If this phone is bad then it is bad . We just do not let people judge it without seeing the retail product
C'mon, it is LED screen with other power saving components inside, save more energy, 1200mAh is simply more than enough.
Anonymous, 17 May 2010new pics
http://www.ifanr.com/wp-... moreWOW.... is all I can say, the camera quility is up to standard like a compact digi cam now it is that good, I thought the nokia n86 was good but this just blows you away :D
Anonymous, 17 May 2010Introduction 1. The author has used the N8 for a few days 2. Prototype prototype prototype... morehow was the sound experience?..i plan to buy dolby surround headset like boss to have fully music experience from n8..
Anonymous, 17 May 2010Introduction 1. The author has used the N8 for a few days 2. Prototype prototype prototype... morenice review of a prototype n8..but i want to ask m0re if its really support threaded sms?..and please describe the transition..please..thanks!
1. The author has used the N8 for a few days
2. Prototype prototype prototype
3. S^3 is a new OS with traces of S^1, not an old S^1 with brushes of improvements, something the author finds a consolation (but he later mentions that having traces of S^1 is nevertheless still a con)
4. S^1 is simply the touch version of S60v3, whereas S^3 provides an optimised touch interface. E.g. in S^1, input heavily depended on the 'Options' softkey. This dependence, which signified a non-touch keypad input system, has been greatly reduced in S^3, where drop-down menus appear wherever your finger is placed
Email on S^3
5. Email client has improved tremendously GUI-, UX- and function-wise (if I didn't mis-translate, I think he mentions there's multiple inbox support, multiple folder support, search support finally!, sorting enabled)
Homescreen on S^3
6. Author prefers the live updates delivered by the widgets system on S^3 compared to iPhone's notifications system, though he mentions the latter is also more intuitive
7. His personal favourite is still the N900's homescreen, which provides for even more customisation options
8. 85% of his everyday tasks can be completed through the homescreen, eliminating the need to enter the main menu, with this respect of the S^3 UI he's very satisfied
Multitasking on S^3
9. Efficiency in both running multiple applications as well as switching from app to app has seen improvements, thanks to more robust hardware and more streamlined coding
10. Live multitasking renders UI more intuitive
11. WebOS' multitasking UI is still more attractive
12. Transitions (e.g. starting apps, screen rotation) are very smooth and dynamic
13. Coverflow is the way to go for touch-input player interfaces
14. Lock screen can display more information
15. Threaded SMS
16. Multitouch pinch-to-zoom (though he weirdly prefers spiral zooming on the N900!)
17. Browser hasn't seen many GUI changes, but definitely more stable compared to S^1
18. Opera 10 offers better navigation, but lacks full Flash support and multitouch
19. It wouldn't disappoint as a digital camera substitute
20. HDMI-out is very practical, author now saves the trouble of buying a HD-capable player and a HDD just to enjoy HD movies on his HDTV, he'd never imagined his first HD movie on the TV actually played from his N8!
21. USB OTG further complements this feature as he can now BT movies in the day to his portable HDD and play the movie via N8 without the need to use the computer at night
22. With push-email enabled, frequent web browsing, reading eBooks, N8's battery lasted 1.5 days
ericdgadgetfreak, 17 May 2010too slow to arrive in the philippine market...i'll go for samsung galaxy s in the meantime!your right eric..i'll go with samsung galaxy s..nice specs sheet..and fast processor..
New os ui is much better. Good loudspeaker. Good design. Many essential app
I em nokia user, and I don't think i em going to bay this nokia and the reasons is:
No stereo speakers,
No much software for it,
Not good looking phone for gentlemen like me,
I don't like capacitive screen, and i don't care about that kind of "multitouch" even if it is dog fut touch!
I don't see either MeGoo is coming out at all, maybe I'll go for n97mini or Samsung HD because the new FW x4 seem to bee a good one as one update.
too slow to arrive in the philippine market...i'll go for samsung galaxy s in the meantime!
This phone is great but I'm gonna wait for meego devices.That's gonna be the real deal.
Anonymous, 16 May 2010What you mean No DIVX? My 5800 has apps to run DIVX/XVID and another app to run WMA/WMV files.... moreIm glad the only thing you picked up on from my post was lack of DivX. Yes, SmartMovie might be available, but it doesn't make up for a lack of official DivX client or DivX playback support.
My other arguments still remain, re, lack of official Last.FM app, lack off Layar application, SportsTracker has only just been re-released.
Symbian is getting behind the times in terms of apps, probably due to the popularity of the cross manufacturer Android, and the dominance of the iPhone (I never said the iPhone was good).
Nokia really need something like that, and I think they'll fall short on the mark with the poor OS which is what iPhone and Android fans cry out for, and it falls short in the screen department.
Hopefully this is just a stop gap measure until Symbian^4.
But lets be honest, S60v3 apps weren't compatible wiht S60v5. Why do we think S60v5 apps will be compatible with Symbian^3? How long do you think we'll have to wait for the app developers to kick their programmers into gear?
Think I'll go with Android until Symbian^4 kicks in.
hani, 16 May 2010n8 has been Announced around 24 april its been less then 1 mon not 2 mon .If its less than 2 months then counts supporting Nokia will be even higer.
We people problem Achea Nokia N8 in Better Not Open.. what happiness ?? plm better what ?
Dag, 16 May 2010Any good options for a good cameraphone, which not is a smartphone? Basicly interessted in a g... moreIn 12 years of mobiles the best fotographs ive taken are from se k750i/w900i and nokias own 95-1 ..using e72 and n79 at moment and both good but n79 has smooth video in LOW light and really good clear fotos...I reckon ive tried over 100 fones in them years and for close ups the samsung d900 was first class..The acclaimed n86 to me had a running grain across screen plus being oled screen renders it useless for outdoor fotos you cannot see anything..Overall if its just fotos u want your still better off with digicam and fone ...other people will have their fones which i have not tried but the above were the fones the made me think thats really good foto..
Anonymous, 16 May 2010Nokia N8
* Announced - 2010, April
* Total Hits - 1164051
* Total Votes – 22617
* Numbe... moreAnd do you know why?, it's because there is way more peoples that buys / likes Nokia than Sony Ericsson.
But even if Nokia sells way more / it's liked more, it doesn't automaticly means they are better than Sony Ericsson.
* Announced - 2010, April
* Total Hits - 1164051
* Total Votes – 22617
* Number of Months since Announcement – 2
* Monthly Hits - 582026
* Monthly Votes - 11309
* Announced - 2009, November
* Total Hits - 3310078
* Total Votes – 24054
* Number of Months since Announcement – 7
* Monthly Hits - 472868
* Monthly Votes – 3436
Tom and Scorpions, number states it all. N8 has received 3 times more votes in less than 2 months of announcement.