Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

> In reply to panky @ 2010-05-15 09:55 from vw3i - click to readThe phone can be restarted by pressing power button for 7 seconds, hence there is no need for battery removal if phone gets blocked.

• 2010-05-15 10:34
  • 0U@5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-15 10:21 from LaDS - click to readI have also doubts so I dont replied him for several days and watching him. Every thing he said is very general.. And if he had this phone then why dont he simply make a short video of his n8 and upload it to youtube since according to him he had Omnia hd, so it will not be a trouble. And even he can upload some photos of his n8 to flickr straight from his phone.. Since I'm visiting this site I had saw many people pretending that they have pre-release sample but in truth they dont have and in end they accept that they dont have one..

• 2010-05-15 10:32
  • KFNZ

> In reply to Niraj @ 2010-05-15 10:06 from KFNZ - click to readI sill don't think that Sunil has a prototype unit. every coment is so general. i could have also posted hundreds of similar posts and replies.
Nokia keeps the model very hush-hush, the gsmarena could only get a few stills with the phone turned off because of sotware inconsistency..and now all of a sudden comes someone who details that and that and that from a so called prerelease prototype

let me tell you something my friend. even if it's a prototype, the software is surely not developed enough to draw conclusions on anything. In the least it's one of those test dummy phones like the model on mobile-review,etc

So before drawing any conclusions, let's just say this whole thing is unprofessional in the least.

I've had a pre-release model of the E72 a while back...not mine, but just to play around. Software was very unstable, sensor didn't work right, network crashed every half an hous, so basicaly it was tottaly different than the marketed device (par from build desgn/construction)

• 2010-05-15 10:21
  • LaDS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-15 10:07 from LaDS - click to readPress and hold power key for 8 seconds and it will be done like laptops no need to remove battery..

• 2010-05-15 10:16
  • KFNZ

> In reply to panky @ 2010-05-15 09:55 from vw3i - click to readwell we're all very relieved you know about the N8 before it's released :))

I've never hab a symbian that hung uop on me badly...but, of course, if you don't know how to use an OS, os misshandle it or the applications (though you may pretend to be some kinda expert)....that might happen.

But on the other hand, if that's the case, maybe the N8 is not the device for you

• 2010-05-15 10:07
  • LaDS

> In reply to Sunil @ 2010-05-15 09:26 from uNVK - click to readJust 3 questions
1) Where do you live ( in which country) ?
2) How you can say Omnia hd is still king of multimedia devices?
3) how can you say Omnia hd and pixon takes better stills than n8?

• 2010-05-15 10:06
  • KFNZ

> In reply to J-D. B. @ 2010-05-15 08:55 from 3A{X - click to readSamsung...apple !? =)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

LO super L LOL!

• 2010-05-15 10:05
  • LaDS

knowing how to does make it comfortable.

why the hell do i have to go through the trouble of RESEARCHING how to remove the battery, bring screw driver everywhere i go in case it hangs... WTF?

• 2010-05-15 10:03
  • Y9h@

very bad idea from nokia for placing battery in N8. we have carry a screwdrive to remove the battery,

in case the phone hangs badly, which is a old tradition of symbian software, that the phone restart only after removing battery.

• 2010-05-15 09:55
  • vw3i

Just an advice

you people need to look at the fan club site of n8, you can find many info about the phone

like method of removing battery
why its camera rival sdlr camera

a site forum like nokiausers.net

• 2010-05-15 09:50
  • KecG

the bluetooth version of nokia n8 is 3 while this web say that is 2 you can see this at nokia.com/n8

thanks for read my comment

you can see more from me at www.5800club.blogfa.com and download 100% free softwares for your s60v5 device this blog so has translator for mor than 100 languages.

• 2010-05-15 09:50
  • 3Iri

> In reply to omnia dude @ 2010-05-15 08:45 from 2FYi - click to readAgreed. Omnia HD is still king of phones and will remain 'cause N8 is a slightly different device. It focuses on imaging most and the still camera image quality I think will easily beat Satio but will have trouble with pixon12. But satio shooting speed is better than both N8 and pixon12 and whats more I think the N8 flash is a lil bit more powerful than satio. Omnia HD stills are no match. But N8 HD recording is on par with i8910(I checked) But multimedia wise N8 is yet to catch up with Omnia HD. Lets see what I see in the reatail unit in 1-2 weeks.

• 2010-05-15 09:26
  • uNVK

Nokia is number 1 mobile company in the world. samsung,htc,sony ericsson is garbage...the brand says it all and the majority speaks for NOKIA!

• 2010-05-15 09:16
  • 0UYt

cant there be one phone platform which evolves as, only screen, with qwerty, choice of OS, choice of camera, i really likes the vivaz pro but they have priced it insane, plus screen is too small to njoy HD

• 2010-05-15 09:14
  • t}by

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-15 07:44 from tVsd - click to readI can confirm that N8 has no LED flash. There's no room for that. It just has a red LED under Xenon flash which is for AF assist. And Nokia thinks its more important, after all u gonna have a fabulous camera. And about the UI lag my bro told me that the unit I used was highly loaded with apps for testing perpose. The performance may come better in retail unit if you don't install toooo many apps.
And guys prior to my constant requests, my bro promised to show me a unit that's closer to the retail one with complete OS. Keep tuned. Hope I can help.

• 2010-05-15 09:09

• 2010-05-15 09:08
  • uNVK

Cool phone xD ! But HTC stills the best !

• 2010-05-15 08:59
  • p4Ng

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have never seen before such "naive" people.
If I see this same old c-r-a-p, not even able to play DivX, I have to think about a song of King Michael Jackson.
".... who's bad?... you know I'm really really bad....."
He wrote the song to have a "Duell" with Prince.
But as like Prince, NOKIA will never have a chance against the new Kingfamily: Samsung, HTC, Apple...
Sorry to speak out the truth!!

• 2010-05-15 08:55
  • 3A{X

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-15 08:44 from IAuu - click to readspeaking about plastic toys...me thinks you need a plastic toy . . Banana shaped....or maybe you could use the great...fantastic...bug free .almighty.PLASTIC 5800...almost same shape

• 2010-05-15 08:52
  • 2FYi

the spec list is not bad..But can poor old nokia get it together...i will check it out IF and when(possibly) released..but the omnia hd is going to be hard to pass....nokia have a habit of making a lot of pre release hype..followed by dissapointment,,then 7 or 8 firmware updates to fix the stuffups......i dont care what the specs say , its going to be another boring attempt........Omnia 'king of the fones'......nokias,,well they used to be ok

• 2010-05-15 08:45
  • 2FYi
Total of 47818 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.