Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.7
7.5

> In reply to Sudheer @ 2010-05-09 04:53 from PFAF - click to readGood post man, but i dont really agree that noone want to make a prefect phone for a group. In my opinion Nokia made the perfect with N900, atleast for MY usage. I love it and its my best-friend! The next one will be better, im sure, but not because they were holding back on stuff when they made N900, but because evolution never stops.

I think you forgot one important factoer: The time and resources it takes to make a high end device, its pretty much doomed to be a bit outdated in some aspects before its released, if they would change anything major while still in the development phase then they would NEVER relaese it.

And if they were to launch a flawless unit with perfect software, tehn it would never be released. Im a computer programmer in server applications, my experience is taht there is no such thing as a 100% finished product. If it takes 1 year to get to 98% then it will take 2 years to get to 99%, and 5-10 years to get to 99.9%. Noone would want that app after 5 years, and can never make it perfect in any case, it has to be released some time.

And that brings me to Maemo and Meego, developer resources! Open source software has more programmers available, and its so modular that most of them dont have to worry about the big picture, a Linux module will plug into whats already there.

• 2010-05-09 09:05
  • m7Ir

> In reply to KLPD @ 2010-05-09 08:14 from 98xq - click to readagree with u. may be i am geting a cheap 5800 around 190pounds or C6. which phone u recommend??
what i want is : symbian os, price around 200pounds to 300pounds, prefer with qwerty,

do u guys think S60v5 is stable for everyday use. do garmin xt run smooth??

• 2010-05-09 08:31
  • PS6t

what i think nokia should do to make N8 MY ultimate smartphone :
-12mp CZ lens + 8mp CZ lens or less
-256 RAM + 384 RAM or 512RAM,
-680mhz +800 mhz,
+QWERTY with D-pad for gaming
+red n black colour combi so that it will match my G-shock.

• 2010-05-09 08:25
  • PS6t

> In reply to Sudheer @ 2010-05-09 04:53 from PFAF - click to readI use and sell mobiles every month. High end mobiles die with a very low end problem. I used & sold Samsung Jet, E66, N86, LG Viewty, etc. Last phone i sold was E72. Despite being best E series phone it was unable to give me basic function, thats calling. Microphone malfunction, my voice goes other side very fuzzy & noisy. Thats why i love my Nokia 1208 so much, atleast i can msg, call & conference. For past 3 years 1208 is my backup phone, but i think its primary. For the rest of the work my laptop & my sony digicam is there. I wish people can understand that its totally suicidal to think that some mobile company could make a complete phone one day. HAND

• 2010-05-09 08:14
  • 98xq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-09 07:49 from qNsi - click to readThis phone is not just about 12 mp camera, its also have the largest camera sensor in any mobile... Its picture quality is awesome...

• 2010-05-09 07:59
  • KFNL

12mp only increases the size of the photo & who needs a poster-sized photo?

• 2010-05-09 07:49
  • qNsi

even if some ppl say symbian going to die in a few years time i think i still can make a call,listen to music,surf the net. etc. smart phone tech improve very fast but telco tech are not going to improve fast cause they want to suuck ppls money before they upgrade.

• 2010-05-09 07:41
  • PS64

> In reply to Sudheer @ 2010-05-09 04:53 from PFAF - click to readi agree with u. no company going to make an ultimate smartphone. there will be pros and cons for each smartphone so that ppl will always upgrade their smartphone. buy any smartphone and live with it until it dies then buy a new one. i thing iam going to get 5800xm or C6 or N8 and hope that the device can live up to 3 to 5years LOL

• 2010-05-09 07:34
  • PS64

• 2010-05-09 07:06
  • PxiX

> In reply to Sudheer @ 2010-05-09 04:53 from PFAF - click to readAgreed,well said,if a complete phone is made, we won't buy phones anymore, also it's hard to make one due to advancing technology. Anyway,well said!!!! : ))

• 2010-05-09 06:55
  • teu3

Do you think nokia should come up to say symbian does not need omap3 or any cpu faster than n8 processor?

