Anonymous, 16 Oct 2010only 65k colours???
btw, how are the games and apps on this phone
thxit is true 65k, but if u look at it, you will say: 100k colors..;)
only 65k colours???
btw, how are the games and apps on this phone
We hope that, with MeeGo coming soon, the N900 become more energetic ( specially the battery life ).
KSL, 16 Oct 20101. Ringtone is very feeble and is not suitable for outside office use. I have tried all option... more1. If you live in noisy area enable vibration when you are outside. Loudness is comparable with other phones.
2. It is visible when you install additional app for that.
3. SMS are grouped together with other conversations (facebook chats...) by person, which is great for me.
4. Yes they are identifiable, unread messages are colored different. Maybe you use some buggy theme. For instance, if you use Digital Nature theme, unread messages are colored in orange, readed in white.
6. You couldn't because it is completely different approach than it is used for instance in Symbian. But you copy important messages into file (use FreOffice/Notes/Quicknote...). Also you can find any content inside conversations, contacts and calendar with app Scout.
7. Yes, they are listed by name, but also by date and time. So, the first one is from person who send you the most recent message etc. So, there is now way to overlook any new message.
8. It is possible to delete one by one massage, which can be painful job, but also it is possible to delete at once all massages from particular person.
9. Not in my case.
Rajesh Dwivedi, 16 Oct 2010Tanu it'a a amazing phone trust me on this.. I have gifted this to my girlfriend as well and i... moreRajesh Dwivedi, you should read better posts here, I already give the guide (to Praneeth) how to flash:
Finally, after rocking n900 for over 2months now, I can only say that the battery life is the only downside of this super gadget. Though the battery life is not very impressive for a heavy daily usage, it is certainly not the worst out there and there are many ways of optimising the battery life while in use. Every other aspect of n900 is simply an awesome experience. WOW! I'm so loving this super gadget.
tanu jassal, 16 Oct 2010can i get more info bout dis fone.. whether suits in hand of a gal.....???Tanu it'a a amazing phone trust me on this.. I have gifted this to my girlfriend as well and it actually looks good with her. I think u should go for this set.
can i get more info bout dis fone.. whether suits in hand of a gal.....???
Faz, 15 Oct 2010Hi Danveer, Many thanks for your reply.... yes i too agree n900 is a good phone, i saw the co... moreit did looked good. if you are interested in this, go for it and if you want some more options from where you can buy your phone, try looking and ebay as there are many options to choose from and its even safe to deal from ebay..:)
Hey guys i m in india and as it was told by u people that if i need skype on my phone, i need to flash it with th global frmware version. Guys plz help me telling how to do that, coz nokia care refused to do the global firmware flashing. Plz help me..
will nokia continuo their afford to develop more maemo 5 software in future? i will really love my N900 if nokia can make more software on it..
1. Ringtone is very feeble and is not suitable for outside office use. I have tried all options.
2. Battery life is not suitable for high user. Charge % is not visible.
3. SMS service is hopeless. Group formation and storing the group for future use is not possible
4. SMS is listed name wise. To know messages received today, have to go through all names
5. Read and unread messages are not identifiable
6. No folders to store important messages
7. Sent messages are listed name wise in different locations. I have many senders and receivers of messages and to see all ,I have to scroll down the screen instead of listing in other sets
8. Deleting takes to much time.
9. Gets hanged for few seconds while coming out after deleting messages
kolos, 12 Oct 2010I don't have clue what happened to you.
VLC is still in development. Icon is not displayed be... moreI got my lost videos. After browsing through all the folders, I found a strange thing. My .videos folder was empty and there is another .videos folder I found in .images folder which had all my files. I moved the files out of this folder to the original .videos folder and now they all are visible. I am not sure which application installation caused that shift.
But am happy to recover everything.
if you buy this phone its too expensive. .. the features of it is just like a computer. . . the computer is lesser cost. . . I don't like this phone. . .
Sleeper, 14 Oct 20102 os'es and still nothing succesfull by the ios4 ...nokia needs something new and original.sto... morebest mobile .. those who compare it with iphone are mad ! it have no comparision with any mobile .. ! i rate it 10 star out of 10 !!
zeeshan, 15 Oct 2010The New Nokia N900 is not is the value of the money s the battery is 1500mah but is not workin... moren900 has a 1320 mah battery... and battery life can only be so long with an always online device... if u want extended battery life buy additional batterys or order high capacity batteries from Mugen....
frank, 15 Oct 2010all guys should accept it . . this is the best phone i have ever used it. .i know its still un... moreNokia wud continue giving updates for maemo for another year at minimum....
Dont think MeeGo is an update to Maemo... its a different OS in a lot of aspects... Maemo wud still get updates...
frank, 15 Oct 2010all guys should accept it . . this is the best phone i have ever used it. .i know its still un... moreIts more finished than android if u wud check out an android device of same calibre...
And most of the apps are user created in maemo community which sometimes contains bugs which is not the fault of the OS.... bt there are fixes too..