Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

I hope the battery of this phone is powerful, cause its useless if its not,

• 2010-05-16 02:55
  • vj1k

Scorpions - saying it's a largest sensor i suppose you know its frame size? So what is frame size of N8 sensor? And who was previous title holder?

• 2010-05-16 02:53
  • TjE8

no infrared port :((((((((((((((

• 2010-05-16 02:50
  • nsJK

nokia n8.. really a cool phone.. I was waiting for the iphone 4g to release, but nw i have changed ma mind.. I'l definitely buy the n8

• 2010-05-16 02:27
  • IPyt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-16 01:18 from up7a - click to readTotally agree and Mihai has lost its mind.

He sees world thru only his way and everyone else is fool for him.

• 2010-05-16 01:35
  • mp%D

> In reply to kiko @ 2010-05-15 22:24 from 3j}4 - click to readits going to be priced very cheap for what it does..i think nokia in line with its 5800 success are keeping price reasonable to make it another big success...In my limited group of techy friends who use smartfones this is the most talked about and most anticipated fone,more than x10,nexus one..OK that maybe unfair assumption cause we are all nokia/symbian fans but that does not stop us trying other platforms (bar i-phone,BB)

• 2010-05-16 01:31
  • nGBp

I won't buy this phone if its sound loudness is lower than 5800 XM i hope it higher than it . Please nokia where is the protect on the camera lens ?? I hope this phone break old nokia thinking .

• 2010-05-16 01:28
  • fXxv

> In reply to Mihai @ 2010-05-15 22:24 from 3cjF - click to readone way-carry n8/satio/omnia hd/pixon/vivaz in your pocket...

other way-carry nokia 1100+digicam+simple mp3 player+ipod touch+compass+gps reciever+wifi compatible internet tablet+fm radio.

which way is better?obviously first one.

phone cant REPLACE other dedicated devices(at the stance) but it can serve as all in one device and provide easier way of enjoying all the services.it doesnt mean that if you buy n8,you dont need to buy digicam.it means u wont miss to click important event in absence of your digicam..

you think lil bit more than an ordinary person,and i guess thats your problem.if everyone thinks as you do,how do omnia h,satio,pixon,vivaz exist?so dear friend we are not fool,we think positive and enjoy the surrounding unlike you do.take a chill pill. :)

• 2010-05-16 01:18
  • up7a

ITS a great phone. I hope to get my hands on it very soon

• 2010-05-16 00:49
  • u1tJ

please can any one tell me the meaning of 1Q 2010, 2Q 2010, 3Q 2010, and 4Q 2010

• 2010-05-16 00:20
  • fsxe

> In reply to Mihai @ 2010-05-15 22:24 from 3cjF - click to readFirst thing get your facts right.
- Most Mobile cameras Sensor – 1/1.6”
- Most Compact digital cameras Sensor – 1/2.3”
- N8 Sensor – 1/1.83”

Conclusion – It has largest sensor ever seen in Mobile cameras.

- 1080p is Full HD. Frame rates can be 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 frames per second.
- 720p is the shorthand name for a category of HDTV video modes.
- N8 captures 720p at 25fps.

Conclusion – We know what to expect and what not from Mobile devices. And quality can never match quality of a dedicated camcorder. But this is the best mobile device. You want carry your 200 to 500 gm camcorder in a pocket. Will you?

dpi-
- SE Satio – 12 MP, 72dpi
- Panasonic Lumix G1 – Bridge Interchangeable lens camera, 490 Pounds, 180dpi
- Nokia N8 – 300dpi

Conclusion – Better than dedicated camera. Cost less than dedicated camera.

Guys,
- You can’t buy N8 and think of replacing SLR.
- You can’t buy N8 and think of replacing camcorder.

But you can have a mobile device that can offer you image quality and video quality to be captured at best whenever you want as long as it’s allowed.

• 2010-05-15 23:19
  • mp%D

First 12 megapixel sample photos shot from Nokia N8 - http://pockethacks.com/first-1...om-nokia-n8/

• 2010-05-15 23:17
  • nU@p

this set would be perfation if it only had qwerty keyboard and irda and hd recording.than i would have bought it know matter what even if i had to sell my pants :P

• 2010-05-15 23:13
  • vQ1Y
  • Reza ghorbani ganji
  • Rating0

it's in very great,design very greats,facilities very great,it's dreaming ... I want this phone :)

• 2010-05-15 23:05
  • 39EN

There's no order phone with same spec and same price.

• 2010-05-15 22:55
  • S9IJ

> In reply to Mihai @ 2010-05-15 22:24 from 3cjF - click to readWhich HD phone have you used?
If you haven't used any, don't talk with your imagination.

• 2010-05-15 22:51
  • 0y$u

Wooow so this is he mega phone I ever seen !
I never purchased nokia I hatred them but this is number one HDMI output dear me wooow !! !!DA BEST!!

• 2010-05-15 22:44
  • mH6V

its really the best
i dream to have one to myself, but i think it will be very expensive :-(

• 2010-05-15 22:24
  • 3j}4

I was reading most of the comments and I cannot understand you guys...how can you think that a PHONE can record in HD?! Don't get me wrong...I'm talking about the REAL HD clarity.Or how can you think that a PHONE can make outstanding photos?D*mn! you are easy to fool(no offence!)If you see "HD" your mind involuntary pictures THE REAL HD(like HDTV signal for e.g.)or if you see 12Mp camera your mind flies to beautiful/clear photos that equals a REAL PHOTO CAMERA!!!THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG! Compared to a 1,3 Mp old camera phone...yes, they are HD BUT compared to a HD camcorder is just junk!Beautiful,well balanced,clear etc photos,you say?Compared to a 1,3 Mp old camera phone..yes they are indeed outstanding BUT compared to a digital camera is simply a joke! Stop dreaming!Phones have too small lens, too small space to store, too small chips,too small CPU power too small of everything to be called "the real deal" Cheers! ps: it's available for ALL brands not only for Nokia!

• 2010-05-15 22:24
  • 3cjF

I wonder how this processor can record hd videos

anyway, it's all about camera
and I'd rather buy a dedicated camcorder

• 2010-05-15 22:14
  • nTTe
Total of 47908 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.