How could any1 possibly carry a 134gram fone around all day?! It's 2 bloody heavy, ur pants will drop off if u put it in pocket!
Can some1 tell nokia designers 2 STOP making bricks?!
They shld focus on making compact-sized lightweight fones.
My 6280, weighing @ 115gram is already a tad 2 heavy 2 b kept in my pants' pocket.
Can anyone tell me plz where to download the latest firmware version for the N80. it keeps telling me memorey full, evrytime I use it, though, the misi SD is empty, please help.. it's so annoying...
Thanks in advance .
thanx for the advice,i must go to specsavers. it was just a bit awkward doin 90 on the m6 and txting at the same time. no more worries anyway , thankfully the n80 was a free upgrade . so i took my sim out of it this morn and chucked the n80 onto the middle lane of the m5 . a scania lorry done the business on it. happy days
Please I just got this phone and would love to know how to get its full potential. It cost me a lot of money.
@Coco stop saying lies to people you are confusing them.
the n73 its quadbad EDGE and 3G
n80 metal frame will not fade after 1 month
the n73 its faster than n80
in benchmarks the n73 was around 3000 and the n80 2200
Had my phone over 1 month and its still as black in paint as ever...
first,n73 is lower than old n70.is the same phone ,but phone memory at n73 is smaller than n70.n73 is very low than n80.warning!!!n80 black is bad because the paint of metal frame around the lcd fade out in one months!!! even if you are very careful.don't put it in the jeans pocket!!!! terrible.nokia make bad mistakes like this often at very expansive mobiles.
And another, the N73 is a triband fone, it DOESNT have WIFI. So that sucs, because all the connectivity tools are in the N80. I guess nokia's engineers tried tweaking the Simbian Os since they knew that this is a powerfull phone.. and ofcourse when the Nokia n83 will be relesed next year, the real great Nseries phones will arive! So just hold on tight, you know how nokia makes a big deal on their ad campaigns, like its the next story, but it really isnt...
I tried transfering a sample N90 video to the n80, and it worked, the n93 video doesnt seem to work at the n80. My theory is that the quality of the video recorder may be adjusted to the n90's, but ofcours, the result will be far beter because the lense of the camera is a 3 mega pixel. all we need now it a good video recorder application, and a fix on the mp4 compression format since the n80 is capable of doing such. I think that the n80 is a great fone and one of the best since it has all the great features in it. Not to mention that it is a QUAD BAND Phone. All you need to do is add a 1 gig mini sd card, (like me) and find a good application/s for it. It is even a great Mp3 player for me. with reguards to the battaery life, just buy a spare one, it wouldent hurt you know... By the way, the phone works how you want it to work, and if your good at maximizing its usage, it could do wonders... If you ca do this, then that means, you are a POWER USER...
i have never used my flash player. what's this all about? where can i download anything to play on it? please help =)
Well guys, I have just take my N80 from Nokia Shop.... After they update the firmware to 4.0623.0.41: PROBLEM...after I turn off my phone and the on again the phone lost it's date and time that I have set previously!!! every time I turn off my phone I must set the date and time again and again and again.... For once more I will take my phone to Nokia to wait for it another 2 weeks I guess... Let's See...
Firmware 3.0614.0.3 und 3.0617.0.6
Nokia Mobile Phones Service Bulletin No.
* When there is a headset connected then it is possible to close the slide without ending the call
* Support for Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 has been added (No support for DRM)
* Adobe PDF Reader has been added
* Mobile Search has been added
* Antivirus has been added
* FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) pull is enabled in some variants
* Backup cannot read midlet when midlet is running before backup starts
* Contacts database is in use if client remains open during backup/restore
* Java midlet data is not restored
* Panics if java hash information was not parsed successfully
* SIS files are not restored after backup/restore
* Midlets installed to drive other than (C:) not backed up or restored
* Package data file restoration problem when directory doesn't already exist
* Backup/Restore failed to restore assigned Speed Dial numbers
* Improvements to stability of long term connections
* Switching on BT On ->off-> on can cause phone menu to lock up and disappear
* Browser memory usage reduction when browsing many sites
* WAP Push correction for CSL
* Remove anti-aliasing for Chinese fonts
* www.kauppalehti.fi login causes connection timed out
* Stop browser loading images when memory low
* Meeting end date does not span correctly if user changes device timezone to greater than current value
* Received recurring vCal entry is not saved to calendar
* Calendar alarm time imported incorrectly from S40 device
* Calendar editor erases subject field if you edit a full subject field
* Calendar crashes when changing repeat rule on an entry
* The anniversary alarm never goes off
* 100 consecutive alarms does not alert
* Due date and start date are mixed in ToDo items -> ToDo alarm can not be stopped
* Calendar Options->Delete entry->All entries fails to delete exceptions to recurring meetings.
* Change in time zone results in incorrect alarm date.
* System error and product freezes with certain Calendar note
* Lunar Calendar information is not available for dates before 1980
* Last instance of repeating meeting is lost, if repeating meeting is modified in Outlook
* Unable to dismiss calendar alarm
* Repeating calendar entries
* Manual network selection freezes the phone if there is active PDP context
* Display wrong operator name "1" in Manual Selection list
* Bitmap corruption in thumbnails
* Camera localisation error fix (Localised Slovak) Camera: Wrong grammar form of Automatic used in Scene Set-up
- Backslash character not properly handled when contact is copied to memory card Data
* Call Back Access Point does not call back
* Rare Stability problems in TCP/IP
* Display FOTA help for FOTA enabled variants
* Certain animated Gif files do not play when opened from Images and Videos folder
* Screen becomes black for a second right after playing video file saved in memory card
* Wrong Presentation icon is shown in the Gallery.
