Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

> In reply to Niraj @ 2010-05-15 10:32 from KFNZ - click to readI never said I had one (see my previous posts)...My bro just took me to his office to secretly show the device and I extracted every info on it I can in the short 3 hours I had this. But if you have doubts I will post videos of it in 1-2 weeks when I get to see a closer retail unit to my bros though I don't care if you think of me fake or not. I was just trying to help people and make their choice and prevent posting false info here. Aftar all this is gsmarena.

• 2010-05-15 11:28
  • uNVK

Nokia software engineers are so slow to complete the firmware for their phones. Nokia need to hire more software engineer to rush out the firmware for this phone

how many customers they lose in a day delay?

• 2010-05-15 11:24
  • Ke1V

> In reply to ali @ 2010-05-15 09:50 from 3Iri - click to readThanks mate. Nice website layout and truth be told, you rock!

• 2010-05-15 11:24
  • wHS5

> In reply to Sunil @ 2010-05-15 09:26 from uNVK - click to readHahaha! N8 still's will have trouble with Pixon 12?! Wow. Now that's naivety. How can a phone which is slightly better than Satio come close to N8?? That's like comparing a digital compact camera to a DSLR. You can't possibly put them together. It is already proven years ago that bigger sensor can produce better still pictures. If not mistaken, Pixon 12 sensor is around 1/2.5. How can that come close to N8's 1/1.83. And mind you, I haven't even mentioned Carl Zeiss optics yet. To be blunt, I still hold doubt whether the Pixon 12 can outshine SE Satio. From what I have seen so far, Pixon 12 only grace against Satio is in low light shooting.

And regarding N8's video capturing. My gosh! How can you put Omnia HD on par with this beast?! Have you seen the sample video???? Any Tom, Dick and Harry would be able to justify which one can capture better HD videos. Omnia HD is already out of competition. It can't even come close to Vivaz HD videos. What more to say N8.

Multimedia wise, I can't comment much since Samsung have a track record of enabling their devices to play DivX/XviD videos out of the box. But we have yet to see what the N8 can do. So I wish to reserve further comments for later.

P/S Do get a hands on with the actual N8. No matter how close it comes to a retail unit, it still won't be as good.

• 2010-05-15 11:20
  • wHS5

> In reply to Niraj @ 2010-05-15 10:06 from KFNZ - click to readI'm indian native...but staying with my brother in finnland right now for 2months.
2. I just said that coz omnia hd is king in multimedia all in one device...there is better devices yes but omnia hd is still named where all in one devices are concerened.
3. I don't think you read my post carefully. I said omnia hd 8MP images aren't even a match to N8's image which means N8 is lot better I just compared N8 with pixon12 and satio which is a fair deal.

• 2010-05-15 11:17
  • uNVK

lurve it.

• 2010-05-15 11:16

the best monster ever!

vote it 10 10 10!

350usd.

• vx7h

its the most popular phone today. it reached million in days. wow. congrats to Nokia!

no qwerty slider ?!

vey bad

• 2010-05-15 10:50
  • L6ZC

one of the best phones i have ever seen

• 2010-05-15 10:41
  • tZtA

> In reply to panky @ 2010-05-15 09:55 from vw3i - click to readThe phone can be restarted by pressing power button for 7 seconds, hence there is no need for battery removal if phone gets blocked.

• 2010-05-15 10:34
  • 0U@5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-15 10:21 from LaDS - click to readI have also doubts so I dont replied him for several days and watching him. Every thing he said is very general.. And if he had this phone then why dont he simply make a short video of his n8 and upload it to youtube since according to him he had Omnia hd, so it will not be a trouble. And even he can upload some photos of his n8 to flickr straight from his phone.. Since I'm visiting this site I had saw many people pretending that they have pre-release sample but in truth they dont have and in end they accept that they dont have one..

• 2010-05-15 10:32
  • KFNZ

> In reply to Niraj @ 2010-05-15 10:06 from KFNZ - click to readI sill don't think that Sunil has a prototype unit. every coment is so general. i could have also posted hundreds of similar posts and replies.
Nokia keeps the model very hush-hush, the gsmarena could only get a few stills with the phone turned off because of sotware inconsistency..and now all of a sudden comes someone who details that and that and that from a so called prerelease prototype

let me tell you something my friend. even if it's a prototype, the software is surely not developed enough to draw conclusions on anything. In the least it's one of those test dummy phones like the model on mobile-review,etc

So before drawing any conclusions, let's just say this whole thing is unprofessional in the least.

I've had a pre-release model of the E72 a while back...not mine, but just to play around. Software was very unstable, sensor didn't work right, network crashed every half an hous, so basicaly it was tottaly different than the marketed device (par from build desgn/construction)

• 2010-05-15 10:21
  • LaDS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-15 10:07 from LaDS - click to readPress and hold power key for 8 seconds and it will be done like laptops no need to remove battery..

• 2010-05-15 10:16
  • KFNZ

> In reply to panky @ 2010-05-15 09:55 from vw3i - click to readwell we're all very relieved you know about the N8 before it's released :))

I've never hab a symbian that hung uop on me badly...but, of course, if you don't know how to use an OS, os misshandle it or the applications (though you may pretend to be some kinda expert)....that might happen.

But on the other hand, if that's the case, maybe the N8 is not the device for you

• 2010-05-15 10:07
  • LaDS

> In reply to Sunil @ 2010-05-15 09:26 from uNVK - click to readJust 3 questions
1) Where do you live ( in which country) ?
2) How you can say Omnia hd is still king of multimedia devices?
3) how can you say Omnia hd and pixon takes better stills than n8?

• 2010-05-15 10:06
  • KFNZ

> In reply to J-D. B. @ 2010-05-15 08:55 from 3A{X - click to readSamsung...apple !? =)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

LO super L LOL!

• 2010-05-15 10:05
  • LaDS
Total of 47891 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.