Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

Does Nokia N8 have continuous autofocus while recording video like SE Vivaz? if it doesn't have then recording video useless and out of focus.

• 2010-05-14 13:35
  • SnAm

> In reply to killaudio @ 2010-05-14 12:45 from vj1k - click to readSorry dude...actually the little bulb under the Xenon flash is the Auto focus assist light...not LED flash. And well, the UI lag may will be improved in retail units but don't expect too many cool transitions like LG, samsung etc.

• 2010-05-14 13:07
  • uNVK

> In reply to KLPD @ 2010-05-14 12:58 from utXr - click to readAnanoided aluminium bady and glass screen are you happy with that?:)

• 2010-05-14 13:05
  • IWN4

> In reply to Sunil @ 2010-05-14 12:31 from uNVK - click to readdude please tell me about build of n8?
is it made up of metal or plastic or fibre?

• 2010-05-14 12:58
  • utXr

> In reply to Sunil @ 2010-05-14 12:31 from uNVK - click to readnice review sunil..i guess led light is only available to official retail product..if you can see below the xenon flash was the led light..i guess on the prototype it was absent..it real that the music is not impressive..it is real that its only has 1 monospeaker not stereo speaker..and looking to some videos the transition is not good..and it alm0st lag in some condition..but i think it will resolve thru firmware update like nokia5800 and n97..

• 2010-05-14 12:45
  • vj1k

Let's answer some of the questions that people asked and I missed to write in my post.
1. Well, I can't say much about its camera's low light performance as I didn't get the chance to check that but I can say this much that in the photos taken indoors with my omnia HD I found quite some noise in full resolution where with N8's I found very little and that gonna improve more I think in the retail unit. So I expect low light performance gonna be pretty good.
2. The screen is scratch resistance yes.
3. The overall build quality is pretty good for guys but girls gonna have problems.
4. I didn't get the full pleasure of multitouch for a bit slowness and you lot won't too if you fill up more than 10GB of its internal memory. Better use memory cards.
5. The UI is obviously better than symbian^1 but not groundbreaking. The annoying double press is now disabled, the three home screens are actualy parts of one big homescreen. I found the speed of kinetic scrolling a bit too much though which may cause some mishaps. And to my great disappointment I didn't find that much transition effects thats why I didn't write it on my first post.
6. Sorry guys no additional LED flash so forget low light video recording.
7. While running 2-3 apps the speed of the UI won't lag much but u can hardly use the ui while runnnin 4-5 apps unlike N900.
8. I used my i8910 headphone (its awesome) to hear its music. The quality is pretty good but I dunno why the bass wasn't real like; it was like some box is being banged hard...

Hope this helps. Cheers!

• 2010-05-14 12:31
  • uNVK

it's perfectly beautiful! i'm quite curios about this plan.how would i avail this should i wish to! how's the mode of payment? what are this plans all about? but my preferred unit is still what is being shown in the screen.

• 2010-05-14 12:05
  • RxnW

This phone is actually nokia camera flagship that can even compete with iphone 4g and 5g .6......

Nokia have two more flagships that are n98 and n920 to thank the their supporters in the world

• 2010-05-14 12:02
  • Ke14

love n8!

• 2010-05-14 11:45
  • vx7h

this phone is sexy man itz d best

• 2010-05-14 11:42
  • ttc1

This year nokia world is interesting as always.

• 2010-05-14 11:01
  • Ke1{

hmm I guess NOKIA now released their first ever nice elegant touchscreen phone..i think so far this is the best i've seen from nokia..congratulations now you live up to my expectations...ill be waitng for this phone to be release in the philippines....

• 2010-05-14 10:50
  • 2A3h

Nokia symbian and maemo flagship looks good

• 2010-05-14 10:34
  • IWM1

> In reply to hi im a @ 2010-05-14 10:12 from I0PC - click to readYeah I'm agree!

• 2010-05-14 10:22
  • RKpf

would everybody agree that the n8 and n900 would make some pretty hot awesome babies?

• 2010-05-14 10:12
  • I0PC

wish the n8 had a keyboard like the n900, but still debating on n900 vs n8
the n8 is like the n900's hot girlfriend
want them both!

• 2010-05-14 10:09
  • I0PC

this good phone but not pretty!tihs phone first in the world that can take the movies good quality.i think this phone is beeter than vivazzzz

• 2010-05-14 10:00
  • 3AGA

> In reply to SAM @ 2010-05-14 08:59 from uwea - click to readi read that symbian^3 support symbian9.4 v5 apps is that true....

• 2010-05-14 09:47
  • PS64

The main drawback of any new operating system is lack of applications.So I think Nokia N8 and all the mobiles based on new OS will suffer this problem.So it is better to delay the purchase date of Nokia N8.

• 2010-05-14 08:59
  • uwea

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-14 07:49 from t7vN - click to readi like symbian but if in 2~3years time majority of ppl use android i guess i hv to change to android too. I cant wait 4 N8 symbian^3. Hope it is release as soon as possible.hope fully by july or august. if they release on sept then it be a perfect present 4 me LOL

• 2010-05-14 08:42
  • PS64
Total of 47613 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.