Nokia N9 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

8.0
7.7
7.8

> In reply to vishnu @ 2014-06-25 15:36 from ijhW - click to readApps not support .I cannot use other mobile apps.games.

• 2014-07-15 16:07
  • X}em

> In reply to MOOFIE @ 2014-06-24 12:00 from MfxH - click to readyou can find it at Tanzania

• 2014-07-15 11:21
  • N9LC
  • Sabbatismos-Nigeria
  • Rating0

It's good to still se praises showering on an almost there years old genius of a device-Nokia N9. It has always been good, as long as there's no mechanical damage. I know not of a phone so developer-friendly than the N9.
But we should admit that, since the maker is not interested in it anymore, it will only carry it's previous glory.
But huge thanks to developers.
Concerning the apps, N9 runs on MeeGo Harmattan OS, and does not officially support any application that is not .deb (debian).
So, nothing like android, windows, java+++ on N9.
But I tell you this: all that a normal phone user would need are available to the N9-thanks to Nokia and the independent developers.
The only concern is that, most of the apps are "unofficial" versions.
That is to say, the WhatsApp, Yahoo Messenger, Instagram...are neither made nor recognised and approved by these companies. So, conflicts in connectivity can occur occasionally.
This Was always the case with WhatsApp, until "Whatsup" (spelling correct) came up with a really stable version.
Great thanks to the developers.
Aside these, the phone is a palm-laptop, doing almost all basics.
Internet connection is fantastic (make sure you installs Nokia Links inside the phone), the Skype & Facebook inner chat applications are greater than fantastic. It copies pdf notes and paste elsewhere. It's Mozilla browser can has Adobe player capability and it's Internet Radio (tunein) is the best I ever knew.
I can't say enough, but for time and space.
I have a 16Gb magenta which I almost sold for want of money; thank God money came and my device was saved.
I will use the N9 until Lumia 930 proves to be better, cause I really don't know of a phone so handy and full of abilities like MeeGo.
You can always check http://maemo.org/community/app...ion-catalog/ for N9 current waves.
I must say that the difficulty of downloading some apps in the Nokia store is partly b/c Nokia is removing some apps, like the fantastic tunein Radio. N9 is just too good and enjoyable by those who aren't carried away by "the newest" phones in the market-many people like new new things.
What all users of N9 are in love with is the Swype typing pad-it's just too smooth. What a device!
Concerning installing android and other OS apps, you may need to "ubiboot" - enable the device, which enables you have about there different Operating Systems on the device-sounds too good?.
(How? Check: http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot.
Enjoy your N9! When it spoils, please honour it by literally burying it beneath the soil. It deserves my honour!
God bless the developers.

• 2014-07-15 09:43
  • ftKa

Just bought this timeless piece of mobile history, I am so fascinated with product design as with OS itself and in the same time angry with Nokia , this one was should and could be potentional game changer, imagine 2014 Meego phone...Microsoft by Nokia, no please

• 2014-07-12 21:33
  • gK{H

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-05 01:38 from MNx4 - click to readU can send music via bluetooth only from file manager.. Download it

• 2014-07-06 14:54
  • KFPK

Can I find Nokia N9 on eBay?

• 2014-07-06 06:58
  • CDEH

how does one send music tru bluetooth

• 2014-07-05 01:38
  • MNx4

> In reply to nileshbaria153 @ 2014-04-05 13:59 from rA%1 - click to readhello sir. can u plz tell me how to install android ics in n9... plz reply me at amanx34@gmail.com

• 2014-07-03 15:47
  • HsLD

I suspect that my phone might have a virus as it shows messages on wrong sender. and sent items vise versa.

• 2014-07-02 14:24
  • NaDx

and my too...

• 2014-06-27 07:59
  • SXpV

how to install android jelly bean in nokia n9?

• 2014-06-25 15:36
  • ijhW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-20 18:50 from v{uH - click to readCan be purchased on amazon.com.

• 2014-06-24 18:46
  • 4$M%

If anyone know the place where i can buy this NOKIA N9,please email mi at moofiejunia@gmail.com

• 2014-06-24 12:00
  • MfxH

can any one tell me where can i buy a reliable brand new nokia n9 please. this phone is a real legend of 2011. one of the most sweet time in my life. if there is any place i could buy please mail me. azmilkais@rocketmailcom

• 2014-06-20 18:50
  • v{uH

can any body tell me how to install jelly bean r other android software in it can i run android apps in iy....thanks

• 2014-06-19 20:36
  • 6Pak

> In reply to charlie @ 2014-06-17 04:07 from scdn - click to readWill Jolla run on my N9? Can we buy it in US soon?

• 2014-06-18 15:45
  • 4JpM

> In reply to TimmieTee @ 2014-04-19 22:30 from jerw - click to readNo wait for Jolla to be available for the US market (if you're on the US that is). Sailfish OS is everything Meego could have been if Microsoft didn't kill it off.

• 2014-06-17 04:07
  • scdn

> In reply to Yubaraj @ 2014-06-10 12:24 from 7w0G - click to readYes you can change the battery

• 2014-06-17 04:02
  • scdn

> In reply to mimi @ 2014-06-06 13:43 from iGRF - click to readPlenty of good deals on eBay

• 2014-06-11 10:19
  • NvTm

If the battery gets damaged than can we change the battery or just throw it in to the dustbin . . . . .

• 2014-06-10 12:24
  • 7w0G
Total of 12223 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N9.