Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

35%

7.8
7.8
7.5

i'm Loving this handSet seems Bigger but its very Light impressive,Welldone Nokia Team ;)

see this link for pics and their comments on hardware :)

• 2010-05-11 16:45
  • uWxF

S9000 = samsung i9000 galaxy S

• 2010-05-11 16:43
  • vj1k

why ppl still want symbian.
>simple ui, almost all nokia phone hv the same ui.
so ppl that are not smartphone literate find it user friendly
>cheaper OS, with apps for everyday use.

why ppl dont want symbian.
>buggy. so they are so frustrated.
>nokia hv the most share on mobile phone market.
>most ppl like to complain,whine then to give praise and constructive comment.
>some ppl just dont like the brand 'NOKIA'

• 2010-05-11 16:30
  • PS6j

I SOOOOOOO WANT to buy this phone/. :(( What should I do now??? :((

• 2010-05-11 16:28
  • uNVD

> In reply to wee @ 2010-05-11 15:50 from 07T5 - click to readwee

This phone has almost no top and bottom shell, how come you say that? Also N8 has the smallest volume having 3.5" display. I suspect you are thinking other than N8 (or that's for iphone comment).

• 2010-05-11 16:18
  • vjqw

for nokia, maybe this is their best symbian phone. compare to all nokia phone with symbian i m sure this phone is the best on paper. we hv to wait until we use it to give it good or bad comment. nokia dont hv to compare they smartphone with other brand because they hv a specific target market. nokia symbian user of course will like this phone cause its an upgrade symbian.

ppl using android,iphone or other os may not like symbian but there is also ppl who wants symbian. do u think nokia will still use symbian if no ppl will buy symbian device. its a market strategy by nokia to offer symbian with low price to majority of ppl in the world. thats why they still no 1 in the world. if other brand sell device with symbian with lower price, i am sure nokia will not monopoly the mobile phone market. when major brand concentrating producing high end smart phone, nokia just make mid-end smartphone that can sells millons. lets say high end smartphone can sell 1 millon and nokia sell 3millon unit of mid-range smart phone. who u think will make more money.

• 2010-05-11 16:17
  • PS6j

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-11 14:30 from uWCy - click to readin what currency?

• 2010-05-11 16:15
  • vx4x

> In reply to okp @ 2010-05-11 15:48 from 2FYi - click to readI'm agree with u that there are super lol just haters and lovers

• 2010-05-11 16:06
  • kBsv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-11 15:44 from 4BdD - click to readtypo...N8, sorry

• 2010-05-11 15:56
  • LaBt

the screen surface looks exactly like the iPhone...I DO NOT like the thick shell on the top and bottom end! It makes the phone looks bulky and heavy.

• 2010-05-11 15:50
  • 07T5

i really enjoy reading posts when nokia are about to realese a new major fone..i get such a laugh when i read comments like.....biggest and best camera...great new interface...fast cpu...iphone killer samsung destoyer ..ect..ect..ect....In reality NOT a single one of you have even seen one.or touched one...you people are biasing you arguments on this being better than any fone out there at the moment by what is on paper only...you all sound like such fools...an iphone is way better than the n8. The satio is better than the n8..my samsung is better!!! Why..Becauce they are a reality..the n8 is only a comptuer image..its specs are on paper only.......the iphone 5g will blow every thing away when it comes out...i know this will be true because it will say so in user comments..6 months before anyone sees it...LO SUPER L

• 2010-05-11 15:48
  • 2FYi

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-11 14:33 from LaBt - click to readWhat's an N9?

• 2010-05-11 15:44
  • 4BdD

128 RAM. Sorry, typo. XD

• 2010-05-11 15:36
  • wHSJ

For those of you who have always been complaining about Symbian using the same old interface. What about iPhone? They have release 3 iPhone models and call me blind or anything but why are all the icons and UI the same to me? I think iPhone 4G won't be any better off. So it is about the ease of usage that is important. What for do we need to have an upgrade in UI if the current settings are easily understood and user friendly?

I also seen a lot of people complaining about the processor. For heaven's sake, I have been using my N82 for more than 1 year and it is still as smooth as ever. Mind you, it is running on only 331Mhz and I don't see that slowing my phone down until it can't be used. Plus I don't think N82 RAM exceeds 218 =="

Like what many have said, S^3 is still in its development stage. Let's reserve our comments for the actual product. I am also eager to watch the review and to be honest, I am also a bit doubtful of this so called S^3. So I also have my finger crossed and hoping that S^3 will be as good as Nokia claimed.

There will be only one reason for me to get the N8, namely its superb camera with a sensor size of 1/1.9. Will definitely be getting it. The same reason why I got my N82 =D

• 2010-05-11 15:34
  • wHSJ

Xenon...Glorious Xenon....12Mp...BE MINE !!!
To Iphone fans up there...THIS IS IT!!!

• 2010-05-11 15:23
  • uCp9

> In reply to [deleted post]That's ok senor, we understand you. I support Argentina too in World Cup! About the price (money), it would be about 500 US dollars.

Grazie

• 2010-05-11 15:22
  • w7ha

i hope the 12mpx camera realy shows different

• 2010-05-11 15:07
  • 0kG2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-11 07:22 from t7vI - click to readWhat the....????
boy, what your problem?? Who needs the "slide to unlock" feature?? It's only a matter of how to unlock your phone for god sake!!

even in my nokia 5800, I could install a nice apps to emulate the "slide to unlock"....

for all, you iPhone fanboy, I'm tired of hearing you comparing your iPhone with this N8, so lets bring it.

I admit that if we talk about apps, iPhone is still way better than nokia, but if you compare the other things, ANY other things, between Iphone and this N8, then let me ask you again, who is the winner??? who???

besides, Symbian has taken a step, they're now an open source OS, and this N8 with symbian^3 is also open source, so I expect a lot of new and good apps from now on, just have to be a little patient..

• 2010-05-11 15:07
  • wrk1

When it will be released in India(South)....
How about this model? any problems like hanging...
Please give me the info....

• 2010-05-11 14:56
  • PG5r

In the past few months nokia had just lost their magic like they used to have when n series came out.............people started hating new nokia phones........but i think they have just jumped back..........the specs are very good and this is infact their first step towards the kind of repute of the phone giant they used to have..........nice phone nokia......

• 2010-05-11 14:55
  • 04%@
Total of 48239 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.