Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.8
7.5

> In reply to Tom-Helge @ 2010-05-18 20:37 from SrdG - click to readTake a good look in your heart then tell me what do you see?
It's black and it's dark
now is that how you want it to be?
It's up to you what you do will decide your own fate.
Make your choice now, for tomorow maybe far too late.

Did you have terible experience with nokia?
Seems you very very hate nokia.

• 2010-05-19 00:19
  • PBRB

It says it has a 1200 mAh battery, which is quite disturbing. I own a n900 that supports a 1320 mAh battery and it's still an extremely shitty battery. So, I'm wondering how far more shitty the N8's battery would be?

• 2010-05-19 00:05
  • Ia9R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-18 21:05 from 02UI - click to readsamsung will not release any new symbian device after they have started to use their own Bada os . even omnia hd was a big fail for samsung cause of the very bad support the device was great and nice but the very bad support of samsung turned the device to a big fail .

• 2010-05-18 23:48
  • mcYq

damn, I dont have enoghf money to buy that :(

• 2010-05-18 23:28
  • pTi}

And here we are, crossing the number of VOTES for N8 than X10.

N8 Votes 24349
X10 Votes 24254

Obviously, this is while I am writing so they might vary when you visit N8 & X10 page.

• 2010-05-18 23:24
  • mp%D

> In reply to Tom-Helge @ 2010-05-18 20:37 from SrdG - click to readAnd one more thing TOM,

Just because you bought X10 doesn't mean you keep telling all the people in the world that X10 is a great device.

Basically you are feeling guilty and hence trying to convince other people that X10 is better than N8. I would argue and keep arguing.

Because readers here knows that N8 is far better than X10 in terms of spec in relation to cost.

• 2010-05-18 23:21
  • mp%D

> In reply to Tom-Helge @ 2010-05-18 19:10 from SrdG - click to readTOM TOM TOM,

I couldn't stop laughing at the points that U R making to prove X10 is better choice than N8.

Here is why I think you are wrong. And I am talking based on facts and not some wide speculations.

************************************************­***********
When we say SE X10 does not have radio, we mean, it do not have INTERNAL radio. And then you come along and say that it is delivered with radio called MW600.

This is a Bluetooth hands free, I can buy a FM radio for 5 pounds, why I need that S*hit.

Anyways, don't argue over MW600 because, it’s a great device and I own one. And I accept it upfront.

• * Bottom line is N8 has radio, X10 do not have one.
************************************************­***********

Your second point about the 8.5GB of X10.
First thing, internal memory supplied for X10 is 1GB. So it has got 1 GB only. You are saying that package contains 8GB which makes it 8.5Gb available for user.

N8 has built in internal 16Gb which is much higher than XPERIA X10 (Supplied + Internal). Also, who knows, N8 might come up with package containing 8GB which would make total available memory to user around (16+8) = 24GB.

• * Bottom line is – Compare Internal memory Only. X10 has 1 GB and N8 has 16GB internal Memory.

External Memory support –

N8 officially supports Card of 32GB
X10 officially supports Card of 16GB.

You would argue that 32Gb works with X10 but I can’t trust. Official specs from SE suggests it is 16GB only.

• * Bottom line is – External memory support for N8 is double than X10.
************************************************­***********

Summary – All your points are invalid.

• 2010-05-18 23:14
  • mp%D

i don't think so that any of nokia mobiles will reach to technology that i phone have it

just my opinion ....

• 2010-05-18 22:17
  • nxME

> In reply to Tom-Helge @ 2010-05-18 20:37 from SrdG - click to readgood for us youre an "expert" ...
where do you people keep showing up from ? it's likely we woldn't have hada n economic crisis with a few more geniouses like you.

just buy your X10 and LEAVE US ALONE. we've seen plenty of your kind posting oppinons without having and testing the actual phone to see where it fails and where it doesn't fail.

• 2010-05-18 22:09
  • LaBt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-18 21:05 from 02UI - click to readSo....what does samsung have better than N8 ?:))

Samsung just a Nokia wannabe ...just like a Mercedes style car produced by Hyunday :))

• 2010-05-18 22:04

Just virtual QWERTy :(

• 2010-05-18 21:57
  • ph@b

I wanna buy an iphone 3GS. Inspired by the multitouch input method feature of the touch screen of iphone. But after listening about that awsome cell, I think so its better to wait few months more then to waste lots of money.

