there are few diffrences between the n95 and the n95 8 GB
- n95 has a memory slot
- n95 8GB doesn't
slight difference in the battery performance
- n95 Stand-by Up to 220 h,Talk time Up to 6 h 30 min
-n95 8GB Stand-by Up to 280 h,Talk time Up to 6 h
Aiken what do u think ?!!
Don't even consider the iphone if u have the budget for an N95. They dont even compare. The N95 is far superior.
Anyway, as an owner of an N95 origonal (the silver one), I gotta say this phone is solid overall... HOWEVER, the N95 8GB has a lot of design flaws when compared to the N95 origonal. I was considering selling my origonal N95 but now after seeing the new N95 i'm not going to do it. Why? It's for a number of reasons:
1) Nokia origonally promised an 8gb internal AND a card slot. Here we see only the internal. 8GB microsd cards (in the sdhc format which is supported by the N95) are slated to be released in december. Hello 8gb phone.... And i've always been of the removable media > internal mem camp anyway.
2) Nokia removed the lens cover on the N95 8Gb... WHY!??! The lens cover was one of the reasons i bought the N95. It's such a fantastic camera, i'll protect my lens... kthxbai.
3) Nokia made an already heavy phone even heavier. The N95 is 120g, which is comfortable for a smartphone, but still is heavy compared to many feature phones. Making the N95 8GB 8 grams heavier may seem insignificant, but my N95 already swings around a little too much in my shorts when i run. As it is, the N95 silver was at my absolute limit for phone weight. Now with the 8GB weighing even more...
4) Nokia increased the battery power of this phone... which honestly they should have done for the origonal N95. Hoewver, they also made the fatal mistake of also upgrading the processor. This means that, although the N95 black will have slightly faster performance, the battery life will be roughly the same (ie. not very good). The origonal N95 was NOT THAT SLOW. Most stuff was limited by the read and write speeds of the microsd u had in there... which i guess is sorta solved by having the memory internal, but upgrading the processor was really not needed. The added ram helps though.
5) The black is fugly! I love my silver/plum N95. Use it with the Nokia Nseries theme #3 and the whole thing looks very slick. This phone is... well... black.
just wait until this phone released then we can give a good comment >.<
how price old n95? i think n95 8Gb cool, but the price will high, so until it drop
hey guys , i forgot to tell u also, although the processor of that blacky one is faster than the silvery, but there is a Killer MISTAKE here , that is removing the Lens cover. I dunno how a 5 MP camera without a a lens cover. That made my mad. That is allto incrase space for battery. OHhh Damn, WHO HAS N95 SILVER , DON'T THINK ABOUT SELLING IT TO GET THE N95 8GB, U WILL REGERT THAT U HAVE DONETHAT.................
Silvery N95 is better than that Blacky one. The only advantage in it , is its battery which is 1200 mAh compared to the silvery one, which is 950 mAh. The 8GB memory is advantage according to capacity and disadvantage coz it is internal.When u r infected by a virus and decide to format , all data will be lost. Secondly the Silvery N95 is better designed espicially the front buttons. The media buttons are also better in shape and design. Last, even the N70, N73, N80 and N91 have black editions , the are really perfect. The design isn't changed at all. But here the Blacky colour didn't make u feel the shine of mobile opposing the silvery one. I have saw the mobile in Nokia Factories when i went to a trip with my nephew. So i advice for who wanna buy N95, I prefer Silvery one even not caring to that memory capacity. So now are you with me or against me ??????????
this new N95 8GB still wont have as good Audio Quality as the dedicated music phone the Nokia N91
this mobile is so good but ...
when the mobile have arrived !?
nokia n95 silver have a better design than n95 black (8gb)
btw for u US users , am not , I owned an N95 it had a quad band , UMTS ,EDGE & HDSPA .unfortunately mine got ruined when sunk deep into my cousins ranch's pool by the DEAD SEA so waiting for the new one hopefully it wouldn't be more expensive than the previous ...after using the N95 the N73 feels like shit . & black is my colour
I have the N93 wanted the N95, now where is this New N95 8GB available anyone know?
damn...the one that i've been waiting for....8GB , in black, all features..this is great.....does anyone know when this will come out ????
It's a damn good phone and everybody should go for this phone ,if you want to know what a phone shopuld have buy this phone and you will come to know the criteria to buy a phone
It's the most memorabble device in the planet today.
to Nokia fan: hey, well i WAS a nokia fan, all my phones are nokia, i have now a n91. and i bet i have more money than you, and i get tired of buying phones whit all that software problems, so i'm going to change to SE not because i don't have money, its because nokia is going down in the cuality/price
Sexy in Black! I'll have one please!
Going to get in touch with my regular Nokia dealer soon. :)
Is this is a phone or a PC with powerful camera? This is one realy multifuctional Phone! And the price will be multi :)
Any other phone can multitask, this phone is NOT a portable dvd player (that's when it's size would be a big joke) and Symbian doesn't make this phone special. I mean, SE just came out with a killer UI that's a very good solution to symbian's; system crashes, freezes, unreliability, and some times, their security. It either backfires on the user, or it leaves itself too vulnerable.
I agree about the lens cover, but it makes to difference. There's still that peice of plastic covering it, unless if you take the whole back cover off, there's nothing to protect it. Then it's just like Nokia's other phones. Only plastic, and even then it's designed/made/used poorly... Why can't they make plastic as good, hard and durable as SE?
Also, it says HSDPA, but engadget keeps whining on about this having no American or tri-band HSDPA support. Has anyone found a proper spec sheet on Nokia's uninforming website? You know, like how SE has it with the comparatives of their latest phones, and they have two versions, one for china and one for international and at the bottom they show what bands they have in GPRS/EDGE and UMTS/HSDPA?