I had this phone for 6 years and it sucks.
I have the secret coding to turn this nokia into a samsung, but it never works because the functionality is limited to simulating mario bros and illegal nintendo roms. Other than the obvious flaws, this phone can be modded to accept the Xbox360's wireless controller. Any other opinions are irelevant and misleading, trust no-one.
Kevin, 14 Apr 2009Does the N97 work on American 3G networks?not yet they haven't got the US 3.5G band yet for this
:( i'm waiting as well man
Anonymous, 14 Apr 2009Brown N97 should be compared to dogt*rd!People compare already to the iphone and N96 so it is
Anonymous, 14 Apr 2009Brown N97 should be compared to dogt*rd!what colour do you prefer?
Anonymous, 14 Apr 2009N97 should be compared to netbook!Brown N97 should be compared to dogt*rd!
AE86, 14 Apr 2009I found this site that pretty much shuts up any IPhone user...N97 rules!!
http://thenokian9... moreThe iPhone has component video out the N97 doesn't.
The iPhone 3G supports any 3.5mm headset maybe you should check the changes made from the original iPhone.
Including the iPod Touch there are well over 30 million devices using iPhone OS they will all be upgradable to the 3.0 version when it's released, there are nowhere near that number of devices using Symbian S60 v5, the 5800 is the only one so far.
i cannot wait this phone..............im here in dubai right now waiting for this phone...... i think this phone is the best one!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous, 14 Apr 2009Why don't you calm down and get yourself a Nokia E65 then you can video call...
...hang on,... morei own 6233. who said it cannot make videocall? go to videocall menu (it has this menu) and then turn the back camera facing your face. do video callling. your mate will get heart jump watching your bVtt h¤le....
Rik, 14 Apr 2009Clearly the N97 is far superior to the Iphone. But hey lets be honest here. Nothing even com... morecharge using your own skin? lol
is that the APRIL FOOLS from all about symbian? haha
OMNIA HD is good
n97 is good
they are two different devices.
OmniaHD = more on Video record/playback/mulitmedia
n97 = more on Internet applications (mini netbook)
AE86, 14 Apr 2009I found this site that pretty much shuts up any IPhone user...N97 rules!! http://thenokian9... moreClearly the N97 is far superior to the Iphone. But hey lets be honest here. Nothing even compares to the Omnia HD. Do i need to remind you of the specs? Plus the phone charges using the electrons from your skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry everything is just 2 steps behind.
1. When Nokia announces the CPU?
2. Multitouch-like Games by Jamie Fuller is already out, that means Nokia can implement the similar idea to N97 Virtual keyboard to aid the typing speed? add the web browser/Photo to zoom? Apple multitouch steals from other company, why not Nokia? Nokia cant ignore the multitouch on their device, it is always a dissapointment! anyway, I can live without multitouch interface.
3. Brown color of n97 is the most wanted! is the plastice hard enough, scratch -resistant and not glossy? i hate the glossy plastic surface of 5800 plastic body!
4. E90 has a nice quality build, hard plastic and scratches-resistant!!
You not sacrifice any big and small features (even a little useful things like Fm radio, File browser, Loud Speaker, Removable battery, Real media file, WmV, Divx(Soon to Come), Themes....)
If you can live with the 2Mp, front camera, and other little things above, it is a good phone.
Anonymous, 14 Apr 2009true, they have no answer to 6600. multitasking and proper bluetoothYes, u are so true. OMG, even the old good 6600 can SEND MMS and VIDEO RECORDING, JAVA etc. Such a helpless phone iPhone is. Even if in Software 3.0, how many the resolutions and fps of the iPhone video recording? Sub-QCIF 15 FPS I think good at iPhone. LOL
Anonymous, 14 Apr 2009Why don't you calm down and get yourself a Nokia E65 then you can video call... ...hang on,... moreShut up! Those only that some of Nokia phones that doesn't have videocall cam. Look at N73, N79, N81, N82, N85, N95, N96, E66, E71, E90. That's all have secondary cam! While ur iSh!t? All of two phone they have, no videocall cam. OMG that so helpless
so its confirm, this phone will carry TI OMAP 3. it should have been the Qualcomm snapdragon, to bad it doesn't support symbian flatform at the moment only linux and winmo .. no wonder why Nautilus will run linux because Nokia will put snapdragon on it and it will be due Q1 next year.
I found this site that pretty much shuts up any IPhone user...N97 rules!!
Here are my reasons as to why the N97 beats the iPhone.
1. The N97 has a display resolution of 360*640 compared to the 320*480 resolution of the iPhone 3G. This allows better display of videos, pictures and browsing the web, etc.
2. The N97 has a hardware QWERTY keypad whereas the iPhone only has a on-screen keyboard. The hardware keyboard is bigger, provides a better and faster typing experience.
3. The 3.5mm audio jack is compatible with all headphones but the 3.5mm jack on the iPhone only supports selected headphones.
4. The N97 has 32GB of built-in memory compared to 8/16GB of the iPhone. The memory of the N97 can also be further expanded by using microSD cards, but the iPhone’s memory cannot be expanded.
5. The N97 allows exchange of files and A2DP through Bluetooth, but the iPhone has only headphone support.
6. The N97 is equipped with a 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, sual LED flash and autofocus. The iPhone camera is only 2 megapixel, lacks a flash and autofocus.
7. The Nokia N97 has video recording of 30fps at VGA resolution while the iPhone doesn’t have it at all.
8. The N97 has a secondary front camera for video-conferencing, the iPhone lacks this.
9. The N97 has a removable battery, but the iPhone has a non-removable one. Thus, the battery is easy to be replaced by yourself; but you have to send it to a service centre for the iPhone.
10. The N97 runs on Symbian S60 5th edition which is a more popular OS than Apple’s OS ,and thus, there are plenty of 3rd party applications, etc, available.
Rinker, 14 Apr 2009Pathetic Apple! Even after 2 years they still don't have an answer to old Nokia 6680. Lol, loo... moreWhy don't you calm down and get yourself a Nokia E65 then you can video call...
...hang on, make that a Nokia 6233 that's a 3G phone you can video call...
..hmmm, that doesn't have it either, Nokia 6500 Classic...
...damn what is it with all these Nokia 3G phones that don't do video calls?
What do you think of them, mate?