The inbox full icon flashing is from your sim card. Your sim card is recieving information from your service provider. When you installed your sim card to the N85, the sim does not recognize nor know where to put all the inbox information. You need to go to settings on message page/section and set or program it to transfer to phone or micro sd memory. Once that is achieved you will need to erase all the originally loaded inbox messages. From that point the icon will go away and everytime you recieve any new inbox messages it will automatically save to the phone or memory card.
gsmArena.. please renew your review..
the N85 with newer firmware[v11] is much better than[v10]
it has no lagging, navi wheel is working perfectly, and zooming the pictures is quickly fast.. the camera performance also good...
Anonymous, 05 May 2009most probably you are looking at the memory card icon which looks similar to the message icon!... moreThanks!! I tried removing the memory card but the message icon ( a symbol of a letter) still prompts on the screen. This usually appears when ure inbox is full..
Can something be done abt this?
pascal, 05 May 2009ok well done a new n85 is a very good step.let us know if your new will be ok.i know i cant wait 4 the new one, they wanted 2 replace my fone with the N95 but i hate that fone, hopefully the one there sending now doesnt have the same problem,, i'll let u know what happens once i get the fone... :)
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970lmao i cant give it 2 u, im returning the old one back 2 them!!
N85@May2009, 05 May 2009I've bought N85 recently and I'm happy as it is worth wht I paid for... however, I' have been ... moremost probably you are looking at the memory card icon which looks similar to the message icon! confirm it by removing the memory card.
iolo003, 02 May 2009FYI: N85 owners
this phone is compatible with Nokia Mobile TV Receiver SU-33W that can allo... morecould you please tell me where or how to get the mobile tv application for my nokia n85.
I've bought N85 recently and I'm happy as it is worth wht I paid for... however, I' have been facing an issue on the home screen.. It displays that my inbox is full and the message prompt displays on the screen continously...however that is not the case... cud u pls suggest if theres anything I can do... I was told by the dealer that N series sometimes have this issue.. but I'm not satisfied with this answer,, is there a way i can resolve this?
pascal, 04 May 2009the problems that i had with my sim card was that my phone restarted all the time.then i chang... morehello..thanks 4 the help i done what u told me and took my battery out but it still didnt work, i called nokia and they go its faulty coz they cant change it from the settings, there going 2 replace me with a new one.. :) thanks heaps 4 the help
sirine, 04 May 2009heyy.. yeh ive checked the settings on my cousins n85 and its the same as mine, ive had an n85... morethe problems that i had with my sim card was that my phone restarted all the time.then i changed the card and it worked perfect.dont ask what was the problems i dont know yet.but i am sure that the problem was that.you can go again to nokia and tell them to make the settings in front of you.sent a message and and if you have the same problems tell them to change it again.good luck. first of all take off the battery for about 15 minutes
pascal, 03 May 2009its only an idea but check your sim card.i had other problems in my n85 and when i gotmy secon... moreheyy.. yeh ive checked the settings on my cousins n85 and its the same as mine, ive had an n85 b4 and it never usto have that problem and when my fone got stolen they replaced me with another one and its doing the same...what do i have 2 do with my sim card?
itz a superb phone.itz delicate.person shud knw how 2 use it.im loving it...plz launch a new version of n96 wit memory card.it vl rock..
New N85 User, 03 May 2009How do u switch-off the 3G function? tools>settings>phone>network and then choose gsm.
sirine, 03 May 2009hey everyone, ive got my 3rd N85, ive replaced it 3 times coz it was faulty, i jst opened my n... moreits only an idea but check your sim card.i had other problems in my n85 and when i gotmy second i found out by accident that the problem was my sim card.after check all your options on the phone again.i hope you find a solution because the phone is perfect otherwise
hey everyone, ive got my 3rd N85, ive replaced it 3 times coz it was faulty, i jst opened my new N85 and everytime i get a message or a missed call it doesnt show me that ive got a message it doesnt show up on my screen sayin 1new message recieved or 1 missed call, it goes straight into my inbox and straight into my messages...can this be fixed or is this a faulty fone? please reply asap
aaron, 03 May 2009Don't forget the N95 8GB has a lot of disadvantages also. Lack of a lens cover, inconvenient p... moreI agree with aaron.
My previous post was :
I bought this device last week. Everything looks good so far. Great things about this device :
1) 5.0 MP Carl Zeiss lens - Camera
2) No problems so far with slide
3) Good Music Player, headphones.
4) A lot of others.
Some issues cause me a concern :
1) Network intercept - I have a T-Mobile connection and it is very week in my house.Only my bedroom brings 3-5 bars on any mobile(including N85). The problem occurs when I move my N85 from a room having no network to my bedroom. N85 should intercept T-mobile and show me atleast 3 bars in couple of minutes(on Automatic Network selection) but it shows none till eternity. After I giveup, shut down and restart the device, it immediately shows 3 bars. It seems the Automatic Network selection doesnt work on my N85. Did someone else face the similar issues?
2) The Auto-Rotate feature works inefficiently - Sometimes, it doesnot recognize the I have changed its position from horizontal to vertical !! The only way to bring back the device to Vertical Position is to go to Tools and reset the Auto Rotate feature to off. If this does not happen then restart offcourse.
3) The Naviwheel is a joke.
4) The battery drains out within 24 hrs without using a lot of features, dont know why!! Need to recharge everynight.
5) Wi-Fi doesnt work everyplace where laptop Wi-Fi works!!
6) The plastic buttons on top needs to be pressed twice (sometimes thrice) to work.
1) Not a N85 issue. I found it was T-mobile responsible more than N85. AT&T works gr8.
2) Auto-Rotate working fine when the device is hold in hand rather than on a table. The device has to be absolutely vertical in yr hand and then turn the device exactly 90% on the left side. Then it works fine everytime.
3) Gave up experimenting on this.
4) I found the device continously scanning for Wifi Netwrks. Once, I switched it off, the battery stayed for 2 complete days (Fine by me).
5) Still true. But, in good range of any wireless network wi-fi is working fine.
6) I found that first click brings the focus on the screen so it lits up and second click does what it is supposed to do.
As far as liking the device is concerned, it has gone up. I am very fond of the FM Transmitter, since I can use it in my Car stereo very well and the output is not bad. Satisfactory. (1.5 hrs Trnsmitter cuts battery by .5 days = 1.5 days).
So far, I dont think the devide is as bad as some other describe. It hasnt given me a lot of problems so far(touchwood).