Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

Hmm...it seems there have been many complaints surrounding S60v5. Well, honestly speaking, I don't have a clue on all these complaints since I am still stuck with my faithful s60v3. However, don't confuse S^1 with S^3. We are still clueless on how well can S^3 perform. So until then, reserve your energy and wait for the final product to be release, probably somewhere around July.

• 2010-05-09 04:05
  • wHSx

Best ever phone this year hope to buy it soon. Nokia release it faster i want to hold it right now oh my love n8.

• 2010-05-09 01:23
  • kBsv

Read and study enough hardware and firmware issue from Nokia Products. I am Nokia supporters since many years ago, but I lost my faith in this brand name. Especially all these touch screen phone release by Nokia 5800,n97,n97mini..x6 etc.. did anyone here have start up failure,hang on start up screen b4? Keylock not working sometime?...lost all your contents cause of their firmware bug? So, what can Nokia promise on this N8? I don't want to be a BETA tester for their products anymore... I need a stable phone.

• 2010-05-09 00:51
  • PS6u

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-09 00:25 from FJTf - click to readI agree with you about the ram to a certain point,cause my N97 works fairly well at 128 ram and this is double at 256.

• 2010-05-09 00:46
  • q{SA

12 mp is great, but not necessary. 5-8mp should be sufficient. I think Nokia should increase the RAM to 512MB or at least 384MB. And processor should be 1 Ghz or at least 800 Mhz. Nokia should try to improve on the RAM and processor rather than just the camera.

• 2010-05-09 00:25
  • FJTf

> In reply to [deleted post]yes, i play UT3 with my "plastic" phone on BADA and you enjoy in aluminum with solitaire on N8 !

• 2010-05-09 00:25
  • srp9

my last 4 phones have been nokias. 5800. 5730. E63(good fone e63).and 1 other ..apart from the e63 ,they have all been below average in terms of performance and bad build quality...i now have hd omnia and it is far better than any nokia i have ever used..its o/s may be symbian 60s v 5 ,but samsung do touch better than nokia ever will......having the 5800 for 2 months (i ended up giving it away for 0) has turned me off nokia touch screens..the n8 will probably continue this tradition..the e63 was good because it was made in korea not china..this is were nokias problems for their highend fones started..'MADE IN CHINA' .i dont care what comments come back from this because it is true...china is cheap labour.cheap products.and poor workmanship...omnia made in korea..e63 made in korea(both good)..5800..5730..ect.ect.ect all MADE IN CHINA ......sorry to the chinese readers

• 2010-05-09 00:03
  • 2FYi

Another of a plastic boomarang, slow processor and still 5cm width smaller than Iphone, why can they make equally width gives its balance then too thinn. Must bet first batch will be hell to use, nokia policy to get testing from clients.

• 2010-05-08 23:38
  • uW5m

does anyone know where to find out the exact release date

• 2010-05-08 23:34
  • 3JhC

Release Date coming in May?

I hope so :)

• 2010-05-08 23:27
  • 4$sq

Guys, the N8 is the upgrade to N86, thus the N8 usage. The upgrade to N97 will be N9. Remember that the N9x series were "high-end", while the N8x series were photogenic "high-end". The N9 will probably the flagship people have been waiting for.

• 2010-05-08 23:21
  • sHRX

Great phone, Symbian ^3 looks promising! People, can you even read?!?! What's plastic? Anodised aluminium? Far too many imbeciles write comments here (some can't even write in proper English). Furthermore - has any of you TOUCHED the device? NO?? Drooling poor people, go slander somewhere else, please!

• 2010-05-08 22:33
  • n2ZA

> In reply to hriju @ 2010-05-08 19:38 from Pxxd - click to readCorrection: its not "680MHz processor", its "680MHz ARM 11 processor". Its seriously much weaker than the 600MHz Arm Cortex A8 of N900.

Not impressive. I hope we soon see a serious Nokia capacitive AMOLED model, and by serious i mean Maemo/Meego. Symbian smartfones belong to the past for me, a month with N900 has shown me my way into the mobile future, mobile computers is the thing, not smartfones with "camera on steriods" and other flashy specs.

• 2010-05-08 20:56
  • m7Ir

> In reply to Niraj @ 2010-05-08 18:16 from KFM7 - click to readBro, actually i gotta a XML file (no doubt, a hacked one) through email from my friend whos a software engineer in Vancuwar, canada.

• 2010-05-08 20:45
  • 98yy

please launch the phone quickly to other country.

• 2010-05-08 20:40
  • vbfU

Oops! what's wrong with Nokia they still don't have a 1Gh processor and no micro USB port. Ofcourse, the camera is brilliant.

• 2010-05-08 20:40
  • pJeD

> In reply to Chris_Skylock @ 2010-05-08 20:03 from t7Xi - click to readthey will be 32 gb from n8 too .

• 2010-05-08 20:08
  • mcYr

I knew something is wrong when people called this the 2010 Flagship of Nokia when I clearly saw a 16GB storage. Why on earth Nokia downgraded to a 16GB when they're current Flagship is a 32GB?

Just found out that this is just an upgrade to the Nokia N86 8MP which is an 8GB phone. Im glad this is not the Flagship.

I'll wait for the next Flagship. This is still a great phone as it uses the wide lens.

Good job Nokia. Now bring this to Canada so I will be happy

• 2010-05-08 20:03
  • t7Xi

wow!

• 2010-05-08 19:42
  • iKCm

wow....its really awesome....i m dreaming of having one......its multi touch with 256 ram,680mhz processor,12mp camera with smile and face dtection.....amazing.....nokia rocks...

• 2010-05-08 19:38
  • Pxxd
Total of 47958 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.