How would nokia convince people that the cpu in n8 is the best choice, or they want to keep the price low

but the way, how much does a super cpu cost and 386 ram costs?

• 2010-05-09 06:55
  • IWNn

its MADE IN CHINA??? Assemble in China????

• 2010-05-09 06:52
  • nTpS

> In reply to Sudheer @ 2010-05-09 04:53 from PFAF - click to readwhatever... your post was too long...

• 2010-05-09 05:38
  • tWiE

which is good either Nokia N8 or SE Satio(Idou)

• 2010-05-09 05:02
  • ibhf

> In reply to okp @ 2010-05-09 00:03 from 2FYi - click to readlol. maybe u're right. but i had a 5800 from v20 and have seen it improve considerably with every firmware update. it has always been stable so maybe u did get a bad unit. it happened with me and my N82 but firmware updates helped

• 2010-05-09 04:56
  • RcZS

Hi fanboys..

This post is meant for all those fanboys (of all brands) who keep shouting at one another all the time and to those who keeps upgrading their mobiles whenever a new damn handset is released by these money sucking mobile companies...

Everybody has his own opinion on the mobile sets and their companies..its natural..but just don't try to make others accept what you are thinking/assuming is correct..and that the other one is always wrong.

I accept that each mobile manufactured is supposed to cater the needs of a specific group of people (business men, kids, teens, girls, housewifes..and ofcourse geeks). But whats a bigger truth is that the mobile companies doesn't want to make a 'complete mobile' for any of the user categories. We all know why.. They just want us to keep changing our phones whenever a new one is released with an "innovative feature" (whether u actually use it or no), yet compromising on some important basic feature..so that u won't get satisfied with the new one as well.

I have used several mobiles myself and regretting now for feeding these companies unnecessarily all these years. Every time I get a new mobile..I would be shocked to discover something is missing from that; which even far more cheaper mobiles (even the China sets with no IMEI nbr) has.

My costliest failure was Nokia N85. Most of the things are fine in that. But the loud speaker totally sucks..it's really awful. And with every mobile I used I faced some or the other issue (N73, Nokia XM 5800, SE W810i, Nokia XM, 5130, Samsung STAR, Samsung S3310 current one).

Nokia releases high-end sets with beta hardware & software..
Samsung with untested software..and limiting the users or not allowing them to do anything on customization front..

It is their (mobile companies) intention (or strategy) that keep them ruling out some basic stuff on every high-end set.. Pls understand it is not due to their inability to incorporate that within the price limit...

Pls beware of them..

• 2010-05-09 04:53
  • PFAF

Hmm...it seems there have been many complaints surrounding S60v5. Well, honestly speaking, I don't have a clue on all these complaints since I am still stuck with my faithful s60v3. However, don't confuse S^1 with S^3. We are still clueless on how well can S^3 perform. So until then, reserve your energy and wait for the final product to be release, probably somewhere around July.

• 2010-05-09 04:05
  • wHSx

Best ever phone this year hope to buy it soon. Nokia release it faster i want to hold it right now oh my love n8.

• 2010-05-09 01:23
  • kBsv

Read and study enough hardware and firmware issue from Nokia Products. I am Nokia supporters since many years ago, but I lost my faith in this brand name. Especially all these touch screen phone release by Nokia 5800,n97,n97mini..x6 etc.. did anyone here have start up failure,hang on start up screen b4? Keylock not working sometime?...lost all your contents cause of their firmware bug? So, what can Nokia promise on this N8? I don't want to be a BETA tester for their products anymore... I need a stable phone.

• 2010-05-09 00:51
  • PS6u

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-09 00:25 from FJTf - click to readI agree with you about the ram to a certain point,cause my N97 works fairly well at 128 ram and this is double at 256.

• 2010-05-09 00:46
  • q{SA
Total of 48114 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.