i like it and i will buy it but i need money and agree from my parent!!!!!!!!
N97 Vs X6
Processor : Both has same ARM 11 434 MHz processor,but x6 has more phone memory.so compared to n97, x6 is "bit" faster.
Touch screen : X6 WIN !!! It has capacitive touch screen, n97 resistive touch.
Camera : Both have same camera. No difference.
Keypad : N97 WINS !!! N97 has analog Full qwerty keypad which is very useful for IM Chating office,texting,emails...etc...
[Also N97 got plus on its FM transmitter,Full preintalled Document viewer(including PDF),Handwriting recognition...etc]
[Still X6 is stylish and Handy has almost all the main features of N97]
[(In India) Compared to X6, N97 is bit pricy...
N97 : 18000+ INR, and X6 16 GB : 15300-15800 INR.]
Compared with X6,N97 has qwerty keyboard and FM transmitter which are considerable advantages but X6 got capacitive touch screen which is far better than the N97 resistive one also X6 is bit faster than N97,so considering the price difference also,by my personal opinion go for "Nokia X6".
I have this phone and it is great. I had to send my first one back, however once I got a new one, it was great. Still have the odd software issues, for example freezing, camera not working, getting booted off internet, but the main applications such as calling and texting and listening to music are great. I love the memory size, and have movies and sings on my phone, and feels that 16gb is just right for someone like me.
Overall, the phone isnt perfect, but it works and I'm happy. Hope this helps!
i have been using X6 for last 1 month.Among the touch generation from Nokia, X6,N8 got the Top score for its CAPACITIVE Touch screen...
1. Capacitive touch screen. touch screen is smooth,highly sensitive,precise and can type easily.you can use your thumb effortlessly.[We can not use any Pointed STYLUS pen because of the capacitive touch screen.. no problem thumb is enough!].
2. Good phone memory.. Total 304.5 MB, in which we can have around 250 MB for our use.It is Fast memory also enough room for software installation, So that overall performance also Better.[Low software Crash,Faster Operation than 5800,5230,5233..]
3. 16 GB Mass Internal memory.Enough room for Music,video etc.This memory can access faster Than Micro SD memory so performance increased.[Which can give you an excuse for "NO MEMORY CARD" problem :)]
4. Scratch resistive body and brighter duel LED Flash(Brighter Than 5800).
5. Stylish and Handy.
6. Loaded with connectivity (except micro SD) and other facilities ( GPS, WLAN..... 5800 also has all these facilities but lacking 5 MB cam,16 GB internal, and Capacitive touch screen ).
7. Good video recording, and sound clarity.
1. ARM 11 434 MHz CPU (same old processor which used in Nokia 5235,5233,5530,5230,5800.....performance is increased only because of the Phone Memory, and RAM.)
2. No FM Transmitter.(cheaper N79,N78 has it.)
3. "Not Bad" cam quality on low light.(on low light,without flash, noises are appear on image,flash is Good, but overall "NOT BAD performance"[6/10]).(Compared to other 5800,5530 cam is improved because of 5 MP camera sensor).
4. Image Gallery still bit slow.(Faster than 5800,5230).
5. No build in PDF reader.(Even 5800 doesn't has,but X6 come up with Quick office viewer).(can done through 3rd party software).
6. Cant charge through MicroUSB Port.(not also in 5800,5230..etc...N97 has it).
7. No micro-SD card slot.(16 GB can compromise almost).
Overall : If your looking for good touch screen phone from Nokia with decent features go for Nokia X6.(If you cant effort to buy an Nokia N8, N8 is the BEST EVER touch phone from Nokia !).Otherwise go for 5800 (But as my personal interest Capacitive touch screen is far better than resistive one).
[deleted post]n97 mini is around Rs 18,000 and x6 is around 15,700. go 4 X6. gr8 phon, xellent camera nd sound quality
I just got my X6 16GB updated to version 21.0.004.
The usability improved so much! The phone responds quick! Music player loaded album art quick and the browser was also improved!
Great phone! I'm loving it!
this goes out to those who own a x6.
guys, the ovi store has got a respectable number of apps but they dont have much charm/usability.
posts website links from where you download app/games/theme/other stuff for your x6 here so that everyone can get more out of their phone.
Kiran, 17 Jul 2010My Dear Friend where did you get this tweak software for you mobile X6 which Improve sound &am... morem sorry friend..forgot the name of the software.hehe
anyway, u can google it by using any keywords related on how to improve image quality of x6 or smething else.juz remember that the software is not hack your phone.u can uninstall it anytime if u feeling uncomfortable with changes made by the software.i suggest u to read all the comments related to the software b4 u installing it on your phone.
Hi Friends, can anyone say what are the video file types that X6 can play.. and also in what folder shud i save d files in mass memomry of the mobile?? pls help me asap... thanks....
if u want buy a nokia x6 , go to buy, because have no problem on the phone , no problem sofware or any , is sooo goood
nokia user, 17 Jul 2010Difference in Camera pixel TV out capacitive touch screen where as 5800 is resistive. ... moreThx sir for you information but N8 will be much expensive set because it is 12 mega pixel so I prefer to buy Nokia X6 as I have already been used Nokia 5800 also I can buy Nokia N97 Mini as both the prizes are same now i m much confused for which mobile I should go for either Nokia X6 or Nokia 97 Mini which one should I go for??? Nokia N8 I love that set but starting it will be very expensive I believe what do you say on this sir ?
i'm so satisfied with my phone...bought it yesterday and kept on exploring today. Great phone! and i'm in love with it..i made the rite decision!
snjsnjds, 16 Jul 2010i am confused between x6 and n97mini i have to use it for at least 2 yearsgo for N97 mini
Kiran, 17 Jul 2010Mr. Ramesh I would like to think diffrent that is why I have asked my question that I was usin... moreDifference in
capacitive touch screen where as 5800 is resistive.
touch screen is very good.
scratch resistance proof.
16 GB internal storage no memory card.
More stylish look and very handy set.
If you are buying 5800 then go for X6 if you have 5800 then go for other set like N8 comming soon.
ramesh, 17 Jul 2010what i reply u .u think Nokia and u take Nokia.think different ok Mr. Ramesh I would like to think diffrent that is why I have asked my question that I was using Nokia 5800 so If i buy Nokia X6 will it give diffrence? Will i able to enjoy more then Nokai 5800 or No & what is the diffrentiate between Nokia 5800 & Nokia X6 kindly explain.
I was using Nokia 5800 for more then a year now I have sold out due to it was fallen down from my hands on the tiles & I sold out so now If I but Nokia X6 will I be able to enjoy it more then nokia 5800 or it is same like nokia 5800 only the diffrence is camera only or any other things are there ?
Please share withe me ??????