Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

hey can any 1 tell me shall i go for nokia n900 or n8 which 1 is better

• 2010-06-09 18:52
  • vGfI

> In reply to Nokis_Tec @ 2010-06-09 18:38 from fvxf - click to readme three hahahaa

• 2010-06-09 18:41
  • YQqC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-09 18:36 from PRWZ - click to readthat makes us two!! nothing will stop me from getting the n8 too!!!

• 2010-06-09 18:38
  • fvxf

> In reply to Anis @ 2010-06-09 18:25 from 3EV8 - click to read+1000
Me too Anis!
Neither Galaxy S, Wave, nor iPhone 4 will stop me getting the N8!
Waiting patiently XD

• 2010-06-09 18:36
  • PRWZ

These recent days there are lots of tempting news and rumours. Some of them are enough to break the patience of the people who are waiting for Nokia N8. But well, I have lists of mine that I keep thinking when the time that nerdgasms enters my mind and try to eliminate my excitement for N8.

I like Nokia N8 so much and thatís:

◦Because N8 is the first Nokia phone to have a 12 MP and also it is the successor for the N86 and N82. With Xenon attached on N8, night shots would be never a problem anymore. We should not also forget on how Carl Zeiss added the superb optics flavour in N82 and thatís why it became legendary camera phone of Nokia. This is getting more exciting in the new N8 because of the reduced Xenon flash and a more promising Carl Zeiss optics. Now I will not worry for cropping the image and printing it to large materials.

◦Because it will record and play HD videos. Aside from crisp photos, we will get also a video recording capabilities in HD!

◦Because N8 has the biggest camera sensor from the field of camera phones and other compact cameras. An astonishing 1/1.8″ Sensor. It has also a 1.75µm pixel size which gives better performance in low light. The bigger and the larger in numbers means better. These are how the 12MP will be useful.

◦Because it is Symbian^3 and you will actually notice that the home screen are similar to the Symbian^1 in N9 and N97 mini. The cool stuff here is we will get 4 homescreen on the new N8. Plus adding more to excitement is the new UI on the phone. I saw the gallery and editing features and I was really amazed on the changes and the speed is noticeably have improved on N8.

◦Because this is cool, the USB OTG! Another thing is the way that N8 can make our usb sticks and storage a slave. I donít need to transfer my files on the computer before reaching the N8. I can also just add movies and songs directly to N8 from a USB drive.

◦Because HD tvs and projectors are everywhere and I can finally stream or play high quality videos in the big screens.

◦Because I always watch TV. Iím really an avid subscriber of National Geographic and CNN and I am really happy with the new features of N8. I can bring N8 anywhere and watch my favorite channels. Of course, this will be more exciting because of the OLED screen of Nokia N8.

◦Because I canít pick the right color for me until now. I canít pick on what exact color to get on Nokia N8 and this is a big problem yet fun! All colors are really attractive and the more I wait the more I rattle in choosing the right color for me. Anodized materials offers comfy feelings in my hands and giving more durability. But hereís a dark grey N8 gallery.

◦Because of my gaming capabilities. My first Nseries devices was N81 and I bought it with the reason I love gaming. Ngage 2.0 was good but it will be better if it will be put in a device with a fast and powerful hardwares and N8 has the future. I really love watching tires rubbing to the concrete of highways.

◦Because it is affordable. I mentioned lots of cool features of N8 and yet the price of N8 is really affordable! Who can imagine that all these features with a price tag of 370 Euro (before taxes and subsidies).

Thatís the few things why I like N8 and love to wait for it. I hope some of you have the same sentiment on mine. lols.

• 2010-06-09 18:25
  • 3EV8

> In reply to Niraj @ 2010-06-09 17:49 from KFPt - click to readI don't like the N97 Mini, I want a 3.5 inch screen phone, and the N97 looks cool. I want to know 100% it is slow or not with example only 10Gb of internal memory?

• 2010-06-09 18:14
  • Lax1

> In reply to Mark @ 2010-06-09 17:31 from mbyw - click to readThank you, I read almost everything on that site. It has a weak battery, the CPU isn't enough, and the Ram too. The guy didn't mentioned if the phone is slow or not, and that is my question. I kept one in my hands, but that was a brand new phone, without many pictures, music, games, and application.
That guy said some things about the QWERTY keypad too, but I like it very much! :) It is transflective, that is an awesome feature.

• 2010-06-09 18:12
  • Lax1

For the first time i'm agreeing to Tom-Heldge about Iphone to N8 comparison, sum of his posts were educative like cross comparison of phones but the way it got recycled and recycled again it makes it a little bit annoying, but I hope I can hear more from tom-heldge cross comparing phones other than N8 and X10. I once liked reading his posts at first and then after i just skip and skip posts with his name on. Just lately I read again his posts.

• 2010-06-09 18:08
  • T6r}

> In reply to [deleted post]Hi propose we let him be, and if he starts X10-ing again or rant about cpu, we report him then. Deal?

• 2010-06-09 18:02
  • mbyw

nokia always delivers,this phone is packing everything i would want in a smartphone, slow motion video play back would be cool 2.

• 2010-06-09 17:59
  • j{qC

I got new 6303i free of cost from nokia care as a replacement for my damaged Nokia6303classic! Everything is updated in this phone,gallery is same as N8 ! It works very smooth,easy to scroll,watching photos in full view itz very faster than before! Provided theme is just same as N8,looks cool ! Good sign of NOKIA future(N8);)

• 2010-06-09 17:57
  • upfm

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2010-06-09 17:27 from Lax1 - click to readI think you should go for N97 mini. Its better than N97.

• 2010-06-09 17:49

Video Call Time up to 2.6 hours

Music Playback Time up to 2 days

Navigation Time up to 6.6 hours

WLAN Browsing Time up to 9.0 hours

Notes1 720p 30fps: H.264.
2 720p 25fps: H.264

• 2010-06-09 17:33
  • 3EV8

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2010-06-09 17:27 from Lax1 - click to readDepends on what you do with it. Read this and then decide:

I personally find the N97 mini better, as it has more ram for the things it needs to do.

The N97 and N97 mini are both not the fastest phones around now. But, they have an incredible amount of features.

Good luck!

• 2010-06-09 17:31
  • mbyw

I need help!

Please somebody who has experience, to tell me the N97 is slow or not?? I heard that it is slow when u use more programs on it side by side. I am not a Nokia fan, but I want to buy an N97 in white. :X

• 2010-06-09 17:27
  • Lax1

Anyone mind to explain how is the "Current Ranking" page for GSM Arena works?

Popularity wise, this phone should be on top of the list but still there is no sign of it.

Is it a monthly thingy?

• 2010-06-09 17:21
  • YQqC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-09 17:11 from T6r} - click to readIts very hard for me to live without Radio.
So having a radio features is one important point to me.
The FM Transmitter make it a plus plus. :)

• 2010-06-09 17:19
  • YQqC

whooo nokia striking back hard...look out world

• 2010-06-09 17:15
  • 4VaL

i think playing divx was one of the last puzzle that makes this phone an "AFFORDABLE" multimedia moonstaa phone. Would any1 help me think what would be another last puzzle to make N8 a multimedia mooonsta phone, other than having the best camera phone hardware, best pics and vedio recording, best music player with boss audio chip same with other nseries, best GPU for best multimedia performance, amoled screen, but the pixel count doesn't matter the 3GS having lesser pixel density made me "wow" and hhhmmnn???? what else, WHAT ELSE???

• 2010-06-09 17:11
  • T6r}
Total of 47614 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.