Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

Popularity

Daily interest
6.3%
Total hits:
34955608

Voting results

Design
7.8
Features
7.8
Performance
7.5
Votes:
813

Sort by:

> In reply to Engineer Man @ 2010-06-08 03:59 from n5QF - click to readYup exactly. It's powered by a Broadcom BCM2727 specifically designed for 12megapixel camera's and 720p HD video recording

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 04:35
  • vj1k
  • R

N8 has document editor . It can edit word,excel,pdf files.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 04:15
  • Y}5K
  • F

ahh. Arm 1176 goodness. Now you are talking. .65nm of soc supporting lpddr2, o.3mwh. Excellent. This chip is highly optimized for guesse what? ...3D graphics. Hmm hmm

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 03:59
  • n5QF
  • U

iphone 4 will pose a tough competition for this.

it still built on old hardwares and is late too.


  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 03:26
  • up7P
  • F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-08 01:16 from khSL - click to readwell hopefully the final firmware version of the phone or a sooner update would use the 780Mhz the ARM1176 processor has. for some dumb reason Nokia declocks the phone's processor upon release, like the 5800 @ only 300+mhz and after the v21 update they put it to the proper 434Mhz of the ARM1136.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 01:57
  • wYxI
  • R

Well I disagree with that., you want a camera then buy Panasonic DMC-FX70 or Samsung NX5 or Sony Alpha 290 DSLR., not so good OS of this phone., which it has high OS and RAM then this will be a real monster phone like Samsung Galaxy S

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 01:40
  • IaH1
  • U

hi....why the ram is like old one 256?first n8 has amoled display,second of its os like symbian^3,third 3d graphics accelar.these things need no too much power and ram....one thing these things save ur money too.....why spend 700 to 1000 usd?why not 400 to 500 usd ?

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 01:37
  • uNVC
  • C

> In reply to BRAND NAME @ 2010-06-08 01:10 from IaH1 - click to readThe reason it is famous are because it has the best camera compared to all HTC phone.

It also is the first device to run on Symbian^3.

The over all build is using great material that u cannot find on any of HTC phone.

The look (design) also not bad :)

Yea.. partly is because it is from Nokia.
Because Nokia provide the best customer support after sales. :)

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 01:30
  • tjF@
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-08 01:16 from khSL - click to readyes u r right but remember ''money talks''.if n8 has those config. then the price must be in 700 to 900usd.check the price some device which one has that kinda config.nice to meet u sir.the world market is falling and think about cheaper device but with high end ..........good luck

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 01:27
  • uNVC
  • R

> In reply to mothman @ 2010-06-08 01:01 from uNVC - click to readi understand that the os makes a huge difference. a general analogy would be putting a great race driver in a mediocre car and competing against the top... i like this phone quite much. The least i want to see is a lagging sluggish device that would have had a huge potential. Just think nokia should not afford such position when this is supposed to be kind of a come back. and you know that's what the end consumer would judge against. By end of august competitors will be announcing 1.2GHZ processors with 1G RAM. go compete against that... my two cents for what they are worth. nice talk tho..

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 01:16
  • khSL
  • R

Ooowww an what do have here., another monster phone from not so famous brand HTC..

http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-i...t-in-a-week/

http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-e...-launch-day/

hhhmmm looks like this phone is less specs and need to catch up., the reason why it has high rating because of its brand name NOKIA,,,

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 01:10
  • IaH1
  • U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-08 00:46 from khSL - click to readsorry sir..its about the operating software.symbian^3,read about the operating software....think evrything will be clear and thanks for the good question

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 01:01
  • uNVC
  • R

specs on site must be wrong! There's no way that this pone has ARM 11 compatible processor!
It must have TI's OMAP 3000 series based on Cortex-A8 core!!

The pone is beautiful, it would be grate to have this kind of Android device!

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 00:59
  • snTG
  • U

> In reply to mothman @ 2010-06-08 00:39 from uNVC - click to readim reading quite carefully. still no indication how 256 RAM would suffice in real life. There is a real life performance and marketing description of a product. Why would every other leading OS phone go up for 512? Plus its like a dual core vs pentium... i guess they both will run your computer.... the question is how well. Android is a pretty capable linux based os and again they go for 512..

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 00:46
  • khSL
  • R

What is Amoled screen/display ?

in GENERAL
AMOLED display is a new and
advanced display which is being
used by companies like Samsung, LG,
etc. in their mobile phones,
notebook, and LCD TV displays.
AMOLED means (Active-matrix
organic light-emitting diode) display
consists of OLED pixels that have
been deposited or integrated onto a
thin film transistor (TFT). Amoled
screens are ultra thin, ultra bright
and doesn’t require a backlight to
work.
An amoled display consumes less
power and offers a high refresh rate
with superior image quality. They
are flexible and unbreakable in
nature.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 00:44
  • uNVC
  • C

> In reply to p @ 2010-06-08 00:35 from khSL - click to readplz read carefully....sir.u will get ur answer

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 00:39
  • uNVC
  • R

What is Symbian^3?
Symbian^3 is the first fully open
source version of the Symbian
platform, and the second release of
the Symbian platform by the
Symbian Foundation. It extends
Symbian^2 in many ways, including
graphics support for advanced
layering and effects, full HDMI
support for a great television
playback experience and improved
data performance - ideal for
streaming high definition audio and
video.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 00:35
  • uNVC
  • C

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-07 14:46 from vx7h - click to readWhy not…..Nokia N8 vs Samsung Galaxy S l9000..

http://www.gsmarena.com/compar...dPhone2=3115

clearly N8 only edge is its Camera?? Hhhmmm and I heard that Galaxy S is downloadable to Androd 2.2 Froyo., according to news Galaxy S os the monster phone this year…

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 00:35
  • IaH1
  • R

> In reply to mothman @ 2010-06-08 00:24 from uNVC - click to readYet again, no matter what a marketing presentation for an ARM 11 would say I still think they might have been in a better position upping it a bit.However if we consider the graphic accelerator it might be ok. The RAM I think is def low. it will have to handle 12 MP images, plus up to 48GB of combined storage.... that's a lot of computing... Plus all the updates that hopefully will be coming up...

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 00:35
  • khSL
  • R

virtually every portable device now
uses USB for PC connectivity. As
these products increase in
popularity, there is a growing need
for them to communicate both with
USB peripherals and directly with
each other when a PC is not
available. There is also an increase in
the number of other, non-PC hosts
(Embedded Hosts) which support
USB in order to connect to USB
peripherals.
The newly published Revision 2.0 of
the USB On-The-Go and Embedded
Host Supplement addresses these
scenarios by allowing portable
devices and non-PC hosts to have the
following enhancements:
Targeted host capability to
communicate with selected other
USB peripherals
Support for direct connections
between OTG devices
A small USB connector to fit the
mobile form factor
Power saving features to preserve
battery life
Compliance testing for low-speed,
full-speed and high-speed USB
Embedded Hosts and On-The-Go
products is available now. An
updated compliance program for
Revision 2.0 of the USB On-The-Go
and Embedded Host Supplement is
being developed.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-08 00:31
  • uNVC
  • C
Sort by:
Total of 48173 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.