Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

53%

7.8
7.8
7.6

when its coming to India...

• 2010-05-10 20:37
  • 2@t%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-10 19:58 from ibb5 - click to readhi friends yell the rate

• 2010-05-10 20:21
  • t}gx

I got fed up with the world focusing on the iPhone and I decided to get the new one but I will delay the purchase because of the Nokia N8. Looking at the spec sheet, this phone is impressive and from this point of view, it kills the iPhone. So now, I am giving a +1 to the N8 and a 0 to the iPhone. I looked around and found 2 early, N8 reviews and people are very dissapointed with the device. You can find one here :

Exactly what I feared, the interface sucks compared to the iPhone. So in my list, iPhone gets +2 and the N8 gets 0. From the rumours I see on the web, appart from the extra muscle, the N8 is like the N97, all show and noise but slow, bloated and far from being polished. Some will jump at me and say I should go back to the apple forums. I can't stand Apple products, I owned Nokia all my life, but Nokia seems to not wake up from this dream of theirs. People want touch screens like the iPhone and Nokia needs to deliver them. What is the point of having a laptop under the N8 hood if you can't use it as easily as an iPhone? I know, these are proto models and the final version will differ. I ask you, if the OS, Symbian^3 is not as good as the iPhone OS, will 2 months of tweaking solve this? Hell no, they will toy with the aspect of the interface and try to hide the huge faults. Symbian is not a touch screen os. I love it on my E90 communicator, E70, E72,N97 and E71. Bring touch into play and you send Symbian back to the stone age.

What is wrong with you Nokia? I delayed joining the iPhone bandwagon for 2 years because I believed in you. I said, your white coats are working on a proper phone and I can finally shove it down the "superior and cocky" iPhone people. I guess, I was wrong ... Nokia thinks they are in the 90s where mobile phones need not be sexy from a GUI point of view.

I will wait for the GSM Arena verdict before I go out and shell 600 euros on something. Who knows, maybe Nokia will do a miracle and the reviews will turn into something positive.

Regards,

Jiggy :)

• 2010-05-10 20:04
  • mT7t

Samsung M8910 Pixon12 IS much more better,what this Nokia N8 model!!!.

• 2010-05-10 19:59

*support multitouch
*support 3 home screen

• 2010-05-10 19:58
  • ibb5

Just reading that the battery can't be removed. Is this true?

• 2010-05-10 19:43
  • fqGP

I like this phone

• 2010-05-10 19:38
  • uttq

the n8 is the best phone i have ever seen, it will be great if it has a metal case like psp in option it will be the greatest mobile ever

• 2010-05-10 18:41
  • uK40

This is the best cellphone to date ive ever seen, even better than HTC EVO (sprint's 4g phone)....supports flash contents, meaning u will see on this phone websites the way u see it on ur computer....REAL IPHONE KILLER>>>>the price is cheap but quality so high, from the software to hardware.....iphone, be ready for a graet battle...

• 2010-05-10 18:36
  • t7x{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-10 16:49 from p2XE - click to readih...another expert... "thank God" there are so many of your kind around here ...

• 2010-05-10 18:34
  • LaDR

> In reply to Niraj @ 2010-05-10 17:53 from KFNn - click to read370 is not MRP. there is a big difference. 370 is BEFORE taxes. NOBODY can avoid taxes on electronics (like VAT , etc)

will be around 490Euro (hopefully 450 .....)

• 2010-05-10 18:33
  • LaDR

Friends, 370 euro will be its MRP before taxes right... Its mean we can easily get this phone at 370 euro after discount..?

• 2010-05-10 17:53
  • KFNn

This device is bigger in the most beautiful in the class of N Series because it contains the highest resolution camera 12 megapixels, enough memory to store what we want it in my opinion better than the Nokia N-97 because the n 97 to have the problem of slow and other problems of size and weight as well but this device in my opinion is the best I advise everyone to buy it

• 2010-05-10 17:53
  • pWH2

> In reply to pooke @ 2010-05-10 17:43 from wYxc - click to readMeanwhile you can use Nokia Extra Power Dc11, a portable device which you can use to recharge your mobile while travel..

• 2010-05-10 17:50
  • KFNn

• 2010-05-10 17:47
  • pWH2

the camera ws great but the problem is.. digi cam has great battery for taking photos, but as far as i know, it easy to discharge battery when using camera on phone.. so in short its not for long lasting and collecting many photos.. easy low battery

• 2010-05-10 17:43
  • wYxc

> In reply to cheebc @ 2010-05-10 17:03 from ibmq - click to readThe battery is lipo which is stronger then li on and the camera lens is supposedly scratch resistent.

• 2010-05-10 17:28
  • kJXa

this is a good phone with reaspnable price, the only thing I dont like is the battery and the camera without cover.

• 2010-05-10 17:03
  • ibmq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-10 14:50 from t@5P - click to readSatio sensor size = 1:2.5 while N8 = 1:1.83, so N8 has bigger sensor, bigger sensor means less noise while taking photo.

• 2010-05-10 17:00
  • ibmq

instead of 256MB RAM & 680MHz CPU level, this beauty has to have 512MB RAM & 1GHz CPU to execute the programs in reasonable time frames.

With this hardware specs. this machine'll be slow!

• 2010-05-10 16:49
  • p2XE
Total of 48253 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.