Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

> In reply to KID @ 2010-05-06 06:55 from wrk9 - click to readactually you can't really compared iphoneOS with nokia S60. iphoneOS, even in the last version only comparable to S40 because it only had the limited multitasking. S60 on the other hand is modern OS and have full support of multitasking just the way modern computer OS does.

With the trick of limited multitasking, iphone could looks sleek on the processor their using. if iphone really give multitasking on their OS, their sleekness will not match symbian@600MHz even though their using 1.2GHz CPU.

what i'm saying is like this. imagine iphone and nokia were a car. nokia car use the 1000cc engine, where iphone use the 1800cc engine. but iphone car, although it's a barebone (no multitasking) looking great at the outside. whereas, nokia optimize the inside (multitasking), but haven't done a great job at the outside. with this, nokia and apple have each own advantage and disadvantage. but if apple put multitasking at their car, they can't even beat nokia 1000cc with 4000cc engine. and the 4000cc engine is really power hungry (battery life is poor). therefore these like comparing apple to the blackberry or maybe apple to the orange.

it's having each own greatness. but i like nokia more. apple beauty is only skin deep. we're at asia, were looking more at functionality rather than unnecessary beauty.

• 2010-05-06 07:15
  • uEB1

> In reply to SE 2010 @ 2010-05-06 04:46 from kJqe - click to readwell, in terms of spec, yes, Iphone got served by this baby, if only I want to compare this phone with Iphone, I'm just afraid this N8 OS is going to inherit the bad of the last known symbian...

I'm not an apple fanboy, I just look at things as they are, in terms of apps innovation, nokia is still way way behind Iphone, and also the last symbian OS, let's just say it's not the most stable OS today, my 5800 crash occasionally, how's that compared to other OS?

what I hope from this phone, is that nokia really realize what have they done wrong in the last few years, and from this point on, please make a good OS, and of course, with this N8 using and open source symbian^3, I really hope that there's going to be a lot and lot of great apps developed from this point on...

I really hope nokia wont made the same mistake as before, cause I'm planning to buy this baby once it hits my local market

• 2010-05-06 06:55
  • wrk9

i wish this fon will b availble the soonest, it's every tech that I need in a mobile device except for flashy UI but netherless symbian is the most customizable/themable OS EVER, sum sites can make themes out of my pics and set of icons, and I don't it support other OS.

• 2010-05-06 06:16
  • tWiE

superb one from nokia, i hope it hits th market soon...!!!!

• 2010-05-06 05:29
  • utb1

I never have a nokia phone before, but this phone is really good, if it release now, stupid NOKIA. Look at SE, delay, delay, delay. for what? New OS? Release, the phone before people jump into new iphone, Samsung Super AMOLED, HTC "Snap Dragon". Can anyone tell me how may phone they use?

• 2010-05-06 05:25
  • qN4M

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-06 05:15 from uSNS - click to readBut it's super cool that the X10 will be getting HD recording right!! I mean the screen is already brilliant just imagine how nice it would be to capture HD on it :)

• 2010-05-06 05:20
  • kJqe

> In reply to SE 2010 @ 2010-05-06 05:10 from kJqe - click to readYeah yeah.. the cam does look good though. :O

• 2010-05-06 05:15
  • uSNS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-06 05:04 from uSNS - click to readDude let me tell you this and I'm sure you will be impressed. This thing doesn't have a cover for the lens but it has something better which is the glass that covers the lens is scratch resistant! Yes Nokia made a special type of glass that will make the cellphone lighter in weight and also easier for capturing photos.

I told you bro it has awesome features ;). I mean even if it has symbian but it's still an amazing phone bro with tons of features, please let's try to be fair :).

Do you remember that even though I hated the iphone I admitted that it's very fast and smooth? Because I wanted to be fair so I hope you also try to be fair man ;)

• 2010-05-06 05:10
  • kJqe

> In reply to [deleted post]Ok. So maybe I do think the phone is cool when it comes to features and all but damn Symbian completely ruined it. Plus the apps of Symbian are lame. And don't get me started on the design of this thing. Why the hell doesn't it have a camera cover. So yeah if this thing had symbian, then yeah sure this would be awesome.

• 2010-05-06 05:04
  • uSNS

MY NEXT PHONE TO REPLACE MY LG RENOIR,
will buy it maybe december 2010 after the price little bit drop

• 2010-05-06 05:01
  • sEJ$

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-06 04:57 from q{SA - click to readI'm a huge SE fan and let me tell you that the features on the new Nokia N8 are unmatched and totally blows my mind!!!

I mean 12mp + xenon flash + HD recording + HDMI port + 5 3G bands + 50 hours of music + Multi touch + Amoled screen.

Come on is this heaven or what hehe, the features are damn strong like he*!

• 2010-05-06 05:00
  • kJqe

The posts on this forum are really moving day and night, 90% or more are positive.

• 2010-05-06 04:57
  • q{SA

please help me please. Im using nokia 6760. I had an unlimited data plan. When im going to some internet sites i cant watch flash videos. Please help me where can i download a freeware application so that i will be able to watch flash videos. I love my 6760 cuz im just an average joe.

Thank for your kindness. :)

• 2010-05-06 04:57
  • 4BuD

There is no damn way you could compare the iphone to this beast not now not later not never! This Monster will crush the iphone into pieces and I mean it.

The iphone doesn't stand a single chance in front of it. I even don't want to begin to compare between then because this will really offend the iphone.

I don't think anyone with a brain can say that the iphone is better unless he is an apple fantoy of course :D

I am a big SE fan, but this baby rocks!!!

• 2010-05-06 04:46
  • kJqe

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-06 03:54 from uSNS - click to readWhere is iphone 4g dolby surround sound and where is iphone 4g xenon flash.Guess these things got left out as well.Go back to your iphone and android forums little boy.

• 2010-05-06 04:40
  • q{SA

Nokia has woke up and will never go backward again

• 2010-05-06 04:34
  • u73x

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-06 03:54 from uSNS - click to readif you think 360x640 is outdated then what is iphone 3gs screen res, prehistoric caveman days????

• 2010-05-06 04:33
  • q{SA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-06 03:54 from uSNS - click to readIphone 4g 3g speed is 7.2 not 10.2 like n8 and iphone 4g video recording is no where near n8 720p @ 25 fps.

Huh they still didnt put an FM transmitter in iphone 4g.

• 2010-05-06 04:30
  • q{SA

> In reply to Davidov @ 2010-05-06 02:46 from iE2L - click to readIf it's in the current Symbian touch phones i don't see why it wont be in this

• 2010-05-06 04:26
  • LBHZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-06 03:54 from uSNS - click to readYou cannot be serious....Symbian is the most used OS in the mobile phone world, and there is an app store as well. Symbian is highly efficient so there's no need for a battery sucking 1 GHZ processor...and the phone also has a dedicated 3D accelerator. You will likely die before Symbian does.

• 2010-05-06 04:24
  • LBHZ
Total of 47819 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.