Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.8
7.5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-07 20:41 from St{6 - click to readno, there's no stylus. This phone has a CAPACITIVE touch screen, not a resistive one. hence it recognizes touch signals through charge's in ur finders rather than a physical push. that is one of the disadvantages to capacitive--no hand writing recognition. also, you can't be wearing gloves or using ur fingers to use this phone even if ur finger has a bandage on.

• 2010-06-07 20:49
  • R1Yj

is coming with stylus?

• 2010-06-07 20:41
  • St{6

is coming with stylus?

• 2010-06-07 20:39
  • St{6

Wondering what nokia is waiting for, some good device's are coming soon! are they gonan put us on hold for longer? at least let us know the date :S UGH

• 2010-06-07 20:05
  • 3EVK

its features are really good, but compared to x1-, it will be left behind, but in its price range, its really cheap for all the stuff stuck in its hardware, nice nokia, but i still stick to SE

• 2010-06-07 18:58
  • tWgJ

> In reply to kevinaux @ 2010-06-07 12:14 from RNy3 - click to readThanks for your explaination. But there is a problem which I need a solution from you. The example of P4 processor which you gave here is a desktop processor. What clock speed processor from Intel I was speaking is a mobile pc ( laptop/notebook ) processor. So if you give me an example of desktop processor and compare it with mobile phone processor there is no logic behind the calculations. So kindly tell us about mobile intel processors. Since you are from Processor industry we all are so lucky to have you here and we would like to know more and more and more about mobile phone and laptop processors...I am a technology fan and always look forward to here from people like you. For your info I have friends in every technology departments like Intel, Nokia, SE, Samsung, Siemens, Cisco, AMD etc and we do have meetings quiet often and update each other about modern technology...I would love to hear from you and would like to have you for more discussions henceforth...Which company are you associated with???

• 2010-06-07 18:52
  • PAqQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-07 18:11 from T6r} - click to readYeah.. u r right this phone is due to release in August around 25th......way too long to resist.....

• 2010-06-07 18:23
  • utie

I'm mad at Nokia now for not releasing this phone early, they made me drool for too long. huhu. how inhumane, i've used a galaxy spica and I owned one, but only the UI made me smile, the music player sucks bigtime, the camera does not do any justice too. And one thing RSS based apps "i hope i got it right", suck out my prepaid loads. darn!!!,

• 2010-06-07 18:11
  • T6r}

there are some vedios using picture browser where the screen cuts in half. I hope that was fixed, I wannaX2 get this phone too, for a thought a price at less than 500 USD i can have a the best camera phone, the best Music player, Nseries music player is the best music phone experience and only the Sony walkman X-series can beat it and of course winamp with ozone izotope DSP plugin can beat it too, hahaha... And dont forget a solid body with anonized color, "physical cosmetic beauty was made to last" harharhar. The UI, just as long it is smooth and does not lag too many times I can deal with that " this is not an Iphone specializing in eyecandyNESS". The OTG fucntion, HDMI and the geeky techs that i'm not familiar with. hehehe.

• 2010-06-07 18:06
  • T6r}

Same here :-)

• 2010-06-07 17:29
  • fjfe

> In reply to Andy Burgin @ 2010-06-07 17:14 from 3pH0 - click to readwell thats wat the phone game is, cat chase mouse but no one catches up to anyone. So there's no point in saying "i bet samsung or se will come out with somethng" cause of course they will. the question is wat do you want, and what will you keep? the fact is, this phone is exciting due to so many newintegrated features (espeicially since some of these have never been seen in nokia). as far as the camera is concerned, nokia has probably the BEST camera phones out... the ui, the lenses, the flash quality, the battery life, the memory.. the camera is tested and designed by serious professionals and no other cmpany ensure they have a decent camera like nokia does. My n82's 5mp camera was better than every 8mp camera i've seen so far, im sure this 12mp camera will be astoundingg.
and nokia has a rep unlike anyone else, its almost impossible for samsung,se,lg or moto to derive the fans who already have thier minds set to buy this phone.

- peace

• 2010-06-07 17:27
  • R1Yn

> In reply to Lol @ 2010-06-07 17:08 from KFPr - click to readI like ORANGE,BLACK ! I always had black coloured nokia so think i ll get orange this time ;)

• 2010-06-07 17:23
  • upfY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-07 17:12 from tjF@ - click to readHey I'm also confused among those three colors you have mentioned (dark grey, orange, blue).

• 2010-06-07 17:22
  • KFPr

> In reply to Andy Burgin @ 2010-06-07 17:14 from 3pH0 - click to readHi Andy,

You never know what the competition comes up with, but the first impressions of the Motorola device on engadget indicate it sucks big time.

Now, on N8's for sale, if you look at the images from the shop, the devices that are there are running S^3, but we are not sure which version or iteration.

I think the N8 will be a seriously solid piece of kit, and even though some rivals may outshine it on a single spec item, overall they would be hard pressed to beat it, especially at that price point.

• 2010-06-07 17:19
  • mbyw

Please watch out buying the N8 off the internet,as theres loads of Chinese copies available already,an Nokiablog says a Chinese shop showing off the N8,but i wonder if this is a Fake N8 or not,as theres no trust with the Chinese fakes an features way different from the Original N8,Nokia now again making a Big mistake announcing the N8 way to early an not even the software up to date,Motorola announcing another xenon flash mobile,an i bet Samsung an Sony Ericsson will release something better than the N8 a 15 or 20 mega-pixel camera mobile to stop the sales of the N8 not outshining them

• 2010-06-07 17:14
  • 3pH0

> In reply to Lol @ 2010-06-07 17:08 from KFPr - click to readHey pal, this is base on your personal preference. Do not get influence by others opinion.

Actually, i myself also having hard time to choose between the blue, orange and black color.

I guess we will have to wait till we have the real device on our hand to decide which color looks best for us. :)

• 2010-06-07 17:12
  • tjF@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-07 16:59 from upfY - click to readPlease please suggest me which color N8 should I choose.. Please suggest as a good friend.

• 2010-06-07 17:08
  • KFPr

> In reply to Sk @ 2010-06-07 15:54 from utii - click to readYou are right, we will have to wait and see. However, is the CPU is too slow, which I doubt, then the speed can be adjusted through firmware, like happened to the 5800.

• 2010-06-07 17:04
  • mbyw

This phone is very well balanced ,a good combination of all features and i think itz good with cost 450 USD

• 2010-06-07 16:59
  • upfY
Total of 48198 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.