Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

take a look at HTC Evo, Desire, Samsung Galaxie S, Omnia HD, LG gw 990 BL 40, SonyEricson Satio, Vivaz, and more from them and N8 all gseat an

• 2010-06-04 20:37
  • SX@d

Hi.i think when it comes to Iran it costs about 900euro.all cellphones here are like this!!!

• 2010-06-04 20:34
  • SbgA

> In reply to me @ 2010-06-04 19:33 from PIZ1 - click to readHi There,

To each his own. But you are incorrect about Android versus S^3.

For example, the things people use most on a phone, the phone, sms, music. In all of these things I prefer S^3 greatly over Android. In fact, the media player in Android is so bad, people are happy there are 3rd party apps to alleviate the stress.

We can disagree about a lot of things, but S^3 is still better for texting, calling & music.

Also, Hardware UI acceleration FTW! :)

Cheers, have a good day.

• 2010-06-04 20:24
  • mbyw

this is truly a great mobile device. I was planning on getting the N86 but after seeing this I know I'm getting this instead. Nokia and Sony Ericsson are the best!

• 2010-06-04 20:24
  • qLCq

> In reply to anosh @ 2010-06-04 19:44 from SX@d - click to readCPU is UNDERclocked and can be adjusted with firmware to 1Ghz. Like happened to 5800, increased speed with firmware...

In any case, its fast enough now.

• 2010-06-04 20:20
  • mbyw

> In reply to anosh @ 2010-06-04 20:10 from SX@d - click to readi am not sure if they gonna use Android! ... but for sure they will use Windows Mobile

• 2010-06-04 20:16
  • 3EVD

well friends, i think that nokia will try to meet demands of all clients in the near future and make phones with OS Android too

• 2010-06-04 20:10
  • SX@d

I know that nokia is capeable to make great and super smartphones N8 is an example, just can imagine the next super comps.

• 2010-06-04 19:55
  • SX@d

> In reply to anosh @ 2010-06-04 19:44 from SX@d - click to readwait for the future devices .. and skip this one

• 2010-06-04 19:50
  • 3EVD

i think this is a truely great mobile comp N8. But it should have a cpu at least 850 to 1.3 ghrz for smoother and faster performance performanced

• 2010-06-04 19:44
  • SX@d

> In reply to me @ 2010-06-04 19:33 from PIZ1 - click to readi totaly agree with you on all what you said!

i will talk about my self! i dont care about how many applications or or or !

Free Navegation for life, Awesome Camera, Fm Transmetter, and so many other specifications will satisfy me :)

i am not demanding! they are more than what i need. and symbin is just fine with me lol i like it

• 2010-06-04 19:41
  • 3EVD

android have a better look, plenty of apps n games, easy to be used, extreme speed of web browsing and look so much more like a smartphone.. symbian is old and ugly.. seriously.. android is very fast n smooth. wait till android 2.2 is out. it would so much better. i dont hate this phone, i just don't want u guys to regret getting a symbian device. but in the end, it is ur choice.=)

• 2010-06-04 19:33
  • PIZ1

> In reply to N8 @ 2010-06-04 19:18 from T2a$ - click to read+1 * pointing at Fm Transmeter :D *

• 2010-06-04 19:28

Tom
I will enjoy videos more on the 4" screen of the x10 but I'll still enjoy it on the 3.5" screen of the N8.

The x10 screen resolution will fit more things on the screen but the n8 will fit things impressively on the screen but not as much as the x10.

The x10 has a faster processor and larger ram than the N8 but the both phones will still get tasks done.I don't know about the speed untill the n8 is released.

The android 1.6 OS and the Symbian 3 OS are both designed to meet the needs of users.How user friendly, Fast, responsive and effective each OS is will be compared when symbian 3 is released.

My Point Here Is x10 will never give me
12mp camera
Video call camera
Hsdpa speed of 10mbps
5 band 3G support
Wifi 802.11n
Class-33 gprs and edge
Flash support in web browser
Bluetooth 3.0
Hdmi tv-out with dolby digital plus
16gb onboard mass storage
Usb otg
Fm radio or fm transmiter.

The N8 is my choice.

• 2010-06-04 19:18
  • T2a$

> In reply to Rajesh @ 2010-06-04 19:14 from PAqQ - click to read2010 beats 2009
2011 beats 2010
2012 beats 2011

.. and go on, i wont be able to select if i claculated it that way!

• 2010-06-04 19:18
  • 3EVD

> In reply to Mark @ 2010-06-04 18:50 from mbyw - click to readAs I said, different phones for different categories of consumers, its upto the individual taste and preferences. I remember my beloved portable PIONEER DVD Player with 7" LCD screen which I bought in 2005 at a price of USD 600. I used to carry with me on my short train trip and on flights and even in long journey by car. It had a brick like battery which used to give me playing time of 2 DVD movies. I used to adore its screen. I tried watching movie on HTC HD and now I tried it on Samsung I8910 HD but I miss the size of the screen and wish if I could get that same viewing experience of Pioneer 7" screen. And mind you on that Pioneer I could only watch movies and do nothing more. But now I feel with the introduction of full capability in forthcoming gadgets watching movies, TV, gaming as well as computing including web surfing on higher res and larger screen would be full of amusement. To me, these gadgets would be my 1st choice...And also due to new battery technology we would atleast be able to have whole day of comfortable use...2011 will bring technological excitement and as the time passes by we would be able to grab our gadgets with more options to serve us better. I love technology.

• 2010-06-04 19:14
  • PAqQ

> In reply to Rajesh @ 2010-06-04 17:15 from PAqQ - click to readHi Rajesh,

I think the main argument against what you said was size, not so much technology. I see the phone as a laptop replacement in the future, with wireless connecting to keyboards and screen. I just do not think we should go back in time and call stuff I cant put in my pocket a smartphone, or a superphone. It becomes a MID, or a Tablet. Even the 5 inch dell thing, is not a phone in my book. There is no way I can put it in my pocket.

You know, back in the day, guys used to joke, that cell phones were the only item where you could brag because you had a smaller one. Now that has shifted to having a thinner one.

• 2010-06-04 18:50
  • mbyw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-04 13:18 from vx7h - click to readHuman eyes can Distinguish 10 million colors only what is the use of having more than that?

• 2010-06-04 18:27
  • vG02

With SonyEricsson doing so bad, most of their fans have disappeared in thin air and so has disappeared the bad mouthing. Samsung and Lg fans are well behaved, therefore the arguing is pretty much down - for a change. Nokia are doing a very good job with the N8. They have no choice if they want to keep on ruling :-)

• 2010-06-04 18:27
  • fjee

YES NOKIA FAN CLUB!!!!
i love how this is one of the first phone formums where there's all positve comments and no douche bag apple, se, or hardcore fans of other companies. I feel so proud of nokia right now....
this isn't even a flagship and yet its being done so right... this is wat nokia is known for. Pure quality, perfection and features that are difficult to find anywhere else. I just hope the new symbian is tweeked as nicely and smoothly as maemo or better.
Big ups nokia.... keep it up.
And nokia fans, keep supporting!

• 2010-06-04 17:54
  • R1Yn
Total of 47819 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.