Oppo Find 7a - user opinions and reviews

Oppo

8.1
8.0
8.1

> In reply to mrG @ 2014-11-19 02:09 from RJis - click to readThere's already an downloadable ColorOS2 based on Android Kitkat just go to oppo forum site for more details :)

• 2014-11-20 09:49
  • t7uc

Best phone i have ever used...Its great phone to be used

• 2014-11-19 15:52
  • 2SQb

im very much interested to buy oppo.its an awesome piece dat i hv seen evewr.guys just rock the china brand like oppo.with great specs and model

• 2014-11-19 06:07
  • utx1

> In reply to ella @ 2014-10-19 07:49 from YTyx - click to readNo regrets since I bought it when it first launched a few months back. Had some glitches with software but now working well. I have used +40 phones all different brands including ios. So far for battery life, none to beat Lenovo S930, I use it mainly for reading, lasts for days, very happy with it. I used my Oppo fine7a to take photos and video on my Europe holidays, beautifully taken especially in super HD mode. Many of my friends saw it and bought the new Oppo fine7. Very happy with it. One problem though, when is the update to Kitkat going to materialize? Lollipop is already here. Hope to see lollipop on my Oppo soon........

• 2014-11-19 02:09
  • RJis

It's an owsome phone ever used. Bcos it has an amazing battery backup & camera quality.really loved it.......but am waiting for kitkat upgradation

• 2014-11-17 20:19
  • uvwg

> In reply to shri080 @ 2014-09-06 14:21 from ut9{ - click to readhow are you going to update the camera app? by the way, any suggestion of a camera app that will works best in find 7a?

• 2014-11-14 10:34
  • v0qx

> In reply to Ryan04 @ 2014-11-04 08:24 from nCiv - click to readAre the 3rd party headphones made for Android or iPhone? If for iPhone, the buttons won't work, but headphones and microphone still should (tried VModa Remix, which specifically states Made for iPhone/iPad).

But Sony "Android headset" works properly, at least in my case.

Using 4.4.2 OS update, never tested in JellyBean though.

• 2014-11-05 18:05
  • sGxQ

Hi everyone I just bought my find7a a week ago and I am loving it. VOOC charging is awesome. Great camera front and back more impressively that it captures 50mp. I use mine for playing games,listening to music, heavy messaging, youtube, phone calls, awesome stereo speaker, and my battery last for a day and a half. Screen display is crisp and clear.
Never thought of a China brand would come this far. Hoping these new small companies will come up and continue with new ideas and offer much better specs for a reasonable price than those over expensive Apple devices, Samsung, HTC. This phone will definitely give Apple, Samsung a run for their money.

one thing I noticed though, Mine does not work properly with 3rd party accessory : earphones : I hope this can be resolved with an update.

Everything else is close to perfect no lag, speedy processor. Best smartphone I had so far. Works great in Dubai.

• 2014-11-04 08:24
  • nCiv

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2014-10-24 15:33 from 0UjN - click to readThe reason why the Find 7 has worse battery life with the bigger battery is because the screen resolution is higher (qHD) with more pixels and thus more energy hungry. It's in the review for the Find 7.

• 2014-11-02 16:25
  • 0d{A

turning off your LTE and using the H+ give significant increase in battery life. if you can live without 4G LTE like me then this is a great for battery life. H+ speeds in singapore is fast anyways. streaming is no problem

• 2014-10-28 03:00
  • TRG@

How does this version has a better battery life than the one with 3000 mAh? Anyway both have a weak battery.

• 2014-10-24 15:33
  • 0UjN

Updated to KitKat and I am not particularly thrilled about it.

While the update process (alas manual) went smooth, I am less than thrilled by the iPhone lookalike OS.

Basically, the app drawer is gone, so all apps you download get dropped straight into the main pages, and it's hard to move them around. No reshuffling of pages, which is just as stupid as iOS, with difference that KK has Widgets, which some of need complete pages to accommodate, so it does not work very well.

Overall, JB was sleeker and I somewhat regret upgrading.

• 2014-10-23 09:52
  • inET

Been using my oppo7a for 4mths now... loving it so far. Great battery life, no lag, great camera (but nt gd to take very close object, but brilliant taking in low light environment), great spec. Much better than my previous samsung and LG. China phones are affordable, you pay what u get,certainly not overpriced like some korean brands. Ppl dislike made in China phones l, come on,ppl. Most big brand all made in China.

I'm a supporter of China brands. Tried redmi as well, it's great too. Redmi-->oppo --> ???. Maybe lenovo and huawei soon. Lenovo a806 seem so tempting with affordable price and great spec... hehe

• 2014-10-19 07:49
  • YTyx

> In reply to denise @ 2014-10-09 13:33 from IVRP - click to readBuy Find7 battery. That will give you extra 10% or so.

Else get a Greenify or similar battery saving app.

Don't expect miracles with any of those, though, as the CPU in it is still a beast and this is LTE phone, which by default burns through battery.

• 2014-10-09 17:14
  • 2xxp

Just bought my oppo find 7a a week ago. So far so good, one of the best smartphone brand I've ever used. My previous phones were HTC and Samsung which I find them horrible (sorry). Oppo is soooo smooth(no lag) and the camera is pretty good. I can finally take nice selfies :) Color OS is my current fav!
The only downside is the battery life is not that long. It lasts me around a day or so just because i'm not a very heavy user (just twitter, fb, insta from time to time) The battery drainage is fast but no worries cuz it charges very very fast too I'm amazed!
Anyway, anybody knows how to improve find 7a's battery life? pleaseeee :))

• 2014-10-09 13:33
  • IVRP

> In reply to seNgoku @ 2014-10-06 13:50 from tueY - click to readNo. It is not sealed.

• 2014-10-09 11:09
  • sGxj

Its that oppo find7a can waterproof???

• 2014-10-06 13:52
  • tueY

its that oppo find7a can waterproof???

• 2014-10-06 13:50
  • tueY

Good performance. Very interesting with camera. Very nice

• 2014-10-05 22:56
  • 25FG

> In reply to denise @ 2014-09-27 10:10 from IVRW - click to readMuch longer than Find7, especially when you put the Find7 battery in it (yes, you can).

But that said, battery life is not spectacular and is barely half of the Sony XPERIA Z2 which is the longest lasting phone I have.

I need to admit though that despite that I've never ran out of juice during the day. VOOC charger also helps, which is unbelievably fast, so a quick pit stop gives you hours more battery life.

• 2014-09-27 16:18
  • 2xKq
Total of 199 user reviews and opinions for Oppo Find 7a.