Anonymous, 16 Sep 2009Do not buy the N900, We have power, Nokia has to understand that: **We drive the markert; **... moreyou must be retarded itouch is an mp3 player and n900 is.not a straight camera phone like n86 the phone is already.fast so stop your complaining
CAptiali$m, 16 Sep 2009First, I would like to say that I admire your admiration of being a concious consumer. You mak... moreThanks for the Feedback.
If really exist a conflict of interest in terms of OS you are fine. What you said is OK
But for the below specification there is no excuse at all:
Anonymous, 16 Sep 2009Do not buy the N900, We have power, Nokia has to understand that:
**We drive the markert;
**... moreFirst, I would like to say that I admire your admiration of being a concious consumer. You make valid points in terms of implementing certain hardware, however I think it is imparative that u must understand a couple things.
1. In regards to its processor, the ARM Cortex is very capable of operating the device with a considerable amount of work load. You must remember that it is assisted with a graphic processor as well, so the graphical work load is not primarly being on the main core. So its almost as if it is using a hybrid method of processing. Thus offering the highest performance without compromising the processor.
2. In regards to hardware, there are various factors that play a role in manufactures impementing hardware, liscence's, OS (Such as proprietary driver), and software compatibility. Its not easy to just say use certain hardware if the OS is not compatible with the hardware. So 'we' as consumers must assume that the may be a conflict of interest in the hardware or licence (Plus the Humming Bird processor is in process so it is like that Nokia may wait for higher performance without compromising familiarity with the hardware platform).
Amazing phone as per the specs...
much better than N97
cant wait for it to come out...
keno, 15 Sep 2009NOKIA, you just need to change to "Capacitive" ONLY.
just ONE. just change it for your customers. Why you ask just for that.
Believe Nokia can do better than that.
0v0, 16 Sep 2009after all these opinions & in general
DOES IT WORTH TO BUY N900????
Do not buy the N900, We have power, Nokia has to understand that:
**We drive the markert;
**We give the direction;
They can not sell the product and we buy actually they can sell what they want but if nobody buy they will not gonna sell and they will listen us.
Listen that product is not for all users is for a specific range of people that understand what the product can do. Nokia has number of the "N900" that they have sell to achieve their target.
If we do not buy and write what we want they will do for us:
1. Just spread as much as possible for the people be aware;
2. Get the specification that people is looking for but please do put an specification that does not make sense. Let me give you an example:
Nokia want to launch that product with 5 Mega Pixel camera should we agree with that. No.
Nokia has the N86 with 8 Mega Pixel camera so what is the reason for that product come with 5 Mega Pixel.
Another example the final ITouch has 64Gb the N900 has 32Gb why not 64Gb.
Another example is the processor look that 2 products:
Toshiba TG01 and HTC Leo will have:
Snapdragon 1 GHz processor
Why N900 will have just 600 MHz
ARM Cortex A8 600 MHz
Listen that is the specification that I am talk about you can see that is a better specification but is feasible.
So why Nokia did not Launch the product with that specification, because they want our money.
They will do like that. People that accept and does pay attention will buy:
1. The N900 with that specification;
2. The N910 with 8 Mega Pixel camera
3. The N920 with 64Gb
4. The N930 with Snapdragon 1 GHz processor
So in that case Nokia will make a lot of money and we will loose.
But we can change that.
Again that product is just for a small select group of people and Nokia know that, maybe they can sell some for other people but that number is not big.
The group that understand is the one that has the power.
So let combine our power and change that scenario.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970The N900 should be called N97M it means (N97 Maemo).
The product that suppose to is N820 with at least 64GB and at least 1.3 Mega Pixel WebCam.
This looks good. Uses same camera as N95/N82 i take? Would love it if it had xenon flash :(
I am more conserned about 600mhz cpu. Sounds good but for such large resolution, i'm not sure. Sure this have twice as fast cpu than N95/82 but it also have 5 times higher resolution.. which might make it slow.
It remains to see, but interesting high-end product.
ARZO, 16 Sep 2009Is anybody knows nokia n900 made in china/finland? in usa market? China and finland and shipped to everyone
dear GSM Arena team,
pls pls release your review on nokia N900.. your reviews are usually very good, unbias and comprehensive.. I can't wait to know what's the pluses and minuses of this beauty, thanks
Stubaw, 16 Sep 2009The screen 'size' is not the same. Sure it's 3.5" but the N900 has a 480p screen.You mean the screen resolution is different but the screen size is the same 3.5".
Anonymous, 16 Sep 2009That is exactly correct that device should not be called N900 because that means an upgrade of... moreThe screen 'size' is not the same. Sure it's 3.5" but the N900 has a 480p screen.
This is a well thought-out phone, and for me it ticks all the boxes that the iPhone falls short on.
-TACTILE QWERTY keyboard
-High quality video/photos
-Easier to develop Apps, less red tape (App Store)
shehroz, 15 Sep 2009yeah nokia rules nokia rock but what about the battery???? and the radio?????? what is this n9... moreThat is exactly correct that device should not be called N900 because that means an upgrade of N810. That device with 3.5" screen same as N97 should be called N97M (it means N97 maemo) so is the N97 with maemo OS.
Because the N900 has the same:
Anonymous, 15 Sep 2009What are the popular maemo apps for n900? Let me start with a list 1. firefox? 2.Opera?... moreThis phone has zero chance of running Open Office or most of those things on your list, it just doesn't have the power, even Netbooks struggle with some of them and they are far more powerful than this.