Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

To all :

A tribute to the Nokia N8 :

• 2014-07-13 21:16
  • 6vtt

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-07-13 18:06 from t1$A - click to readCongratulations, that's how I got mine in March last year and it's still fine except the battery capacity is a bit lower now. I know about the camera, and once you learn a few tricks (try macro, like insects or flowers, using flash and zoom - for example) you will be able to do even more impressive stuff. As for your questions...
- There's Lancet Brightness, an app that allows you to set the brightness to any level you want, or to automatic.
- Lancet QuickCam allows you to launch the camera by pressing the camera button when the display is locked. By double clicking the camera button you can open another camera app (CameraPro, SCam or similar). There's also QuickApp where you can do the same with any app (or camera) and the "menu" button.
- The default video player is still the best. That's just how the things are.
- C drive is system drive, you can install apps or themes on any drive you want, even on the memory card. The only difference is that, when you plug your N8 into PC in "mass storage" mode, only apps that are on C drive keep working until you unplug your phone. So if there's an app that you want to be always active, install it on C.
Enjoy your phone! :-)

• 2014-07-13 19:10
  • 60PY

Just got a second hand Nokia N8 after searching the classifieds. So far, loving the experience, especially the camera. It's like wow. I have never seen such awesome pure quality pictures that this phone produces on any other phone I have used. Installed CameraPro and the maximum size of a picture I have seen using it was 11 MB. Pretty impressive. Just pointed the camera towards a running ceiling fan at full speed, and I got a still fan. Just awesome. The Xenon flash crushes those phone with LED flash. No heating issue or anything else. Just an awesome phone! The cold feeling of the aluminum is nice to hands. The black levels are very deep, thanks to the awesome AMOLED display. Sound quality is great using bass booster and loudness on. Also, I can install themes, screensavers and have a different wallpaper for each homescreen. Customization is far better than Android. UI is smooth and slick once the phone boots up and the initialization process is finished. Never had any force close issue during my usage to this day. The size of this phone isn't too big or too small. Though there are some issues I'm facing but they aren't major, like the brightness going up when the phone is being used under sunlight. I want the brightness to remain constant all the time. Is there any application which would turn off the ambient light sensor without hacking the phone?
The preloaded video player doesn't offer many functionality. What is the best alternative video player so I can get it on my N8? By the way, What is the 'C drive' in Files for? Can I install applications on any drive I want? How to activate the camera when the phone is locked? My phone is running Nokia Belle Refresh. That's all. =) This is actually my first Symbian phone. (-:

• 2014-07-13 18:06
  • t1$A

> In reply to ANANTHU @ 2014-07-11 18:45 from 2SDm - click to readYes, n8 support what 's app and skype call. It is nice phone .updated is not available.

• 2014-07-13 04:53
  • 9Fyv

guy"s did n8 support whats app???????????????

• 2014-07-11 18:45
  • 2SDm

Is there any equilizer edit mod that works without flashing the phone..? From where I can download it..? Plz help...thanks.

• 2014-07-11 00:43
  • uQ{2

> In reply to Shivam @ 2014-07-09 21:14 from KAes - click to readOh your English is quite OK. That's quite a collection of phones that you had. Congrats on your purchase, N95 is a fine phone, I had a chance to try it for a few minutes. I used to have an E51 (I still have it, it's very tough) so I can help you a bit:
1. Yes. I used the method here: http://digipassion.com/2011/09...karound.html
2. You'll have to do a web search. ;-) But try forums like Mobilescommunity, IPMart, DotSIS or Mobilephonetalk.

• 2014-07-10 19:20
  • akvi

Hello every one. Could any one tell me wether n8 is having a good internet system and does it support 3g. What is its price in pak. Plz must reply

• 2014-07-10 07:02
  • uZaT

Used so many Android phones, from Galaxy Y to Galaxy S5, Nexus 5, LG G2, Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro. Fed up because all the phones had worst battery life. I heard Symbian is resource efficient OS so that made me recently purchased a Nokia N95 (160 MB internal memory) for $200 in new condition. So far, battery backup has been awesome.I can't get help in the official page so I'm here since N8 is considered the big brother of Nokia N95.
1. Does my Nokia N95 needs to be hacked to install unsigned Symbian games?
2. Where can I download paid apps and games for N95 for free?
Please help me. Sorry for my bad english. (-: (-:

• 2014-07-09 21:14
  • KAes

Guys, can any1 tell me how can we receive push notifications of emails & gmails. The issue is when i am opening the mail app, it says cannot connect to the server, try again later. I am trying this since a week But still the same issue. Plz help me friends for this.

• 2014-07-09 14:54
  • fCxh

> In reply to Winsone @ 2014-07-05 02:44 from uZaU - click to readYou have to go to: Setting-Phone-Phone management-Factory setting-Restore all.
The process will take several minutes, so you have to wait untill device restarts automatically.

• 2014-07-07 12:11
  • U@HM

I still use nokia n8 because of camera and calling. I did not use internet with this device but i use tablet instead.
Nokia N8 has a very good camera even another smart phones have 13 mega pixels camera but still cannot compete with it.
It pictures quality is awesome.
This camera phone has a good size so it is easy to take it with for holiday.
Sometime i have problem with battery when i do pots of photos but now i can solve this problem by using power bank.
In the camera's setting i can use Sport in case i do a picture
on the bus (while in move), and sometime in the shop or in restaurant ( low light) i do a photo without using flash (xenon flash). .setting to Automatic Mode.
Finally it is a very good camera phone ( for my opinion), i will be very pleased if Nokia continue to update Nokia N8, Nokia E90 ect. . .

• 2014-07-06 16:45
  • XMPx

> In reply to kamal @ 2014-07-01 09:09 from 6}U@ - click to readyou get batrre blc 4.nokia .verry simple.

• 2014-07-06 15:36
  • 61Gt

> In reply to axlength="20&qu @ 2014-07-06 09:24 from t7Xh - click to readExertion of Microsoft force could level up much more high leverage of symbian anna n8 version to a maxculine specified type...especially design with strength and aggressiveness.with advance features mobile Innovation...

• 2014-07-06 09:47
  • t7Xh

Just to add&give enlightenment for those individuals who are still using symbian anna n8 smartphone, dispite of there are so many newly Innovation and advance tech, with different O.S and features&formats.. like Andriod&ios..still we are proud to have smartphone who render a good service that suited for our 24/7 with durability,accessibility,smart mobile features, its really so convenient for me ...a G- screen glass even wearing a tight pocket blue jean with Carl Zeiss with tessar 2.8/28 12 MP AF always on the "GO" any time anywhere....

• 2014-07-06 09:24
  • t7Xh

> In reply to Sialvi @ 2014-07-05 02:40 from uZaU - click to readHello Sialvi, you need to hack your phone with Nortan for solving the issues which you are facing just now. Hacking your phone will not have any adverse effect on your phone or Its performance, it will free up your phone to use it to maximum capacity. Then you wont face any issues of components built-in & certificate expired errors.

• 2014-07-05 10:06
  • fCx7

How can i formate, hard reset my nokia N8?

• 2014-07-05 02:44
  • uZaU

Hello, Im facing a problem, im unable to install a pdf reader, when i install app it shows content is built-in but I've removed that reder because that was not working properly, now its gonna rubbish if there is no pdf reader, some versions shows the msg of expired certificate. What should i do?

• 2014-07-05 02:40
  • uZaU

> In reply to ram @ 2014-06-28 04:25 from fCx{ - click to readWhen u talk about its other features, it is a sick one, absolutely rubbish cell,

• 2014-07-05 02:34
  • uZaU
Total of 47818 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.