Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

16%

7.8
7.7
7.5

Did someone say the N8 will replace the 5800 & N900 or N97/X6...?

Does the N8 get some decent loudspeakers such as the ones in my 5800?

I saw someone talk about the class d amplifier mobile dolby sound chip for over hdmi... I actually have a curious interest for the loudspeakers.

• 2010-06-06 22:01
  • n5QF

On sale in China maybe ?

• 2010-06-06 21:52
  • 4$sq

Who the hell is bothered about the X10,just go onto the X10 page to put in your opinion,we go onto this page to put in opinions about the Nokia N8,Sony Ericsson have been losing touch for ages,an the N8 will drop there sales more,an these two companies might end up going both ways in the recent future an its there own fault for releasing below par mobiles an the Quality below par

• 2010-06-06 21:27
  • 3pH0

Nokia have created more innovation, difference, smart campaigns & creative ads than anyone else for the N8. They dared to be different & decided to deliver the N8 to us using good byte size snack tactics to whet the apetite leaving the end user yearn for more.

The Finnish company a a great way to market there new products by showing off design, features, performance, gaming all abilities of the phone in each byte size vid.

What if the adverse effects declined due to nokia haters was due to some envy, burst of anger, then a rampant reaction to all things good'n nokia.

• 2010-06-06 21:20
  • n5QF

• 2010-06-06 21:19
  • mJd4

> In reply to wow, ppl are stupid. @ 2010-06-06 20:09 from 4Atr - click to readAs someone said, Nokia haters are attacking by negative votes. Yes, I do remember that initially rating was 9.1 & then suddenly falled to 8.8 in single day & now falling again! Though features & design is same. Infact someone demonstrated new feature like USB otg a few days ago. Shame on haters. I don't care about votes, its meaningless thing. I don't vote either!

• 2010-06-06 20:16
  • up6U
  • wow, ppl are stupid.
  • Rating0

i dont understand how the voting suddenly declined after they showed a preview of the OS. surely, the performance wouldn't be as some ppl expected but how the f*ck are the design and features affected?? the design didnt change from the first time it was showcased, same with the features.....are ppl just this plain stupid that they dont understand what these 2 criteria mean??

• 2010-06-06 20:09
  • 4Atr

Ok guys, dont feed the troll. No answers from us means no reason for him to be here.

Back on topic. S^3 is perfectly skinnable, and there are already themes for it available.

Have a look at this:

Sweet!

• 2010-06-06 19:48
  • mbyw

> In reply to Rocky @ 2010-06-06 18:19 from nq$9 - click to readI am also as desperate as you if not more.
According to rumors, it shall be release at 24th Aug.
Hope it is real.
It is very hard to wait although it is only like two months times.

• 2010-06-06 19:02
  • YQqc

> In reply to [deleted post]its a baseless argument that phone will sell at high price because of popularity.. a brand has to be loyal to their words and nokias are thats why they are world leader.

• 2010-06-06 18:51
  • up60

> In reply to [deleted post]Hmm.. I think Nokia will not do that. :)
I will grab this phone for sure :)

• 2010-06-06 18:40
  • YQqc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 17:43 from MtrH - click to readSorry, my bad. I thought the hole at the back is the lanyard eyelet. Its actually the speaker hole. So it does not have a lanyard eyelet i guess. :p

mynokiablog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/680mhg0c­2q2c0011.jpg

• 2010-06-06 18:37
  • YQqc

...Can somebody tell me when exactly this phone will be released???....

• 2010-06-06 18:19
  • nq$9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 16:19 from YQqc - click to readThanks :-) Yes, looks good with aluminum body and scratch-resistant display. I'm into Nature photography and I don't always notice the holes, roots and rocks under my feet when walking around and looking for something to take a pic of, so I would rather be safe than sorry :-) I know the Satio definitely has one, but wasn't sure about N8.

• 2010-06-06 17:43
  • MtrH

256 RAM.... Why???? How difficult is it to put 512...

• 2010-06-06 16:32
  • khSL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 15:53 from MtrH - click to readI remember seeing one from one of the videos link posted here. However i cannot remember which video.

I know what u mean. Thanks God that my Inov8 is a tough one cause i've drops it like 30 times or more still it works fine :)

I think N8 will be a tough one too with all the tough body build material :)

• 2010-06-06 16:19
  • YQqc

Maybe a stupid question but - will this thing have a lanyard eyelet? I can't tell from these pics, and I hate the chance of dropping my phone when taking photos from weird angles :-S so I'd like to know before it's released...

• 2010-06-06 15:53
  • MtrH

> In reply to Bong @ 2010-06-06 14:18 from ibXr - click to read5800x user
Has an on screen option for both the qwerty & the normal one, thats it? Thanx in advance.

• 2010-06-06 15:26
  • N7Dr

> In reply to Rajesh @ 2010-06-06 09:26 from tA$U - click to readI see. Thank you for your answer. So it seems nokia is still fine-tuning their S^3 platform is it? Hmm....if it outperforms my expectation, then I will definitely get it since I need a second handset soon. ^^ If it is around 350 USD, then it will definitely be a hit seeing how good the camera is =D

• 2010-06-06 14:18
  • ibXr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 10:58 from 2Zj6 - click to readHello.
Nokia already has a very useful Email service that is available for free(1). Please check it out here email.nokia.com.
I must explain though that this is not same as the Blackberry service where you pay to have email pushed to your device (like SMS) while with Nokia email, you use data service to download the email from Nokia server(2).
The good thing about it is that (apart from being free) you get a very good email client plus multiple choice of supported emails (unlike an Iphone). I personally have configured the client in my N95 for 2 Gmails, 1 Yahoo mail, 2 pop mails and 1 Hotmail that I sync at the same time.

(1) Nokia does not charge you but you might incur data charge is you don't use wifi.
(2) Since you need to sync the emails, you will be using a lot of battery juice is you use Always On settings. I use manual update and check my emails every hour or so.

• 2010-06-06 13:20
  • tu6}
Total of 48030 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.