Well guys I have spent 3 weeks with the oneplus one and here is my experience with the phone so far:
1. Camera is pretty good, although the looks of the camera UI are quite dated. The dual-LED flash is not as powerful as I expected it to be, but still brighter than the sony xperia sp that I had before.
2. The cyanogenmod user interface is just awesome. I have always been a fan of the stock android interface and the customization options just make it even better.
2. The preloaded cyanogen gallery app sucks somewhat. I tried selecting the option to edit the photo but no photo editor would open. I ultimately downloaded the Nexus Gallery app from play store and disabled the cyanogen gallery.
3. The file manager also simply sucks. It doesn't have a cut/paste option. There is a 'copy' option but it simply creates a second copy of the file in the same directory itself. Again I downloaded File Commander app from play store because of this.
4. Performance of the phone on the default Dalvik runtime and the 'interactive' CPU governor was just average. Several transition effects were stuttery, and basic apps like settings took 2-3 seconds to load (multitasking wasn't an issue though). It felt as if I'm using a moto g with snapdragon 400 instead of a phone with snapdragon 801. I finally changed runtime to ART (via developer options) and set CPU governor to 'performance' to get the performance I expected from a snapdragon 801 (the phone might become a bit unstable by changing runtime but so far my phone rebooted itself only once so such reboots are very rare I guess).
5. After fiddling with the CPU modes and stuff I'm sure battery life would be a little worse than before but for me it has not been an issue at all. The phone lasts for a day atleast with heavy internet usage, an hour of asphalt 8 and frequent use of whatsapp, instagram and facebook and some 2 hours of listening to music.
6. The phone does tend to get overheated while charging (after modifying runtime and CPU settings) and temperature goes up to around 42°C but charging speed itself is pretty quick so that is again not an issue. The phone goes from 0-100% in about one and half hour so that is also fast enough.
Hope this review helps all everyone out there.
How long does it takes to receive invitation for an indian??
elvis6400, 02 Feb 2015I just received an invitation to purchase the 64gb variant of this model but I already spent t... moreyou definitely made a big mistake because there is no better phone than this one at this price range
the screen turns light yellow if you press on the screen with your finger. the internet connection sometimes automatically stops working. you have to turn the phone off & then back on which wastes time when you're busy & one the go.
I want to warn other potential customers about the OnePlus phone which I bought in December 2014 & was using it for about 2 weeks. One issue is several times within this short 2 weeks, the internet connection would just stop working, so I had to turn the phone off for a few minutes & then back on & then it would resume the internet. (I had iphones & android phones before & this problem rarely came up.) Second major issue is their customer service is email only (which takes 1-2 days for then to reply to me). My charger cable became damaged beyond repair. My request email got answered by different reps which gave me inconsistent response & none of them allowed me to buy a new replacement charger cable. Their policy is they only include ONE cable with each phone purchase. The customer cannot buy another cable for whatever reason. Ridiculous policy! Bad customer service is not acceptable.
I just received an invitation to purchase the 64gb variant of this model but I already spent the money on another phone ;(
Chinese Vs Global review
china one good or not bcoz original one is very hard to find. kindly reply my comment.
I need a speedy reply before I decide to buy Oneplus One.
What is the difference between the Global version and the Chinese version of the Oneplus One?
Please send me a good comparison so that I can make a decision.
Is the Global version available in India (Channai - Madras)
rav, 01 Feb 2015is "OnePlus One" support USB OTG1+1 better and yes otg supported
Best phone ever.
Never freezes, batterly life is amazing. Should cost more than the iPhone 6plus and all its predecessors put together.