Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.7
7.5

> In reply to [deleted post]its a baseless argument that phone will sell at high price because of popularity.. a brand has to be loyal to their words and nokias are thats why they are world leader.

• 2010-06-06 18:51
  • up60

> In reply to [deleted post]Hmm.. I think Nokia will not do that. :)
I will grab this phone for sure :)

• 2010-06-06 18:40
  • YQqc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 17:43 from MtrH - click to readSorry, my bad. I thought the hole at the back is the lanyard eyelet. Its actually the speaker hole. So it does not have a lanyard eyelet i guess. :p

mynokiablog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/680mhg0c­2q2c0011.jpg

• 2010-06-06 18:37
  • YQqc

...Can somebody tell me when exactly this phone will be released???....

• 2010-06-06 18:19
  • nq$9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 16:19 from YQqc - click to readThanks :-) Yes, looks good with aluminum body and scratch-resistant display. I'm into Nature photography and I don't always notice the holes, roots and rocks under my feet when walking around and looking for something to take a pic of, so I would rather be safe than sorry :-) I know the Satio definitely has one, but wasn't sure about N8.

• 2010-06-06 17:43
  • MtrH

256 RAM.... Why???? How difficult is it to put 512...

• 2010-06-06 16:32
  • khSL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 15:53 from MtrH - click to readI remember seeing one from one of the videos link posted here. However i cannot remember which video.

I know what u mean. Thanks God that my Inov8 is a tough one cause i've drops it like 30 times or more still it works fine :)

I think N8 will be a tough one too with all the tough body build material :)

• 2010-06-06 16:19
  • YQqc

Maybe a stupid question but - will this thing have a lanyard eyelet? I can't tell from these pics, and I hate the chance of dropping my phone when taking photos from weird angles :-S so I'd like to know before it's released...

• 2010-06-06 15:53
  • MtrH

> In reply to Bong @ 2010-06-06 14:18 from ibXr - click to read5800x user
Has an on screen option for both the qwerty & the normal one, thats it? Thanx in advance.

• 2010-06-06 15:26
  • N7Dr

> In reply to Rajesh @ 2010-06-06 09:26 from tA$U - click to readI see. Thank you for your answer. So it seems nokia is still fine-tuning their S^3 platform is it? Hmm....if it outperforms my expectation, then I will definitely get it since I need a second handset soon. ^^ If it is around 350 USD, then it will definitely be a hit seeing how good the camera is =D

• 2010-06-06 14:18
  • ibXr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 10:58 from 2Zj6 - click to readHello.
Nokia already has a very useful Email service that is available for free(1). Please check it out here email.nokia.com.
I must explain though that this is not same as the Blackberry service where you pay to have email pushed to your device (like SMS) while with Nokia email, you use data service to download the email from Nokia server(2).
The good thing about it is that (apart from being free) you get a very good email client plus multiple choice of supported emails (unlike an Iphone). I personally have configured the client in my N95 for 2 Gmails, 1 Yahoo mail, 2 pop mails and 1 Hotmail that I sync at the same time.

(1) Nokia does not charge you but you might incur data charge is you don't use wifi.
(2) Since you need to sync the emails, you will be using a lot of battery juice is you use Always On settings. I use manual update and check my emails every hour or so.

• 2010-06-06 13:20
  • tu6}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 12:13 from N7DX - click to readIt has an onscreen qwerty keyboard, but not a physical one.

• 2010-06-06 13:01
  • wYxI

Does this phone have a qwerty option

• 2010-06-06 12:13
  • N7DX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 10:16 from tWhH - click to readHave you used S3 already? honest question because the people that have used all agree it is vastly better tha S1, both in speed and intuitiveness....

rgds

• 2010-06-06 11:35
  • mG8F

If Nokia thinks the N8 will succede they should release the N8 the same time an the New iPhone 4g,then we will see if the new Symbian^3 is going to really be able to compete with Apple,but we have to wait until late August-Early September before we do see the N8,Nokia hope because of the camera an flash they have put on the N8 it will sell better i wrong idea for such a succesful company, its the easy of the software an speed,as Symbian sometimes drags alittle an needs a change so hope the Symbian^3 is faster

• 2010-06-06 11:30
  • 3pH0

I have just a gal using her n8 prototype in nokia c5 road show, just the phone physical looks is a great success

a fashion accessoriy

• 2010-06-06 11:17
  • Ke1N

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 10:58 from 2Zj6 - click to readNokia does have its own email service. Check out email.nokia.com. It can be setup to be as effective as Blackberry (instant receiving) for no extra charge to Nokia but it means you will be taxing your battery. I use this service and receive my Gmail x2, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, company popmail and an Ovimail on my phone with manual updates every hour.
* No extra charge to Nokia means you don't pay for your emails like with Blackberry but do still get charged for data if you use that instead of wifi.

• 2010-06-06 11:10
  • PA8c

nokia nokia nokia ...........................
plz devlop email option like blackberry

• 2010-06-06 10:58
  • 2Zj6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 10:10 from uth5 - click to readok thanks for the correction..

i'm just dismayed by the so called improvements of symbian.. the device it self is being put to waste..

putting maemo 6 on this might do the magic..

• 2010-06-06 10:16
  • tWhH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-06 10:01 from tWhH - click to readN97 is a Symbian^1 itself. Its a s60v5 now called as Symbian^1 as per new naming by Symbian Foundation.

• 2010-06-06 10:10
  • uth5
Total of 48081 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.