Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

34620423

7.8
7.7
7.5

Why bt? Don't you have joikuspot on N8?

• 2015-01-01 15:32
  • Rating0

Hai guys.... Successfully linked my Nokia 808 as bluetooth modem to my Nokia XL Android phone with 'BlueVPN.apk' application! :-) :-) :-)

• 2014-12-31 16:32
  • YT1m

• 2014-12-31 10:26
  • rAQp
  • Rating0

How to share my Nokia 808's internet on my Android phone? Please help me. Thanks in advance!

• 2014-12-30 17:02
  • rAf8

> In reply to SUDHAKAR @ 2014-12-28 14:27 from utAs - click to readI don't quite trust windows phone. Yet.

• 2014-12-29 06:19
  • v0qG

> In reply to Aadrian @ 2014-12-29 00:31 from 0wxc - click to readOh that's great to hear, it's good that it's not some hardware problem. I never used Whatsapp but I've seen apps called "Close Whatsapp" and "Whatsapp Scheduler" which turns it on/off at specific times of the day. Personally I hate that type of applications (always running, always connected to the internet) where the user doesn't have any control. Problem solved, then. :-)

• 2014-12-29 03:09
  • B}Qk

Finally my N8's screen turns off automatically again. I found out whatsapp kept on running continuously and that caused problems, while I don't even use whatsapp on this phone.
So I deleted the app, and now the phone's screen does turn off from itself again.

• 2014-12-29 00:31
  • 0wxc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-20 09:26 from v0qG - click to readNey. Look at lumia 730 and 830 models. It will suit you.

• 2014-12-28 14:27
  • utAs

All of you can use real player on nokia n8 phones.

• 2014-12-27 07:27
  • rKHU

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-12-26 01:36 from B}Qj - click to readThanks mate, I'll take a look on these discussion forums soon. Hope to find a solution there, I've tried pretty much all with settings etc...
I'll let you know once I solved the issue!

• 2014-12-27 00:33
  • 0wxc

> In reply to Patrick @ 2014-12-24 20:57 from fjRe - click to readupdate nokia store first, maybe it can help about quick office . .but i am not sure about real player.

• 2014-12-26 12:49
  • XMPx

> In reply to Patrick @ 2014-12-24 20:57 from fjRe - click to readI don't know about Real Player but you can get Quick Office by doing a Google search for this:

Quick Office v7.1.18 - Eng Only+ License+ E/F Mod - Symbian S60v5 S^3 Anna Belle signed

Or look for this:

Quick Office 7.01(18)

It should be modded so you can install it on E or F and free some space on C.

• 2014-12-26 01:47
  • B}Qj

> In reply to Aadrian @ 2014-12-26 00:19 from 0wxc - click to readOuch! Is the screensaver on or off? I have no idea but other people seem to have had this problem and there are too many possible answers. See here:
and here:

• 2014-12-26 01:36
  • B}Qj

The screen on my N8 doesn't turn off automatically anymore. It doesn't matter if I set the screen lock-time differently, it just doesn't turn off anymore, except if I use the lock switch. Anybody facing the same issue? Or what to do about it?

• 2014-12-26 00:19
  • 0wxc

Hi. I lost the realplayer and quickoffice by mistake. I can't download for reinstalling them from ovistore or nokia store. Someone can help?

• 2014-12-24 20:57
  • fjRe

> In reply to Hammad Iqbal @ 2014-12-20 13:20 from g8Kw - click to readSorry. Nokia phone division is now MSFT owned and the "other" Nokia will only be making Foxconn devices from now on.

• 2014-12-21 07:24
  • v0qG

One of the best phone, if one talks about the durability, design, camera, voice and many more. NOKIA why don't u put the android in this. I used to have this phone, really loved this phone, but the software made me to change this phone.
Try to come up with upgraded andriod version, and if possible now with more speed (CPU, RAM) and last but not the least, big screen as well.
I hope that u will grow u sales by TONS!!!! Still ppl want to see NOKIA grow with such great phones like N8...........

• 2014-12-20 13:20
  • g8Kw

Can't find decent nokia n8/ nokia n8 sellers (lmao). Tried looking at androids. The ones I can afford have measly internal memories and with Google's idiotic SD card restrictions with KITKAT version of their MODERN OS,I'm not looking forward to rooting just so I can install apps. On the memory card. Pfffft. Link2sd my behind.

What a dilemma.

Will sit out till next year.

Or just get abandoned kitkat devices if I can't help myself.

Haha. Abandoned KITKAT devices. Expensive devices at launch. I'm looking at you, SONY. Booohoooo.

• 2014-12-20 09:26
  • v0qG

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-12-16 01:52 from B}QL - click to readThe level of software configurability in Windows Phone leaves you no doubt - it is assumed you are too stupid to use a system with any advanced features so all these had been removed. They didn't stop on system options, they even removed some of the key software! Lumia 510 (I know it is not exactly in the same class of phones but is much newer) fresh out of the box - it obviously has bluetooth but you can't use it to eg. send contacts from your old phone as it has no Bluetooth software (nor SD cards slot).. I believe N8 was one of Nokias top achievements in their multitask phones lineup as it has everything it should have plus a lot more rare features like FM transmitter, HDMI Out, USB In and more. I personally loved N900 as well but it wasnt really handy in some situations. N8 for a change performs brilliant everywhere I take it. It required some mods done to the software to enable installation of custom applications but its done easily and gives you access to hundreds of Symbian applications available to download all over internet. Battery savers for example are one of these handy tools that effectively gives you extra day or two to current battery lifetime. I'm an old Symbian user and every time some cool 'new' app came out for Android you could always find something similar for Symbian (except for games but I play Sudoku-like stuff so can't say). N8 is my perfect phone, does everything current smartphones do (it also does what they stopped doing), looks nice, lasts longer, is reasonably durable and has a proper good camera. Lumia 510-likes compared to N8 being 4 years old still look as useful as 3510i (great phone though, in its times).

• 2014-12-19 00:39
  • M4Y8

but nokia why did you make such great mistake.... and look at how this four yes legendary phone n8 is getting much interest from your customers,but you end up given your company to the hands of those that can't produced such a gadget like n8 .

• 2014-12-17 17:09
  • r3Hf
Total of 48105 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.