harishan , 05 Apr 2010already did full charging till 8 hrs as first time but stilll same ya You must have a faulty battery, I use mine daily for fm transmitting my songs at work, and it last for ages. I also recommend when you get a new battery is to now and again let the phone lose all of it's charge (phone shuts down.) The preserves the battery cells.
[deleted post]Did you charge it for recommended time?
Also make sure you close apps. I get days from mine so maybe you have a faulty battery.
TMT, 03 Apr 2010i have a question for the n97 users.. 1. when i try to switch on my n97 it takes me 2 times... moreRegarding ray of light on picture, check the glass under your lens shutter for scratches.
I know a lot of people hate this phone but I love it. I especially like the built in FM transmitter, tune your radio and phone to same frequency and play all songs on phone through home/car stereo. Yes it can be slow sometimes but this has a lot to do with themes installed, use a basic theme and your phone will speed up x2.
Nice n smooth Touch........Well homescreen.......Do what u love..love what u do....
What is touchscreen about this phone and does it come with a stylus
n97 is a mega sophistcated phone!it's got all dat i want in a phone...I've got it already!
yb, 04 Apr 2010I am unable to tune any radio channels. can anyone help.Did you connect the headset controller? That acts as a radio antenna.
TMT, 03 Apr 2010i have a question for the n97 users..
1. when i try to switch on my n97 it takes me 2 times... morehi dude,
Look concerning the fm transmitter the phone should be above your car radio(close to the radio antena)
About the Battery life you should try to update your phone's firmware to the latest version by using the nokia software updater! also your memory problems will be solved hopefully!
Just before you update the phone, format it using this code *#7370#, and do it after you delete all your data from the mass memory! I had to do that when I had this phone and I formatted it twice before I did the update just to make sure that the new firmware will work flawlessly...
If this didn't help you out send it back to the nokia care center near you and tell them to give you a none defected one!
i have a question for the n97 users..
1. when i try to switch on my n97 it takes me 2 times to turn it on.first it turns on and a couple of seconds later it goes of and then turn it on again than it turns on completely.what shud i do?
2. my phone memory always shows low so i installed memory reorganiser from SW Update but it got installed and uninstalled only removing 4 mb's.now my phone memory is low again and i can install memory reorganiser.
3. fm transmitter is giving distortion on my car radio.it cant transmit while i put n97 beside the gear shift bow but it works when i place it on the back seat. need help!!
4. when i take snap shot in the dark using flash there becomes a white ray at the left side of the pictures.what should i do to prevent it.its destroying my pictures.
5. my battery backup is really low like using n97 for abt 5 to 6 hrs it shows low battery.my wifi,bluetooth is off and sim mode is not on 3g but on GSm.what seems to be the problem
PLZ HELP ME GUYS. I WUD REALLY APPRECIATE IT
Currently using two phones as this (N97) acts as my primary/work mobile... I love the functions on this phones, especially the Ovi Mail... the slide-qwerty keyboard feels solid (unlike the nokia 6800 in the past), but I do prefer the 6800's positioning of the keyboard as well as the key-board size and layout, I find the qwerty keyboard a tad bit small and tend to press the "Sym" but when trying to press the "Fn" key (could be my fingers are a little stubby)...
I have to admit sometimes the phone lags a little (my other phone's the 5800) compared to the 5800 (guessing it's due to the more advance programs and display of homepage)... even the camera takes a much longer time to process the image captured compared to the 5800 (was cursing this aspect earlier when I had missed a few really good shots at F1)...
Overall, I think it's a phone that's worth getting, and think it's a brilliant business phone...
adamthegigante, 03 Apr 2010can we upgrade ram?what do we need to improve speed?An upgrade in ram might come in a software update,then speed would come as well.
I Had my N97 hard reset maybe cause of my songs from limewire might have been causing me some problems and the guy updated my software to ver 21. Now my N97 is quicker and better.
No more limewire for me.I rip my cds now and put artwork on them and load them onto my phone.