Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

> In reply to faizan @ 2014-08-08 11:29 from uRBZ - click to readBrother, N8's camera is still unbeatable & untouched in image & video quality, even by recent top androids are behind it. I compared the pics of N8 with the pics of Samsung galaxy S4, Sony xperia Z1, HTC One, & to every1's surprise, N8's pics were way ahead in detail, clear & sharpness & colour reproduction compared to other competitors. I felt so proud at that moment. So, trust blindly in camera as its the product of king in camera phones manufacturer, Nokia. But, if u are planning to buy N8 just now, i would not recommend you to go for it, as its a 4 years old phone & Nokia has stopped giving software support to this operating system, symbian. Many latest apps like instagram, line, bbm, viber- calling & skype-video calling are not compatible & will never come. Skype is present with messaging & calling features, but today morning i received a mail from skype, that they are retiring their services from symbian & skype would no longer work on symbian after few weeks. So, if your prime requirement is camera & budget is not an issue, then u can go for lumia 1020 (best cameraphone till now with 41 megapixel sensor), lumia 1520 or for latest lumia flagship, wait for lumia 930 which has 20 megapixel pure-view sensor.

• 2014-08-08 12:46
  • fCx7

any one say me about n8 camrea ?

• 2014-08-08 11:29
  • uRBZ

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-08-07 17:56 from B}QN - click to readHallo MdN8

Thank you very much. I will have it checked. Have a lovely weekend!

• 2014-08-08 09:44
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Sunshine @ 2014-08-07 16:58 from Nwmx - click to readThen your proximity sensor is broken, it's a common problem on some Nokia phones. I've read about that issue a lot of times, corresponded about it with a Nokia C7 owner too, and there's not much to do except change it, or the whole phone body. :-(

• 2014-08-07 17:56
  • B}QN

> In reply to KK 1512 @ 2014-08-06 10:47 from fCx7 - click to readHallo KK 1512

Thank you very much, but I do not have a matt guard or any other cover on my screen. It is a really nice phone. Would really like to get this problem fixed.

• 2014-08-07 16:58
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-06 13:18 from rvSM - click to readTry to reinstall software with Nokia Suite.

• 2014-08-07 15:34
  • dPUx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-06 13:18 from rvSM - click to readIt must be happening because of installation of an app. Which was the latest app u downloaded after which this started happening ? The same happened to me when i installed f-secure & other time when i installed kaspersky antivirus. Frankly, N8 doesnt need any anti virus, so if u have installed any anti virus apps, then uninstall them. & if u cant delete such app directly from the phone, then connect it with the pc & delete the culprit apps. Hope this would resolve your issue.

• 2014-08-07 04:30
  • fCxi

why is my phone switching off eevery 10 seconds,it has a new battery so that cant be the problem,plz help me ths is frustrating

• 2014-08-06 13:18
  • rvSM

> In reply to Sunshine @ 2014-08-06 07:37 from Nwmx - click to readTo cut the appropriate portion from the Matt guard, i meant that u cut the protector so that whole screen is covered but the proximity is kept open. This will surely avoid ur screen going black.

• 2014-08-06 10:47
  • fCx7

hi Brother, i really felt good reading that u started using this phone just now, even after 4 years of Its launch. But according to me, its still the best. & about ur issues of screen getting black, i think you may have placed a matt screen protector on the screen & even covering the proximity sensor. Matt cover generally covers the sensor on proximity & stops the illumination of screen while the incoming or outgoing call. So, for this, use a glossy screen protector or cut the appropriate portion of matt guard. Hope this has helped you.

• 2014-08-06 10:29
  • fCx7

I really thought that I will get some help on this site. I made a mistake. The people on this site clearly have to much time on their hands.

Thanks for nothing

• 2014-08-06 07:37
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Pirate Dude @ 2014-08-05 11:01 from t1$A - click to readBut then he would need to pay a lot to fix the hole in the wall and the phone would still have the same problem. :-)

• 2014-08-05 17:52
  • p41h

> In reply to Sunshine @ 2014-08-05 08:07 from Nwmx - click to readThrow your phone against a wall. lol

• 2014-08-05 11:01
  • t1$A

Hallo Guys

Me again. Can someone tell me how to get my contacts back after restoring to factory default? I did backup, but everything accept my contacts are back on my phone. I was only able to get the ones on my simcard back. Please help!

• 2014-08-05 09:18
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Symbionic 911 @ 2014-08-04 15:21 from YQZ@ - click to readhallo Symbionic 911

I did what you said, but it didn't work.

• 2014-08-05 08:07
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Sunshine @ 2014-08-04 10:42 from Nwmx - click to readGo to settings > Phone > Phone management > Factory Settings > Delete data and restore. Before doing a hard reset backup your data. This should solve your problem.

• 2014-08-04 15:21
  • YQZ@

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-08-03 20:49 from t1$D - click to readClose your eyes and go for Nokia 808 PureView. It's the best Symbian smartphone ever, I mean ever, however, in my opinion, Nokia N8 sports a cooler design than the Nokia 808 but the last Symbian king is a beast. Trust me, you won't regret it.

• 2014-08-04 15:18
  • YQZ@

Hallo Guys.

I was very lucky to buy my niece's N8. It really is a great and strong phone. I just have one problem. The screen turns black when I make and receive calls. I do not have a cover over the proximity sensor. please help. This is very frustrating. I have to unlock the phone when I receive a call to see who's calling. Please help!!!!!!

• 2014-08-04 10:42
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-08-03 06:25 from t1$C - click to readLet it go. I'm more than happy with Nokia Belle Refresh. Is it worth to compromise the N8 for a 808 PureView?

• 2014-08-03 20:49
  • t1$D

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-08-01 17:07 from n@gI - click to readMy Nokia N8 is currently running Nokia Belle Refresh (latest version). I want to downgrade my N8 to Symbian^3. Is this possible?

• 2014-08-03 06:25
  • t1$C
Total of 47877 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.