Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

Can we expect the support of latest apps like viber (with calling facility), line messenger, tango & other latest apps for N8 in near future ?? & which is the best app for video calls other than fring ??

• 2014-03-05 16:51
  • u7F9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-27 21:38 from n1Hh - click to readDon't ever do that. Keep your N8 as an asset.

• 2014-03-02 17:55
  • utAX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-27 21:38 from n1Hh - click to readI think it sounds good but I'd never sell my N8. Here you can read the thoughts of someone who switched from Symbian to BlackBerry Z10. I hope this helps:

• 2014-02-28 00:38
  • 6tSK

Hi friends, selling off my N8 for blackberry Z10, is it a good deal ?? As in India, Z10 is now available for just 18000 & the new update in it allows working of all android app on Z10. But still i want the opinions of other users, is it an acceptable deal ?? Plz answer. Thanks.

• 2014-02-27 21:38
  • n1Hh

Very nice for intelligent people

• 2014-02-27 15:27
  • uumY
  • F

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2014-02-26 20:51 from utAr - click to readActually Samsung made more Symbian phones - Omnia HD, i8510 INNOV8, i450 and i4580. Sony Ericsson had a few too, Satio and Vivaz, and some early ones. Siemens had a Symbian phone too, SX1 (very old). But only Nokia had good support and success with their Symbian. Sorry, I didn't mean to tease you and I hope you're not offended. I know you're commenting on this page very often.

It's a great feature and thanks for pointing it out - I just made a folder where I stored some messages that I have to keep but I don't want them in my way. Excellent!

And no, Nokia X can't use Google services or Google Play. Only all other stores. It's a cheap phone for people who want to be free from Google, and your Note II is much more powerful than Nokia XL so you probably don't need it. We'll have to wait until it's released and reviewed to see what it can do.

• 2014-02-27 00:14
  • 6tSE

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-02-26 18:54 from 6tSE - click to readYou teased me about folder messaging. Please mind your words. I am also in favour of Symbian o/s and love N8 a lot.

I liked the specifications of lumia 1520 except the following features :
> Windows phone
> Non removable battery
> No JAVA support.

• 2014-02-26 21:08
  • Xu@x

> In reply to tshepo @ 2014-02-26 16:24 from N9pY - click to readThis phone is extinct now (it can't be bought as a new piece with warranty I mean).

• 2014-02-26 20:53
  • utAr

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-02-26 18:54 from 6tSE - click to readSee in the messaging area of all the Symbian phones. There will be 'My folders' area. There you can create sub folders and sort out the SMS from Inbox there by keeping inbox clean.

Such a feature is not available in all android phones. I am using N8 as my primary phone. In my secondary phone Samsung N7100, I have installed an purchased app called EASY SMS (previously PANSI SMS) which has folders in the app like the 'My folders' in the Symbian phones.

Now understood?.

Is it possible to visit http://play.google.com to purchase apps and install in Nokia's android phones?. No comments about other stores as I have only used play store for my secondary phone samsung N7100.

Do you know that Samsung manufactured one and only Symbian phone I8910 omnia HD?. But Nokia Symbian phones are well known for longer battery backup time. Do not say that I am samsung fan. Read what I am posting in N7100 area.

• 2014-02-26 20:51

one of the milestone

• 2014-02-26 20:45
  • Xu@Z

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2014-02-26 14:33 from utAr - click to readSorry, but you got things upside-down. :-)
Google is one of the top 5 most powerful companies in the world, they rule the internet and they have a monopoly. Not Nokia. Nokia is a nobody right now. Google blocks Nokia X from Play Store. Why? Because it's "open source" Android and not "Google" Android. If you want a phone to access Google Play, you have to accept Google tracking you, Google stealing your personal data, Google selling your data to advertisers, Google serving advertisements to you and Google giving your data to the NSA. That's psycho monopoly.
You can get apps for Nokia X from Nokia Store, Opera Store, Yandex Store, GetJar, Amazon and 15 (or more) other stores. All of them are fighting Google's monopoly. If you have a Google Play account you can probably download apps manually. You can get an app from anywhere and manually install it.
I don't know about folder messaging, but if you get a "real" Android you can ask Americans to sort your messages in folders and send them to you. They will already have them. :-)
I hate Nokia for what they did to Symbian and MeeGo, but they are not the bad guy here.

• 2014-02-26 18:54
  • 6tSE

just bought myself i can say im luv with my fone....

• 2014-02-26 16:24
  • N9pY

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-02-25 02:02 from 6tSF - click to readIf nokia blocks google play store access, then such android phones will be a failure. Looks like nokia is planning to change the coding of all android apps so that users get diverted to nokia store instead of google playstore. Sick. No company does this phycho type of monopoly. Damn it.

One doubt, is it possible to manually visit google play store website and install the apps?.

Will it have folder messaging (like my folders in N8 and other Symbian phones)?.

• 2014-02-26 14:33
  • utAr

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-02-23 08:09 from J5Lp - click to readI don't know how to sign it. Only unsigned setup files are available.

• 2014-02-26 02:35
  • utAr

> In reply to pc @ 2014-02-24 11:52 from ftVg - click to readYes. Looks like they want to make problems for Google by using Android against them. This will be interesting to watch. :-D

• 2014-02-25 02:02
  • 6tSF

l heard that nokia have finally manufactured its android phones

• 2014-02-24 11:52
  • ftVg

> In reply to S . SUDHAKAR @ 2014-02-22 13:22 from Xu@G - click to readYou will find it at www.mobilescommunity.com

• 2014-02-23 08:09
  • J5Lp

> In reply to sussy @ 2014-02-22 17:29 from XNZh - click to readSwitch off the mobile. Take out the memory card. Wipe the memory card contacts with a anti static cloth. Insert the memory cars and switch on the phone. Try this.

• 2014-02-23 01:50
  • utAw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-08 06:52 from n1H7 - click to readsame problem z my nokia n8

• 2014-02-22 17:29
  • XNZh

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-02-19 22:27 from J5Lp - click to readThe full version cannot be bought from Nokia store :-( . What to do?.

• 2014-02-22 13:22
  • Xu@G
Total of 47924 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.