From Nokia Discussion Site
as an answer to the feedback we got in the last hours, here’s some Q&A on topics you’ve raised so far:
1) Q: “No update available” – A: We’ve released Symbian Anna in more than 30 countries this morning which will enable over 60% of our existing Symbian3 customers to update to Symbian Anna. For a full list of countries where the update is available now, please check our detailed information in the Nokia Discussions Forum via: /t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-Anna-We-are-live-Down​loads-start-today/td-p/1114859 (=first page of th... you would expect, we got a lot of update requests and therefore some users might get an information “server not available / no update available”. If so, please try to download the update again a bit later.
2) Q: “I’ve downloaded Symbian Anna & lost Quickoffice and Adobe pdf reader” – A: It’s crucial that you not only download the operating system but also the Symbian Anna application packages. They are available via Ovi Suite update or over the air (depending on country & operator) as well. The package called “Symbian Anna 1/2” contains the Quickoffice and pdf reader, and “Symbian Anna 2/2” contains other important service updates, so we recommend to update everything you see in Ovi Suite or the Software Update client.
3) Q: “The splitscreen Qwerty is not visible when using Swype” – A: You have to enable the Qwerty keyboard by opening the message view, select the Options button (that looks like a list) and select Qwerty keyboard. If you are using Swype it might be that this is blocking the Qwerty, please then try to disable Swype and check if that solves your problem.
4) Q: “After the update I get a message ‘phone feature not supported’” – A: Please install the Symbian Anna application packages as that will solve the issue.
5) Q: “How should I update if I’m in an area with weak network coverage?” – A: We recommend to do the Symbian Anna update via OviSuite or via WiFi because of the update size (>80MB for over the air updates) and corresponding download times in a weak network area.
hi,after spending so much on n8 we are not happy with nokia ;its time move to android to expe what we are missing here we are getting everything in android im buying standby android based phone fed wtng for nokia to improve they now keep wtng us for belle for another year we keep begging they keep draging this is the story with many years will remain same guys change mind now ........android will solve our wishes nokia wont understand our feelings .
Hi to every one i am from srilanka,all a saying anna update available,but still my sw updater not showing it,i want to update my n8 via mobile network,mr RAY do u have any idea for this,reply soon
Just instal anna. There is no 30fps video with autofocus, pdf reader and office.
Stil using opera.
Photo galery looks faster and portrait qwerty keybord is bigest +.
Same thing, diferent name.
rdlc1983, 19 Aug 2011There were indeed updates after installing Anna. However, I cannot get update 1 of 2 (the requ... moreHi,to every one, im from srilanka.every one saying anna update available, but still my updater not showing updates,for update via mobile what can i do for it? Mr RAY reply soon
choi, 18 Aug 2011good day, erm.. does any one know what to put on the CWA server URL? i updated to Symbian Anna... moreHi Choi,
CWA stands for Communicator Web Access, This application helps the microsoft employees to stay in contact just like a messenger. The name of the application is 'Lync' And you can only access it if you have a microsoft ID or if you are a Microsoft partner... I hope this helps..
Hello every one . . . Any one knows when anna coming to egypt and north africa?pls help . . Thanks
There were indeed updates after installing Anna. However, I cannot get update 1 of 2 (the required one). I tried several times but I always get the failed update result. This update must include the Quickoffice as it is the only one missing. Please help.
i am updating my n8 software and after downloading the software the ovi software updater has been displaying: 'installing device software . . . .about 15 minutes total' for the last one hour. H.E.L.P.
after Anna update, when I turn on my phone, I get an error message that reads"phone not supported". Does anyone have this message?
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2011ovi store is not working after flashing to belle can any one pls help mefirst you uninstall your ovi store then install again
san n 8, 18 Aug 2011Yes ray I got both updates ... First time wen I updated today I dialed *#0000# and updated m... moreAfter the second updates of 24 mb & 25 mb quick office and adobe reader get loaded and also bugs of anna updates fixes
Abhiraj, 18 Aug 2011Downloaded the anna on air...25 mb update...then when i went to the software update app there ... moreDont panic guys' i updated in indua,lost quick office and pdf reader,checked software update,nothibg,ota update,then i changed my phobe date to 19,rechecked software update in settings,wow,found 4parts of anna update,part1_24mb,restored my qoffice and pdf.downloading the other3,ovi14mb,part2_25mb,social3.5
Ray Hipkiss, 18 Aug 2011The advice for all who have updated to Anna is to check again for updates via Ovi Suite or Nok... more@RAY.... I have updated with anna but there is no split screen...qwerty keyboard is there but no split screen
Yes ray I got both updates ...
First time wen I updated today I dialed *#0000# and updated my n8.
After 2 hrs. I cheked the sw update and saw 2 anna update any way I had installed both.
Really will any one knows what is this iam really confused what kind of update is this :*
any way my n8 is working good phone speed had increased .
Tint has been removed from the clock only rest of the things are same tint is still there in pictures, videos etc.
wat the hell!!!
No one knows not even nokia that what is it and how to solve it.
Dont panic guys' i updated in indua,lost quick office and pdf reader,checked software update,nothibg,ota update,then i changed my phobe date to 19,rechecked software update in settings,wow,found 4parts of anna update,part1_24mb,restored my qoffice and pdf.downloading the other3,ovi14mb,part2_25mb,social3.5