Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

> In reply to deep space bar @ 2010-06-11 18:00 from IDg$ - click to readI just hope N8 will be start selling at August..
Cause my contract is till august.

• 2010-06-11 18:37
  • tjFK

Dont get me wrong , I like the Iphone even the 3GS. But I cant afford the iphone bcause its totally not as multipurpose as my N82, why? I pay 1/4 of an iphone 3gs for 5Mp camerra, GPU (yes N82 has GPU!!!) , dual processor, mem card upgradable. And if my n82 ( a 2007 model!!!) can beat the iphone specs .... n8 will kick the iphone 5 in the head.... (iphone 4 uses its video call via wifi to iphone only WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP OFFFFF!!!!!). I would buy a 2nd hand iphone tho hahaha

• 2010-06-11 18:30
  • sF$D

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-11 11:04 from LhTC - click to readthe new symbian will be preloaded
iphone 4 lol not so much till september
iOs4 is not even ready and sym3 is getting minor tweeks since it's a universal OS
and what takes longer to make
metal or glass

• 2010-06-11 18:00
  • IDg$

I cant upgrade my mini n97 i bought last december, look forward to next year flagship:(

• 2010-06-11 17:43
  • u731

COOL PHONE! cant wait to get one

• 2010-06-11 17:34
  • LCee

> In reply to Dont cry Ali @ 2010-06-10 20:27 from t7B3 - click to readAhem... I don't think 1Ghz is 1000mhz my fren.
1Ghz is around 1024mhz... apparently you are not a novice in IT.

Btw I don't think Nokia N8 is slow at all.
And it have much much more features than those phones that you mentioned.

If you don't like N8 is ok. Just grab whatever phone you like and be happy about it.

We Nokia N8 lovers will definitely get one and be so happy about it. :)

• 2010-06-11 17:16
  • tjFK

> In reply to from_the_uS @ 2010-06-11 02:10 from I4JD - click to readA secure and self confident guy will not need a good phone to impress gal.

And i don't think any gal will just impress/fall for a guy with a superb phone.

This phone is meant to entertain me and myself and not for others. It will definitely be a great help for others though.

• 2010-06-11 16:59
  • tjFK

> In reply to EdB @ 2010-06-11 14:02 from qNsi - click to readMore mp camera phone is much better in many way.
Let me give u some scenarios.

1. If one day you saw a car speeding and hit a person and attempt to runaway. But u didn't have a dedicated camera with you. But aha! my 12 mp camera phone is here.
snap snap.. wow the car speed away... but the photo capture the number plate. But its so small... thank God this is a 12 mp and big sensor camera phone. wow after zoom in i still get so much details in it wow.. amazing. I can send this to police officer after i call the ambulance using this 12 mp camera phone of mine.. Thank God i bought this. :)

2. Wow... today i saw Angelina Jolie and she agree to take a photo with me! i didn't have my dedicated camera with me again!!! sigh.. oh i have my 12 mp camera phone! ok lets snap a few photo with her.
Wow the quality is great! I can print out a poster size photo and paste it in my house!!
I will resize it to a pocket photo and keep it in my wallet to show off too.
Thank God i didn't buy a 3 or 5mp camera phone.. else i won't be able to print a photo that large. :)

Do you want more? The possibilities are infinity here :)

• 2010-06-11 16:50
  • tjFK

> In reply to nokia S-series @ 2010-06-11 15:27 from ibHG - click to read"i think",

that the N9 will be the "top" nokia device 2010...

the S series are High-end symbian^3 nokia... i dont think they will beat the N9 spec/os wise, but remember the N900 didnt sell that much... so they might be thinking to depend on the S-series for high end competition...

just saying...

• 2010-06-11 16:49
  • 3iRp

> In reply to Jon2 @ 2010-06-11 13:04 from v0qx - click to read*sory for my eng* however, i dun think so n9 will be the new flagship..maybe the new streaming flagship...but the camera still 5MP....so there's still pros-contra among n8 n n9... n according to this... http://www.sizzledcore.com/201...9/#more-9323 ...i think the new nokia S-series will be the new flagship as it stand in the top chart in that article...\(^^,)/...

• 2010-06-11 15:27
  • ibHG

> In reply to EdB @ 2010-06-11 14:02 from qNsi - click to readLOL basic knowledge says the more the better right? Besides tell me this what would you want since we're talking about mp's and stuff, a 12mp phone with a low price or a 5mp phone with ridiculously high price?

It's like you're saying 'why the does the iPhone 4 have such a pixel dense display when the Galaxy S's is good enough?'. Who wants 12mp on a phone?? I DO.

• 2010-06-11 14:11
  • vj1k

> In reply to EdB @ 2010-06-11 14:02 from qNsi - click to readNot really.

The larger the pixel count, the better the clarity of the picture when it is compressed.

So, for example, if you compress a 12mp picture, the resulting picture would have almost perfect clarity.

• 2010-06-11 14:10
  • v0qx

The only thing 12mp does is produce poster-sized photos. Who wants that? You'll have clearer & more usable shots with a fraction of the mps. Even the 5mps on my N82 produce shots that are too large.

• 2010-06-11 14:02
  • qNsi

DivX and .mkv support have been confirmed for this phone.
GSMArena should add them to the spec list

• 2010-06-11 13:53
  • PEdE

A new hands on video:

• 2010-06-11 13:43
  • p@EU

I live in a remote rural setting and this phone out performs most phones (esp. new little ones ) as it has awsome reception. I can get a signal where no other phone can.

• 2010-06-11 13:38
  • 0U4X

Omnia and N8 hahahah Omnia for N8 is crap
That is like to compare Zastava 101 vs Range Rover

• 2010-06-11 13:05
  • 04M$

I've lost interest in purchasing this phone after I read the recent article about Nokia C7.

In the article, N9 seems to be the flagship phone, so I'll just wait for N9 to be released.

• 2010-06-11 13:04
  • v0qx

Get a life. The N8 is 10X more popular as the Samsung HD. Plus the HD is so old. And I want a device with the best OS. Not some outdated brick :-)

• 2010-06-11 12:45
  • fjmg

No where can I find whether or not this phone is rSAP enabled, in Bluetooth. This is one of the big short comings in most smart phones. If you run a modern main stream European car with their inbuilt hands free kit, they nearly all require rSAP to use the full features.

• 2010-06-11 11:54
  • smMy
Total of 47820 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.