Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

33342035

7.7
7.7
7.5

i used nokia N82 for 2yrs xenon flash dont work at last time and without flash i cant take photo graph but video was fine. in my country nepal flash is not availabe easily. last september i bought N86 8MP but not satisfied it is slow in zoom function and when connected with television it rarely works. software version ia 10 and i cant update myself coz afraid to loose it. now i m very interested to N8 but if xenon gone then what to do. does it capture photo without flash? led flash in N86 is not satisfactory.

• 2010-05-08 09:38
  • PAXk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-08 08:44 from m7Ir - click to readScroll way down to gary h then Damian dining and especially sss reply. sss says there is an led light beside the xenon. These comments are all referring to the n8.

• 2010-05-08 09:35
  • q{SA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-08 08:44 from m7Ir - click to readI realise my N97 doesnt have Xenon flash but my flash and led is one and the same, so obviously thats what i figured would be the same as n8.

• 2010-05-08 09:19
  • q{SA

hardware is really great,but my curiosity is for the software apps. Nokia should release tons of apps in Symbian 3 like the the apple is doing and it should be cheaper, less than a dollar i guess :)...that is the key to success in the market. OVI must double its time to produce quality apps not just beta.ahahahaha.

I love the specs of this fone.I'm sure of buying it.

• 2010-05-08 09:11
  • vxmI

Nokia is having a sort of firesale in Malaysia. N97 that cost little RM 2000 (480 EUR) just 3 weeks ago is now being sold at RM 1600. RM 1400 for N97 Mini. Guess they are clearing old stock to make way for N8 and other new devices coming soon.

• 2010-05-08 09:04
  • RNy3

I read over at nokia.com discussion now, theres no video light. Dual LED Flash is needed to get a good videolight at a little distance, Nokia didnt want to add that to the Xenon.

There is a red LED in the Xenon flash, its for autofocus assist only.

• 2010-05-08 08:52
  • m7Ir

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-08 08:22 from q{SA - click to readNo its not like on your N97, since N97 does not have Xenon flash.

Xenon flash can not be lit continuously like a LED can. So we need to find the LED on N8 then... =) OR option B, it does not have LED videolight at all?

• 2010-05-08 08:44
  • m7Ir

> In reply to BIG B @ 2010-05-08 08:01 from uNVC - click to readThe xenon flash is also the led light just like it is with my N97.

So when you video record you get a solid light, when you press for image mode you get a xenon flash.

• 2010-05-08 08:22
  • q{SA

According to Gsmarena it has video led light. But where? I can not find in picture any led flash. Only xenon. Please comment...

• 2010-05-08 08:01
  • uNVC

Agreed that this phone has not yet been released, but cant GSMArena post a preview at least now?

• 2010-05-08 07:26
  • MsNF

after i read on the Specs, this N8 is a monster. so to speak. if your a techie person, u will understand what i'm saying... can't w8 to test this gadget...

• 2010-05-08 07:07
  • vp11
  • Pistachio man loves
  • Rating0

The price range of this baby is mind boggling when you see the specs.......I mean a smartphone with 12mp camera and HD video recording, along with USB on the go and HDMI and lots of new goodies.......its great!!!!!! what really impresses me is that despite that it is not just a cameraphone, much more than that. The connectivity options are awesome!! This maybe Nokia's best thing yet!!!!!

• 2010-05-08 06:58
  • K2Gn

guyzzzz..........its a wonderful fone......i luv it n havin it...

• 2010-05-08 06:58
  • u1vZ

would this be cheaper than the n900?

• 2010-05-08 06:53
  • Re2%

Finally a perfect phone from Nokia. I really love the FM transmitter function+Zenon flash..

• 2010-05-08 06:52
  • w9KD

> In reply to King Kong @ 2010-05-07 23:11 from nKBT - click to readvery well said. but if i have the bucks, i would go for the wave. N8 is a substitute for d wave if the samsung is more expensive.

• 2010-05-08 05:00
  • P@1G

Nokia fans should support iphone

why?

Beacuse apple will be ordered to pay nokia for every iphone sold from the day one in 2007

• 2010-05-08 04:29
  • w7nn

yes we can

• 2010-05-08 04:19
  • 4tpq

> In reply to [deleted post]same here pen,, im currently using n86,, i will be changing my phone when this one comes out

• 2010-05-08 02:11
  • PDP9

Really its amazibg, I have craze on sony erricssion, but this phone really diverted my mind on Nokia.
Any one of would like to provide me when it will launch in India & where I can purchase it at Kolkata???

I have decided to I will stock my full salary for only this phone

• 2010-05-08 01:05
  • t4nb
Total of 47870 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.