• 2010-05-18 21:26
  • 2InK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-18 20:50 from vGWF - click to readwow, I'm really jealous mate. Seems like a lot of people already get their hands on the unit.

by the way, how bout the build quality mate? is it good? solid? And I'm wondering if the gallery load up the picture / video thumbnail fast? In condition when it's loading a lot of em? Cause my 5800, when I enter the gallery, the picture that relatively large, takes some times to load the thumbnail, and that bothers me a bit you know

• 2010-05-18 21:09

By the time N8 release, Samsung Omnia HD 2 will Available, take a look:

The rumoured specifications are:

* 4″ CapacitiveCapacitive Super AMOLEDAMOLED Screen
* 12 Megapixel Camera with Xenon and LED Flash, HD (1280*720 pixel) Video Recording at 30 FPS
* 16/32 GB Internal Memory (Two Variants Available)
* Symbian^3
* GPS, Wi-FiWi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0

• 2010-05-18 21:05
  • 02UI

> In reply to Tom-Helge @ 2010-05-18 20:37 from SrdG - click to readok man, my bad, I'm just saying that maybe you can say it another way so that people around here wont get upset. Of course everybody is free to have their opinion here, but I think it will feel much better if the argument feels like a positive argument and not a negative one.

Anyway, that's just me mate, no offense at all

• 2010-05-18 20:56
  • wrkH

hi guys..got chance to slide my fingers through an N8.. my frd is in a testing project..the phone is amazing..the capacitive touch is soothing.. overall is speed is nice (the phone was fully loaded for testing purpose).. video clarity is amazing..plays .mkv files with ease..the dolby sound is mind blowing (tried with my sennheiser cx180).. camera clarity is fair(for a 12mp)..some drawbacks that i felt are there is no dedicated key for accessing call details..the loud speaker is mono only..the overall look is cool.. saw both silver and orange..the animated back ground is cool.. waiting eagerly for the phone to get released.. :-)

• 2010-05-18 20:50
  • vGWF

> In reply to [deleted post]KID, everyone here are allowed to discuss everything about the N8 here.

Atm i'm just discussing the downsides of the phone and why we can't take N8 as high spec mobile phone.

And if you don't like that i'm coming with points on why the N8 is not a phone meant for the future, then you don't have to comment on it either.

Everyone is free to have it's own opinions about the N8. I'm just pointing out where N8 fails and where N8 fails totally to be a multimedia phone over other phones for example.

I really want to see N8 run a 720p movie converted to mp4 on 6k kbps in quality totally stutter free.

I'm even gonna try to convert some of my Avatar movie that is in Blu-Ray format (MKV and 1080p + 19.5k kbps in quality) to mp4. Then i'm gonna try to convert some of that to mp4 in 1920x1080 resolution with 19.5k kbps to see if the X10 can handle a 1080p movie in mp4 format with 19.5k kbps without stuttering. Just to see if the 1 GHz Snapdragon can handle it. But i doubt it can handle that without stuttering.

It handle the 720p movies extremely well though.

• 2010-05-18 20:37
  • SrdG

> In reply to Tom-Helge @ 2010-05-18 19:10 from SrdG - click to readStronger CPU --- with power hugry OS = not efficient

PRO - light OS (resource consumption) + good GPU = N8 - Good

N8 = AMOLED screen = low power consumption + bl-4D = good performance = EFFICIENCY

get it? or how can it be expressed simpelr. IF U CAN'T get this, STOP posting, or post on other forum, like IPhone where high IQ is not required

• 2010-05-18 20:22
  • LaBt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-18 20:13 from PTSg - click to readagain, I'm asking this for the second time, tell me, just tell me, what is the factor that SATIO has that's over N8??

• 2010-05-18 20:17

SE launched same phone in way back OCT. 2009 named SATIO

• 2010-05-18 20:13
  • PTSg
Total of 48198 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.