O2 XDA Orbit - user opinions and reviews

O2

6.9
7.0
6.8

I just ordered mine and i should have it in about a day or two. Was told that it does have tomtom6. Will let you know if they lied!!!

• 2006-11-27 22:13
  • mnX%

Stubtoe - O2 stores were not allowed to sell them on Friday due to an error with the pricing . The till systems were saying it was free to everyone

• 2006-11-27 20:34
  • nFgd

Mant: Got it direct from my local O2 shop on Saturday morning. I tried to get in on Friday night but even though they had them in stock they wouldn't give me one.

I haven't used Skype much before so wouldn't know about that sorry. Is it worth installing and if so do you need a PDA version?

It doesn't seem that sluggish at all, better than the O2 mini s, but as before it does slow down when a lot of applications are open.

• 2006-11-27 18:12
  • n5Kt

@ stubtoe: Could you let us know where you where able to buy the handset from in the UK? Was it direct from o2? Also have you tried Skype on it at all, what's the overall performance of the phone like, is it sluggish? The 200Mhz worries me a bit on this phone.

• 2006-11-27 17:28
  • mHhH

Just got one yesterday. Great phone/pda. Had the mini s b4 and this is much better as its just a lot smaller and fits in my pocket better.

One problem though. Its marketed by o2 as having 'GPS' yet it doesn't come with the tomtom software that the germany o2 orbit does. Why not??? Why can't o2 UK include this rather than us having to buy it seperately...

• 2006-11-26 20:40
  • m5Eu

Only avail on contract - As much as 239.99 to free. 35 a month tariff gets the phone for 50

• 2006-11-25 20:26
  • nFcd

Great phone, just a shame its not 3G, would have made it one of those all rounders!

• 2006-11-25 18:24
  • S35r

Arriving with O2 stores end of this week, I've seen my delivery sheet, said it was dispatched on the 22nd Nov!

• 2006-11-23 18:30
  • mXxJ

Hi Khalid I'm looing to get the XDA Exec, would you recommend it? And do you use it with any SatNav software and if so how well does it work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks.

• 2006-11-22 16:16
  • m9$Z

I have the XDA exec and not sure if I should upgrade to the orbit. The XDA Zinc is ot in January and I like the look of that. The lack of procesessor power puts me off the orbit, considering my exec has a 520 mhz engine.

• 2006-11-21 15:50
  • TtZa

Think long and hard about choosing O2 over Eten X500 or the Asus P535! Some will tell you this O2 is pretty nice and perhaps that O2 fan can be satisfied with its adequate hardware meeting their current average use.

However, as someone else had reviewed and was honest enough to allude to the HTC's poor battery selection for things like wi-fi and its mediocre 200Mhz not being suited for multitasking apps, the rest of us who will need more power can look over to other choices like the mentioned Eten Glofish X500 with a better 400Mhz processor (without overclocking) and 1530mAh battery or the Gigabyte g-Smart i300 with a 520Mhz processor, 256MB memory (double the amount of its competitors Orbit and X500) and supposedly has a spare battery included. Though specs are specs, will wait for head to head comparisons like that benchmark on http://babelfish.altavista.com...ish_x500.htm and then can decide.

Oh yeah, you might at first be attracted to that cute glowing RollR (TM) trackball that O2 and HTC are marketing but again over time will you really be up to maintaining its cuteness.

Now if only the Eten Glofish M700 (X500 with qwerty keyboard) rumours were true and available now for review ...

• 2006-11-21 13:59
  • QUau

Over the months i've swung from BENQ P51 > HTC P3600 then finally settling on the ETEN X500, then just as the handset comes available at Expansys I stumble across this gem!

After a few mins surfing I found a great comprehensive review on the Orbit for anyone interested in reading up on this device and its performance. Link> http://www.4winmobile.com/view....php?p=42938 Overall a great review with pics and hardly any mention to its lack of performance, it seemed to handle GPS tasks very well, expected bad camera performance and great battery life. Sadly the 200mhz puts me off a little (is that 200mhz 3 core CPU post on page 3 a joke or fact?)and the review doesn't cover Skype usage, no mention of it in the applications screenshot in the ;inked review either so it might not be an embedded application. Again im torn between phones, what with the new Orange M700 also 'coming soon' and Orange France claiming it has GPS enabled. If this is true I could be swinging again over to the M700, else I'll live without Skype and go with the Orbit.

• 2006-11-19 12:59
  • mHhH

Is it worth to buy Orbit. Please give me feedback on the performance. please

• 2006-11-16 07:41
  • 2SVg

What the function of GPS in Orbit.

• 2006-11-16 07:39
  • 2SVg

Don't judge the processor speed too soon!! Intel PXA 270 @ 520Mhz not necessarily faster than TI OMAP 850 @ 200Mhz
(higher clock speed = shorter battery life)

We will have to see the working phone to know, but having lived with the unltra-slow Nokia N73 I would have preferred more spped and less battery life myself.

Certaily looks better than the HTC P3300

• 2006-11-13 17:55
  • NPJ2

Tnks UPDAQuest, I think E-Ten X500 run on 400MHz while Autom Exec is running on 520MHz! that was my question on this Orbit. However, Alan is right, why didn't PDA companies produce what the user like us want?? like 256K colors, 3. Mpixel cam, 1.3 GHz speed, 4GB external mem extendable and the internal mem should at least 1GB and above!!!
I know some time we go no choice but take all these scraps use for tem..

• 2006-11-13 02:43
  • mqEA

O2 are still saying sometime in november.

• 2006-11-12 15:01
  • TkN3

This looks like a great phone and im looking forward to getting mine. Be good to see how good the tomtom 6 is.

• 2006-11-11 16:35
  • nFe0

If you want to watch videos buy a dvd player. Its a phone and i cant remember one like it. Ive the mini s and its got to be the next step

• 2006-11-11 14:40
  • S35r

it has the chip you are talking about

• 2006-11-11 00:41
  • nse7
Total of 619 user reviews and opinions for O2 XDA Orbit.