stop kidding yourself that this is better than the N95 8gb. The faster than the N95 8gb? Dual CPU? Where have you guys been this has exactly the same processing power as the N95 8Gb version so stop kidding yourself. It both uses 332Mhz ARM 11 Cpu and both have 128mb of RAM.
Just admit that we all have our personal preferences. Stop comparing this to the N95 8Gb coz the N82 is more of a mainstream phone not high end.
the joystick is horrible,,also the keypad...but the joystick destroy the whole phone..
In regards to all the CPU comments...
My N82 performs MUCH better than my N95-3 did. It starts up in half the time, and apps open, run, and close much faster as well. The processing power is awesome!
its cpu is better Dual CPU, ARM 11, 332 MHz that means it has 332mhz cpu + 220mhz DSP cpu
the good thing about this phone is that it has ARM processor dual cpu!! 332 mhz(check wiki)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N...cation_sheet
I will have my N82 in 4 hours. Looking forward to this so I will have two of the best an N95-3 and of course the N82
Thanks for responding to my question buddy. Thanks and take care yourself.
ofcourse your 8gb sdhc card will work with N82.
Goodluck with your new N82 mate.Take care
I'm sure this question has already been asked but I just want to ask it again before i purchase the memory card.
If I a SanDisk Micro SDHC 8GB memory card, will it work in my Nokia N82 mobile?
Thanks in advance people.
Oh and @ YaGit
I felt the same way about the front and back of the phone BEFORE actually owning it. But once it was in my hands, I discovered the materials/color combination is so gorgeous I wouldn't want it any other way. I continue to get many many compliments on this shiny gem.
I have to say I don't share your sentiments on the phone (except we all know the battery life is a bit weak, although hopefully that new li-ion technology will help ;). I have had the N82 for a week now and it really is just amazing. I know everyone is different, but I had the n95 for 3 months and after switching to the n82, I would never go back! This phone is so solid and if you are all about pictures...the choice is simple.
Once again, I highly recommend the phone to anyone, and I'm happy to answer any questions.
I wish they had make the front just like the back, not the shiny stuff the back looks really classy and gorgeous .. Ciao!
HELP! HELP! HELP!
i am very serious to saught for help before purchasing n82. following are my concerns,
1)i have come accross many n series users complaining of phone hanging or crashing. one of the employees in my organization had a phone crash on n91. he was greeted with cold shoulders from nokia support centres accross delhi. and he did whatever he could think to get some reverts from global nokia mail ids- but in vail. it took 3- months for him to get the replacement.
2)battery life is very short compared to se k750i- it lasts one day for me.
3) usb charging is not there- we need to carry bulky charger instead of data cord.
4)key board design gives it a little cheaper looks- though back side is really impressive.
5)movie clip quality- can anyone upload or fowrad a clip for analysis.
thanks a lot guys,
gsm arena is really a wonderful platform for analysis of mobiles....
Got this phone 2 days ago for 600$.
I thought it was the best phone, but I was deceived by its perfoemance:
- Speakers max volume is very very comparing to my old Nokia 6120 classic.This fact is compromised partly by good quality in the hedset.
- The headset enclosed in the pack oesn't feature a remote control.
- The Nokia maps hang the phone if there is no connection (my data plan goes 0).If you use the GPS without network assistance you will have to wait for long (about 10-15 mins indoor)and the coordinates are not precise(compared my home coordinates found by N82 with google earth).There's up to 50 m error.
- The battery is really poor (10 SMS+ 1 hour Gps+ 15 min GPRS + 30 min music + 10 min video + 30 min games + 10 min calls + 30 min menu navigation + a couple of photos = dead battery)
- The only good point is the xenon flash:I managed to shut all the light off in my room and the picture was astonishing.However, The DVD quality isn't by all means a DVD quality:it's OK when viewed in the phone but when you transfer it on TV, it's crap.
- The speed of the phone is a bit lower than my Nokia 6120 classic (339 Mhz against 369 Mhz?)
- The build quality is superb except for The memory card gate (get a bit loose already)
- The camera shuter system is very good
- The keypad is awkward especially the second
row, you have to type with your nails: for big handed this phone is not for you.
In conclusion, The concept of N82 is great but the reality is not that impressive.Hope only for a firmware upgrade that will improve
the battery life.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me
does anyone know if this phone picks up at&t 3g signal in the u.s.? are there more than 1 country that this phone is made? if so, does the answer to my 1st question depend on it? also, does its email program open attachment files such as pictures & word documents?