Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

The N8 screen resolution is not the best, but also not that bad---iphone have resolution of 320x480 for 3 freaking generation people, and everything seems perfectly fine displayed on it.

• 2010-05-13 08:56
  • 4vnZ

360x640 resolution is the limit of symbian OS

• 2010-05-13 08:54
  • 4vnZ

I have had the Nokia 5800 touchscreen mobile since it first came out, its had glitches and a few problems and it occasionally crashes, but what phone does`nt, but I still love it.

I have been looking to upgrade to something a bit more modern, functional and nice looking.

I was looking at HTC desire, Sony X10, and even Samsung`s upcoming I9000 all using Android, which to be honest I had my heart set on.

But you start reading a few reviews about these phones, short battery life, hundreds of apps but do you really need them!.

Then I saw this little beauty, come on guys and girls its metal, scratch resistant screen, 40 hour playback on music, 12 meg camera with xenon flash, even the new Sony is not sporting a decent flash etc etc, its going to be 100 if not 1000% better than my 5800 which does everything I really need it for.

It may not have the 100000 apps that the Iphone does, but it will take superb pictures, the music player will rock as mine currently does, I will get my sms and be able to browse the net and email and it will look the coolest bit of kit in my pocket for a while to come.

Decision made, roll on shipment date your customers are waiting Nokia.

• 2010-05-13 08:31
  • PBRB

i think nokia should launch the phone as soon as possible to shut down the comments of the people & deffinetly will hit the market with its response.

• 2010-05-13 08:28
  • uphH

This fone changed my mind from taking the 3GS. The features just totally cool. Touch experience on the iphone is really great, i must admit, but this one really changed my mind. the cool design and added features like HD recording and HDMI output is just noteworthy. I hope it wont be so expensive like the iPhone though.

• 2010-05-13 08:27
  • iISX

> In reply to Riyal @ 2010-05-13 04:31 from uS$U - click to readwell, not entirely true, the nokia n900 use ARM Cortex A8, and it proved itself to be a powerful and great phone

• 2010-05-13 07:03
  • wrks

> In reply to NOKLA @ 2010-05-12 18:45 from utXq - click to readhaha very persistent fellow haha..dude is that what you're bragging about haha..its not yet even a phone or anything, its still only a plan or an idea haha..post it here if htc have released it..haha..poor guy.

• 2010-05-13 06:46
  • 2Am6

It is wery nice phone, it have every thins which I need so I want to bye as soon as come to the market.

• 2010-05-13 06:22
  • nx2y

some ppl just dont like nokia. What ever they do seems not right to some ppl. but dont they think nokia produce this for majority of the ppl in the world. just look at the daily interest majority of ppl want to know what is nokia going to offer to the market. if majority of ppl dont like nokia, the daily interest will not be that high. i think this smartphone maybe out dated for some ppl but it is a dream phone for majority of ppl.
majority>some so i think nokia will improve sales in 3Q and 4Q 2010. i think at least nokia will get 40% share of the world market by 1Q 2011. Just my prediction lol. Cheers.

• 2010-05-13 05:35
  • wcew

> In reply to armcortex @ 2010-05-12 19:55 from vGMx - click to readLol! This makes me laugh... Using cortex on a smartphone haha smartphones aren't internet tablets nor laptops >.>

• 2010-05-13 04:31
  • uS$U

You people are asking too much from nokia why dont you guyZ buy an iphoNe, samsung, htc with that android os. You like those then buy it youre complaining why nokia puT oNly this and that n0t this and that.

• 2010-05-13 02:07
  • vaNe

> In reply to NOKLA @ 2010-05-12 18:34 from utXq - click to readWow.. they're releasing HD4 before HD3!! You seem to know too much, even more than HTC themselves know!

Yes, HTC have said they're going to 1080p .. but who said it would be this July, or even this year?! In the news link you put HTC themselves said 1080p would be available 2nd quarter next year .. that's 2011!
And I don't think Snapdragon can do 1080p decoding!!

And and 2400mAh battery? Tell me what would that phone measure, if it would then be fit with the term 'phone'!

• 2010-05-13 01:08
  • ftvu

I would have bought this phone, but after the N97, Symbian leaves me cold. Symbian feels tired, and dated, and there is a distinct lack of apps available, like Last.fm, Layar, Shazam, Sports Tracker has only just been released for the N97, widgets that are fixed height.

Their phones don't even support DivX playback natively.

There is one thing Nokia how to do, hardware. Apart from the screen with its low resolution, 16 Gig onboard, 12 MP Camera, Xenon Flash, FM Transmitter, FM Radio, Wireless b/g/n, HDMI Out. It has features which most Android phones can only dream of.

Sadly I don't see enough changes in Symbian^3 for me to get excited about. The biggest thing they have, is being able to move icons around the screen and multiple home pages. There is no pictures of the messaging interface which on the N97 was just S60 with a touch interface tagged on.

I've therefore ordered the Samsung Galaxy S, which doesn't have a flash and only 5MP but can do DivX and HD recording.

I think if Nokia could release this as an Android device, take up of this would be even higher.

It's about time Nokia let go of Symbian.

• 2010-05-13 00:14
  • n$ek

Can any one tell me what is the price of N8 please ?

• 2010-05-12 23:39
  • 04%A

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-12 12:32 from P@QI - click to readi cant follow your replies anymore! . Thats if you are the same anom ..! We will have to agree to dissagree ( if u can understand that )

• 2010-05-12 22:37
  • 2FYi

WoW Nice Phone

• 2010-05-12 22:22
  • mQy4
  • F

This is a mid-range phone, far to be an High end model!

• 2010-05-12 22:04
  • 4Bbp

Oh.. and before you think I am a Nokia basher.. I am not. I love Nokia and all of my phones are Nokia's (but I have tried phones from other brands). Higher screen resolution means less scrolling when browsing the internet and what is one of the main points of getting a touchscreen?

• 2010-05-12 21:59
  • SjEk

Looking at the specifications, this seems like technically a perfect mobile, but then I wonder why it only will have a screen resolution of 360x640... maybe if I would buy a new touch screen right now, it would still be acceptable, but even now 640x800 is a resolution that you would expect from a high end phone. I don't like Apple, but when I read that the upcoming Iphone will have an even higher resolution, I can't imagine buying a phone with such a 'low' resolution as the N8 by the time it comes to the market in Q3 :-(

• 2010-05-12 21:53
  • SjEk

Good news from Nokia they have realised at last that there sales are falling an getting outshined in the mobile market in 2010 so there is going to a Big Shake Up at Nokia an change the strategy towards releasing more High-Tech mobiles instead of commiting themselves to Services to Much,Hope now Nokia do start what they used to do ,bring more advanced mobiles than the others,because after the N95 boom they seem to more bothered gaining the lead in the Mid-Range mobiles market,as SAmsung an Sony Ericsson releasing the high tech camera mobiles,so hope Nokia do change there ideas an shock the others again like they use to

• 2010-05-12 21:28
  • 3pH0
Total of 47613 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.