@pied piper & never mind,
Mates, this might interest you with regars to GPS http://www.gsmarena.com/google...news-373.php .
Hi, just a few questions,
1. it says in the review that the GPS does not support any 3rd party applicatiopns. Is this still the case or has it been changed?
2. it also say that i could download an office editor. does anyone no where from?
3. does anyone know of a torch i can download for this phone?
4. does anyone know of an application that allows me to password certain private files/folders?
1. I also have read this article about GPS non-3rd party support application because Nokia uses their own dedicated GPS receiver. But contradict to what I have found, Aspicore GSM tracker application using is compatible with N95. Pls visit here http://www.aspicore.com/en/tuo...er.asp?tab=2 .
2. N95-2 came with pre-installed Office Document Viewer. but for editing features, you'll need to purchase similar to this Office Document...see here http://www.allaboutsymbian.com..._Edition.php .
3. Torch is a Freeware that can be found here http://www.smartphoneware.com/...-product.php .
4. For securing your documents and other applications, you might want to try Advanced Device Manager. pls visit here http://www.webgate.bg/products/adl/ .
In general, you woudln't be able to install UNSIGNED sis file unless you acquire a certificate from Symbian Signed World. In the process of Signing you will be given a certificate based on your IMEI (This is sort of restriction). To know more about Signing in, pls visit here http://www.gosymbian.com/forum...ic.php?t=757 . OK mate, post your email and I will send you the UNSIGNED SIS file of RotateMe version 2.0 beta 4. Again you have to sign this sis file before you do the installation.
GPS is a navigating & guiding tool use to track down or pin pointing the location where you want to go to with the use of maps. For tracking other phone, i think you're going to need an application. See here http://www.aspicore.com/en/tuo...er.asp?tab=2 .
hey st_jeorge wats the difference btween signed and unsigned rotateme
Mate, in my opinion formatting memory card should be the last recourse. Just make sure you made a backup copy what's inside your memory card. For phone memory, in standby screen press #7370# (Hard reset which entirely erase all programs except for the pre-installed). You will be ask 1st for Securuty code before you can proceed! Again, make backup copy!
There's no way you can occupy the whole standby screen with an Image. This thing refers to WALLPAPER just like in the computer. Unless, you prefer to have your image set to as a SCREENSAVER! Pls note: The issue regarding the orientation of screensaver will remain in Landscape!
haha... i bet the nokia guys are hitting their foreheads: "dude... i can't believe we forgot the lens cover on the 8GB ones" "yea.. that's what we get for getting it done at 4am, look at the previous team on the N95, they had all month!"
@st_jorge - I would appreciate if you could
let me know how to set properly on how to record phone conversation with N95 8gb. Thanks for the help.
Thanks st_jorge.One of my friend have the old N95 and he did have that problem too.Should I formate the memory first befor use?
i think st_jorge is the rite person to ask,
dude plz help me man..like it seems ur the only 1 whos helpin 1000s of ppl everyday n i really am thnkful to u for tht..so ya wat ma prob is tht wen um puttin a pic as a backgorund..it doesnt cover the whole screen..the top part where theres the watch n date..n thn at the bottom theres the messeging n camera thing written..so how do i set a background tht evn covers those places? plz help..n um sorry for ma poor english :P..thnx in advance bro!
i've been using this fon 4 about a week now n i honestly have to say it's d best fon ever.. :) .. Camera quality is ACE.. I especially love the PhotoCall feature (Video ringtone). Above all, this fon is ACE.. Though bulky, Worth the penny.. Congrats NOKIA for this love N Series..
thank you so much. i should have figured that one out too because at first when i transferred my files onto my phone it had .jpg but i renamed it and it didn't have it anymore. although i thought it would still open seeing as i'm only renaming but i guess it needed it.
thanks heaps for helping me. much appreciated.
I have used many phones. N95 8gb>K850i>iPhone>Nokia 6300>N73>P990i>W900i>Motorola A1200>Sharp 902/903>Razr>Kazr....etc
N95 8gb has the most features and look very unique. The slide might get loose after a while, but it's already better than the original N95.If you don't plan to change your phone for a while, go for this one. Even you will change, it has good resell value.
can i locate another mobile's positons using gps .....and what is the the function of gps except it shows me where am i
Here a really useful application:
This link below is to amazon and they are selling brand new n95 sim free 8gb..What i want to know is is it real good buy or is their a catch like test models or genuine because this is the only way i will be able to affors one before xmas as its on prepay voda for £500,,these are £350 so any help would be much appreciated..thank you