Sk, 07 Jun 2010Thanks....where did u gt this info from ?...i tried searching in the ARM site but could no fin... moreAccording to Rumors N8 has Arm 1176 processor core. Here you can get info about it and other arm processors. http://www.arm.com/products/pr.../arm1176.php
Sk, 07 Jun 2010It is just a thought that it would have been better if N8 came up with the latest processors a... moreSk, I understand your apprehension about the possibility the N8 coming short in terms of power under the hood. Let me help you allay some of your fears and possible misconception.
1. The the most important fact here is that the N97 used Symbian^1 which was basically the old Series 60 OS running with a touch UI layer. I don't think I have to explain what a bad idea that turned out to be. N8 on the other hand runs a completely reworked OS with an UI that is designed for not only for touch screens but also hard keys. This new UI introduces single touch interface and pinch zoom that was lacking in the previous version.
2. The CPU in N97 was a disappointing ARM 11 434 MHz processor. In comparison, the N8 uses an ARM 11 680 MHz processor. This incidentally is the fastest CPU Nokia has ever stuffed into any of their phones. I point to your statement that "Nokia is still sticking with 600Mhz" which is not true.
3. Not only has the N97 had a slower CPU, it also lacked a GPU. As a matter of act the Symbian^1 would not even have taken advantage on a GPU even if there was one. Symbian^3 on the other hand was designed to optimize the usage of a GPU whereby its UI runs on this allowing for very smooth operation. And importantly, it runs a powerful Broadcom GPU.
I hope I do justice in explaining what an amazing user experience the N8 promises with the these upgrades even with a 'slower' but no less adequate CPU.
Lol, 07 Jun 2010Dont worry. The default clockrate of Cpu is 750 mhz but Nokia has underclocked it to 680 mhz (... moreThanks....where did u gt this info from ?...i tried searching in the ARM site but could no find one.....and by the way is this processor a Single or dual core?
Anonymous, 07 Jun 2010hey hey hey... im a nokia fan boy too, but dont hate on moto, thier still better than 90% of t... moreIts not paint. Even if you scratch the phone hardly the color will not go because Nokia have add the color while making Anodized Aluminium.
Sk , 07 Jun 2010800Mhz would hv been enough and 1Ghz would hv been betterDont worry. The default clockrate of Cpu is 750 mhz but Nokia has underclocked it to 680 mhz (dont know why). It can be safely overclocked to 850 mhz.
Anonymous, 07 Jun 2010hey hey hey... im a nokia fan boy too, but dont hate on moto, thier still better than 90% of t... moredamnnnnnnn,
im currently using an n900 (and i love itt), but i wanna get this too now. im stunned by the things they've put into this phone. its like the only thing they left out is a qwerty keyboard. so sexy....
Anonymous, 07 Jun 2010Nokia N8 vs Motorola Milestone XT720
n8 is t... morehey hey hey... im a nokia fan boy too, but dont hate on moto, thier still better than 90% of the companies out there. if there's a company you should hate on, its SE, LG, BB...
Moto has stepped up their game insanely, but still NOKIA FOREVER.
this phone isn't even a flagship yet it makes other phones look like a joke. Alumin body with anodized paint? SOOOO ballin.. thats some serious build quality!!!
Anonymous, 07 Jun 2010680 mhz is enough.800Mhz would hv been enough and 1Ghz would hv been better
kevinaux, 07 Jun 2010I'm sorry Rajesh, I fail to see where I answered my own question there. I did ask why they sto... moreIt is just a thought that it would have been better if N8 came up with the latest processors available.....If N8 was designed to be 1Ghz phone then definitely the battery would be designed to support the 1Ghz Processor in the initial stage itself before the phone was actually developed...there is no need to change the Phone's design or increase/decrease the size of the phone....I find only the processor to be the most lacking feature of N8, like that of N97 where it made us struggle due to its combination of irritating UI and the Dumb processor......
Nokia N8 vs Motorola Milestone XT720
n8 is the king. it just shows how lame moto is!
i don't know if n8 is better than iphone 4g or not but what i know is that...n8 is gonna be more popular than the overrated iphone...look at iphone 4g daily interest...LOL... it's not even release yet but people already get bored with it but n8 everyone can't wait for it to be release..neither can i =D
Nokia N8 will be a tremendous hit. The 12 MP Camera will be a real sensation and the HD quality video recording will be a real hit...
Nokia have done it again!. They just can't help themselves can they... Producing some world class electronic pieces of goodness. They must be hiring geniuses from Area 51. They just keep on coming
This phone looks stylish and beautuful in life
i have seen the a woman usimg it in the nokia c5 promotion road show. The physiacal looks just looks promising
When you realize just how amazing these technologies really really are. Then you'll know why YOUR next smartphone should be a nokia N8. Nokia... "Driving the innovations of the future, ...so you don't have to!" YET again nokia are a leader still retaining their market share dominance. :)
1 other reason for loving N8. Bluetooth 3.0 from the SIG alliance group. The bluetooth module is partnered with a radio module 802.11 add on card which uses (PAL) Protocol Adaptive layer provides increased throughpur transfer rates at the speed of (up to 24Mbps) and more frugal power usage will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.
The Applications for use
With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
· Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
· Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
· Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television.
Technical features of BT3.0 + (HS) High Speed.
· Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
· 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
· Generic Test Methodology
· Enhanced Power Control
· Unicast Connectionless Data