similar to you, just something with Xenon, nice interface and basic functions, I like how WP looks with those new wallpapers and the new features sound promising. So yeah, let me know. :-) I'm especially worried about data control, with N8 I can do everything with 200 MB / month. Of course I have unlimited wifi at home. But I don't want something that wastes data as soon as I connect it to internet... Well I've read a lot of comparisons by Symbian users who switched to WP but I would appreciate your input too, so I hope you get that phone soon. :-)

• 2014-05-07 19:56
  • 6tSx

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-05-05 18:46 from L7eG - click to readThere is no folder messaging by default in the android and windows O/S. There is an android app called EASY SMS (previously called as PANSI SMS) that overcomes that limitation some what. Is there any such app in windows phones?.

There is no option to enable / disable stabilization in windows phones :-(

• 2014-05-07 16:12
  • L1wh

> In reply to hamza @ 2014-05-07 07:58 from IT@P - click to readThis normally happens when u dont have enough space in the place where u install ur apps. Try changing the installation preference to mass memory & then install the apps.

• 2014-05-07 15:46
  • KhvK

my nokia n8 does not install any application downloaded from nokia store pleas help.....

• 2014-05-07 07:58
  • IT@P

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-05-06 03:01 from 6tSx - click to read:)) Yep, i don't have them either, that is why i said it ithces me to much:)). I pay installments for it. 27 euro a mounth. 18 mounths. I wanted to buy the 808 but minding the fact that i don't have so much money to spend at once and also there is nowhere to be find but only on Internet and mostly used i decided that is time to try to get used with a device lacking pretty much anything a smart should do:)). Anyway, Simcard is ok, i just stuck it back in it's previos miniSiM form in witch it came, and i have no Problem till now, I don'T use any adaptor. Thank you for the wishes. I'll Keep updating if i will be finally able to use this phone.... And tell you all if it's worthy to jump on wp platform or not. If you're interested...

• 2014-05-06 14:16
  • 3uWr

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-05-05 18:46 from L7eG - click to readWow man. That's some bad luck but hey, it's a Nokia. It either breaks on the first day or lasts forever. So I hope you'll get a working one. Steve Litchfield posted something about huge battery drain on Twitter so I guess you're having the same issue but OK, it's "developer version" of 8.1 and the official one should be polished. What about your SIM card? It's hard to put a MicroSIM back into N8 because some adaptors get stuck and damage the N8 SIM card holder.
I understand you have an itch, I have one too to try 8.1 but I don't have 500 Euro. :-) Not much else interesting at the moment. Actually the other day I found an Android while walking my dog, checked out the camera quality, went through the menus and returned it to the owner while my eyes were still working, of course it was some kid. Even worse, took me 3 minutes to find the camera icon, it was integrated near the "Google" search thing, and that's a bad sign. :-) Well good luck with the 1020, just don't expect Symbian. :-)

• 2014-05-06 03:01
  • 6tSx

> In reply to SBP @ 2014-05-04 17:51 from v0qT - click to readYep, i can't believe it either, but the announce of the last update 8.1, gave me the push to go for windows. I tried android in past 4 mounts and could not stand it, it is just dumb... Not that wp is smarter, but at least it does not crack every 4 mounts, hopefully. Anyway, my lumia is surrenderd and they have to give me a new one. They didn't have another to give me today (how convenient for them) but they have to call me this week. Let's see how media markt services are. Cause until now they were just a bunch of liars. As for Samsung, i will never pay them money, that is for sure. Also, this will be my first and probably my last windows phone. I still hope in near future there will come out something better. Jolla sadly is not sale here

• 2014-05-05 18:46
  • L7eG

really sad to hear that. but i never really thought you'd go windows and go to android. so you know, was just a defective phone u got but still shouldn't happened. don't u supposed to test that in the store first? anyways, you should really try the K Zoom which almost I'm sure would beat any camera phone out there, even the 808. still, i like the windows 8.1 update on my L820 so give the 1020 another try

• 2014-05-04 17:51
  • v0qT

Hallo guys, long time no talk, how are you?

So, i finally decide to go further, didn't wanted to but... this happens when it 'itches':). So i decided to jump on windows phone platform, and this, only cause the next update (8.1) sound like it should be good enough for a Symbian power user that wants a good camera. And gives hopes that next updates will come quicker and will further improve the system. So i hold the 1020 and from the first day i'm very disappointed. The most important thing in this device DOES NOT WORK! Camera!!! Does not focus, it's like stuck to macro and nothing will make it change it's mind making blurry pics, very blurry pics. Battery one hour browsing took the battery from full to 20 percent. MAN i'm mad right now. Really mad, i Hate this kind of experience... Anyway, for what it's worth, the device is really fast. it' browser is almost as fast as my pc browser:)) if that makes any sense. This is the only good thing i found until now in it. I hope they will change it without making me to nervous about it and the next device will not give me this issues. Really a sad day for me, i just hate when i get something defective... If i was a troll, right now i would have allot of bad stuffs to talk about Nokia. Anyway, Nokia should improve it's quality control. This is just not good. A 500 euro device should never come out defective. This just make people thinking at other manufactures... frustrating, and it's Sunday to:)). Anyway, wish you all a good day.

• 2014-05-04 10:36
  • L7eG

> In reply to Baqer @ 2014-05-01 20:18 from 3A}8 - click to readHello baqer, there is an app in n8Fanclub which is a Client for instagram specially for N8. I am providing the download link below: http://www.n8fanclub.com/2013/...okia-n8.html

• 2014-05-03 10:25
  • u7E6

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2014-05-01 20:10 from ut%G - click to readThere's an app for that, Lancet Brightness. You can set brightness to very low, low, normal, high, very high and auto. ;-)

• 2014-05-02 01:22
  • p419

excellent mobile but not sured that if there is instagram in nokia n8 or not

• 2014-05-01 20:18
  • 3A}8

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-04-30 08:04 from L7eG - click to readIf there was a option to enable / disable auto brightness in Symbian, the battery backup time would have increased from 20% to 30%.

• 2014-05-01 20:10
  • ut%G
Total of 48026 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.