Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

I really thought that I will get some help on this site. I made a mistake. The people on this site clearly have to much time on their hands.

Thanks for nothing

• 2014-08-06 07:37
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Pirate Dude @ 2014-08-05 11:01 from t1$A - click to readBut then he would need to pay a lot to fix the hole in the wall and the phone would still have the same problem. :-)

• 2014-08-05 17:52
  • p41h

> In reply to Sunshine @ 2014-08-05 08:07 from Nwmx - click to readThrow your phone against a wall. lol

• 2014-08-05 11:01
  • t1$A

Hallo Guys

Me again. Can someone tell me how to get my contacts back after restoring to factory default? I did backup, but everything accept my contacts are back on my phone. I was only able to get the ones on my simcard back. Please help!

• 2014-08-05 09:18
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Symbionic 911 @ 2014-08-04 15:21 from YQZ@ - click to readhallo Symbionic 911

I did what you said, but it didn't work.

• 2014-08-05 08:07
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Sunshine @ 2014-08-04 10:42 from Nwmx - click to readGo to settings > Phone > Phone management > Factory Settings > Delete data and restore. Before doing a hard reset backup your data. This should solve your problem.

• 2014-08-04 15:21
  • YQZ@

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-08-03 20:49 from t1$D - click to readClose your eyes and go for Nokia 808 PureView. It's the best Symbian smartphone ever, I mean ever, however, in my opinion, Nokia N8 sports a cooler design than the Nokia 808 but the last Symbian king is a beast. Trust me, you won't regret it.

• 2014-08-04 15:18
  • YQZ@

Hallo Guys.

I was very lucky to buy my niece's N8. It really is a great and strong phone. I just have one problem. The screen turns black when I make and receive calls. I do not have a cover over the proximity sensor. please help. This is very frustrating. I have to unlock the phone when I receive a call to see who's calling. Please help!!!!!!

• 2014-08-04 10:42
  • Nwmx

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-08-03 06:25 from t1$C - click to readLet it go. I'm more than happy with Nokia Belle Refresh. Is it worth to compromise the N8 for a 808 PureView?

• 2014-08-03 20:49
  • t1$D

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-08-01 17:07 from n@gI - click to readMy Nokia N8 is currently running Nokia Belle Refresh (latest version). I want to downgrade my N8 to Symbian^3. Is this possible?

• 2014-08-03 06:25
  • t1$C

how to convert the download files in to mass memory

• 2014-08-02 08:50
  • KSeb

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-07-31 19:02 from U@Hw - click to readYes, for me everything went flowless. It is not the only Symbian i flashed with Phoenix. I also debranded 701 and X7 with official belle Firmware.

• 2014-08-01 17:07
  • n@gI

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-07-29 23:08 from J5Gg - click to readThanks for the extra knowledge. I am having a great time with my Nokia N8 that I sold my Android phones. Haha. I'm going to buy myself another legendary phone, the Nokia N95 (160 MB internal memory) as soon as next week. I found out that "delete data and restore'' option is the hard reset option. Like you said, reinstalling firmware using Nokia Suite just re-writes registry files, so I think flashing the N8 with a suitable version of Phoenix will make it like new condition software wise. Have you ever flashed your Nokia N8 with Belle Refresh firmware via Phoenix?

• 2014-07-31 19:02
  • U@Hw

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-07-28 23:42 from t1$B - click to readDoing factory reset or hard reset will not keep it hacked. So you will have to hack it again. What happened to md8 is that reinstalling the same software without flashing. Did pretty much nothing but rewriting some registry files. I suppose he had also all apps after that. Factory reset is another story and 100% will not be hacked after doing one.

• 2014-07-29 23:08
  • J5Gg

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-07-28 19:39 from p41Y - click to readThanks MdN8. I almost made up my mind to remove ROM Patcher but you saved me.
If that means your apps will be installed even after performing a factory reset then that is another nice feature for me! Nokia or should I say Microsoft, is totally intent on ceasing support for Symbian because they want you to buy a Lumia. We have already seen native flickr sharing broken, Nokia Internet Radio service being discountinued, Nokia weather discountinued for Symbian, and perhaps the Nokia Maps service is going down after 2016 for Symbian. Does Nokia Suite still work, like reinstalling firmware using it? Which one is the hard reset option out of the two options in settings- phone - phone management - factory settings?

• 2014-07-28 23:42
  • t1$B

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-07-27 10:29 from t1$B - click to readIf you uninstall RomPatcher the phone is no longer hacked. You have to keep it. That's the hacking application.
After a factory reset... If the RomPatcher is still there, you will. I reinstalled the software once via Nokia Suite and RomPatcher was still there and the phone was still hacked.

• 2014-07-28 19:39
  • p41Y

The problem with non-removable battery is that you won't know when the battery has swollen due to overheating or some other reason and you can't remove the battery unless you know how to do it yourself. I have had a Samsung Galaxy S2 which had a removable battery that got swollen after 9 months of usage from purchase date and wasn't giving good backup for that reason. It ws easy to replac the batery because da fone had a replacable mechanesm 4 the battery part. I jst changd the batery of my nokia n8 becoz it has been two years i have been using my n8 without any problems except the battery part.. My n8 wasn't giving much backup since a month so 2day i decided to change the battery. I went to nokia official store in jaipur, hopefully i got a BL-4D original battery with 6 months replacement gurantee. I then went to a local shop. The service boy opened the lower part of da n8, removed the battery lid and tried to pull the blue sticker attached 2 the battery but the battery wasn't coming out bcoz the battery was bulged, then using a tool to pull out the battery helped and it took a lot of time but succesfuly the battery got changed afta 1 hour of hard work. N8 is an all around round mobile but its only downside is da non-removable battery other than that no problem

• 2014-07-28 19:08
  • t1$A

Last night I was successful hacking my Nokia N8 (using Norton symbian hacking method) for the first time ever, after several failed attempts I hacked my N8 just to play Bounce Touch, a game that I played first on my first phone, Nokia 2310 and my first S40 phone, the Nokia X2-01 (the keypad version of the game). Well, I installed a camera mod which would give Symbian Anna quality pictures in Symbian Belle from N8FanClub but didn't notice much difference between the pics taken after applying the mod and before applying the mod, so I uninstalled the mod. These are the questions going on my mind right now because it's been one week I'm using my Nokia N8 as my main phone: *. I am starting to wonder if I can uninstall/remove ''ROMPatcher Plus Lite version'' app now that I have successfully hacked my Nokia N8?

*. Would I still be able to install unsigned apps after performing a factory reset on my hacked N8?

Thanks in advance.

• 2014-07-27 10:29
  • t1$B

> In reply to Protocol @ 2014-07-25 06:57 from t1$D - click to readBe careful and be sure they bouth look alike and there is no diference between them, talking about battery. As for colorize it, as i already told you. It comes packed with belle refresh latest update. I never needed it so i deleted it everytime. Now that may happen cause of your pc, this sounds more like a not grounded pc then a phone issue. Try using some other pc from someone else and see if the problem perist.

• 2014-07-25 08:38
  • gDft

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-07-24 22:25 from J5Cm - click to readThanks Carol for taking your time to reply to my query.
I think flashing the belle refresh with Phoneix would make my N8 out of box condition, like you said. So this is the way. I've got a BL-4D battery without the Nokia hologram and I doubt its originality but I will try it.
1. By the way, do you have the Colorizit app preinstalled?

2. When my N8 is connected to PC via USB, touching the metal frame around the display, results in getting a little electric shock. Anyone got shocked?

• 2014-07-25 06:57
  • t1$D
Total of 47907 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.