* BT Image Print - Phone is stuck at Cancelling screen
* PictBridge/HP475 - Phone hangs at cancelling screen after cancelling a pictbridge print job on HP475 printer
* Video file is not played if opening from File Manager while another is paused on the background.
* DRM image can't be zoomed in if the last right is in use.
* The display position of AnimatedGIF file is incorrect.
* New Camera Images do not appear in Gallery if Gallery is open
* The Animated GIF file, which has copyright protection of valid Consumable Rights(count=5) can be played more than 5 times.
* 3gp playback incorrect when there are many images on memory card
* No help topics available in Music Settings View.
* Issues with recognizing new mimetypes
* Fallback when help directory is empty
* Memory Card
* Improve FAT mount performance by increasing FAT cache granularity
* Particular 256MB MiniSD card gives "Windows was unable to complete the format" when formatting under WinXP.
* Memory card unlocking does not work if no card inserted while phone booted
* Fix for memory card missing on soft reset
* Forwarded attachments visible as unsupported files in attachments view
* Envelope icon doesn't stop blinking until phone is rebooted
* E-mail : It takes too long to attach contacts via e-mail.
* Message stays in outbox (until rebooted) after cancelling infrared transmission
* Fixes MMS postcard image import size issue
* Obex crash with corrupted obex header
* Extra space at end of word when typing '/' character
* Can't receive message when using China Unicon dual mode card
* Add any file type to email attachment options
* Incorrect number is shown in note when fetching emails
* IMAP: Crash after trying to retrieve an email when there's no network coverage
* Message Viewer takes 39 seconds to display long unicode message
* Link Highlight in automatic find does not wrap to next line in mixed URL/number
* Data cannot be shown and deleted when save a large vCard which received by IrDA.
* Progressive JPEG codec doesn't compress heap after decoding
* Music player will be terminated forcefully at the time of selecting searched data when the [Mark all] selected in track list creation.
- Sending many UDP packets results in not all packets reaching the recipient. Real Player
* Large chunk video break up
* Unresponsive RealPlayer after streaming
* No post after user cancel JAR download
* Exes are launched by Installer App before EULA is accepted
* Installer crashes when uninstalling software
* App. installed in other phone to memory card, shortcut to it is shown in test phone
* Reset loop with certain (filesystem partly corrupted) MiniSD card
* Application Manager: Application loses list of installed applications
* Session ID in server notification (package #0) is not taken into use by DM client
* Synchronisation fails if entering more than 2 entries in Calendar of the handset with synchronisation setting as "None"
* Unknown authorisation request causes media server crash.
* UPnP - Apps Menu path in message for creating WLAN access points is incorrect - localisation of path for all languages.
* Middle ok button does not work in result window
* Copying files with ?&? character in
* Home Network, fix for Music playlist sharing selections not working
* Mass Storage failure. Bulk Transport handles case badly
* USB mass storage class doesn't detach from Apple MAC/Tiger
* UE carried no sound or image after the following procedure UE became out-of-coverage during VT communication. Then it originated VT after the VT disconnection.
The following changes were also included in SW release 3.0618.0.1 which was only available in some markets.
* DTMF tones now allowed for emergency call created with locked phone
* RealPlayer updated ? Improved handling for large chunk video break up
* RealPlayer updated ? Improvements to unresponsive RealPlayer after streaming
* Settings wizard updated to week 16 release for Taiwan country settings
* Correction to SAT polling reponse
* Connecting doesn't succeed after disconnecting N616 car kit and from 3G to 2G * AD15 in Music Player mode has poor sound quality (until volume changed)
This is probably the best all in one mobilephone i've ever own.I really disagree if anyone says that this phone got lots of problem.Best of the Best if to compare with other phones.....
Which colour is nicer? Silver or Black? I haven't seen the black one in real life. I want my phone to be rather attractive (I'm purchasing it from a friend overseas).
Please share your opinions.
i just bought this phone however i have problem using the WiFi. how to use the WiFi?? can i browse internet or only e-mail from N80. another disadvatages of this phone is its coverage. i think the antenna is not very good.
I need help. Do any of you know where can i get the smartmovie with the keygen n also something for the recorder. The voice recorder on the n80 only has 1 minute. Thankman
Many people dont seem to understand how reception bars work. Just because a signal is full on one phone doent mean that phone has superior recption. It depends mostly on what the phone supports.
The SEk800 for example doesnt not support faster speeds. K800 full reception is the equivalent of only 1-2 lines on the 2G signal bar of a N80. This is why data/internet users find N80 attractive. Most phones do not support all speeds. Its one of the big selling points of the E series against Windows Mobile devices most of which dont even support faster 2G speeds.
in reply to:
"i've had 5 nokias previous to my n80 which i'd had no problems with. my problems with the n80 are 1. bad coverage of my network,which i'd had no problems with before,must have a bad antenna."