Oppo Find 7a - user opinions and reviews

Oppo

8.0
7.9
8.0

> In reply to deen @ 2015-01-18 11:07 from KZ8C - click to readnot true...ive a find 7a, video recorder is very good for me...!

• 2015-01-24 04:46
  • 7Xug

> In reply to Greatphones @ 2014-12-22 23:15 from v0qx - click to readdude you should send that to a service center asap while it still has warranty. it shouldnt be like that.

• 2015-01-22 02:38
  • P@Yb

Video recorder verry poor

• 2015-01-18 11:07
  • KZ8C

find 7a needs os update.
for battery performance.
Some software is running slow sometime.
screen off gesture response is slow.

• 2015-01-15 10:22
  • X}65

> In reply to sango @ 2014-07-15 05:01 from 7jVZ - click to readHow did you transfer apps to sd card?

• 2015-01-01 15:07
  • v0qZ

The KK (ColorOS 2.0) can be downloaded from Oppo forums, and at least the version I am using has no issues with front or back camera, nor does it have any yellow cast, or drops of signal, or overheating or... any issues other than FireFox stopping a minute or so after opening it.

Battery life seems no different than in 1.0, nor does anything else.

I don't see it particularly snappier than on JellyBean, but yes, I was annoyed from the beginning about the missing Apps drawer. But now see that many manufacturers are moving to a single layer, like iOS. On the other hand the only limitation of this is that you can't just "hide" useless junk that comes preloaded on the phone which you never use but don't want to delete. You can move it to the last page, but can't really "hide" it into app drawer.

Got used to it by now, but it did irritate me badly from the beginning.

As for heating, never noticed it, but do note that I am not a gamer.

I expected it to cook when recording 4K video like Xperia Z2, but it did not.

The biggest flaw (which is possible to resolve by yourself) is the app storage limit to a relatively small partition, since it's so that some apps do not like to get installed on SD card, hence someone who plans to install lots of apps may wish to reconsider purchase, or risk of repartitioning the internal storage.

The second biggest flaw is the much touted beautify mode, which has no adjustment option for the effects, hence making you look like ET.

The cameras (both) are very good in good light (better than Sony's, I dare say), but do suffer from hit and miss focusing, heavy blurring from noise reduction, and are overall useless when taken at night by hand. However if you could fix the camera and take long exposure, ISO and shutter settings are available (first in settings wheel at the top, the second on ... in circle at the bottom of the interface - under slow shutter), which in ISO 100 and long exposure (up to 32 seconds) produces some D-SLR challenging shots.

Now to OTA of KK... it is in the works, but it would be best to browse through the forums, to get news on that. While I would prefer to use an official release than "stable beta" that I do now, I can't say I am at all disappointed with the way Oppo is handling this. It's far better than Asus, which released updates, then pulled them, then rereleased them, just to break everyone's phones, and pull them back again... Sometimes you just should not cave into demands from the public to release something that's not ready, and Oppo's decision to give it to those of us who want it but are willing to accept that it may not be perfect, and only give it to the rest when it's 100% tested, was a very good one, in my opinion.

That said - I prefer ZenUI from Asus over any other UI from any other brand of mobile phone makers, and wish Oppo borrowed the look and feel of Asus' apps and put it in ColorOS. I'd trade that for MaxxAudio, Music and Photo space anytime.

• 2014-12-31 10:57
  • 2xx0

I have my oppo find 7a because ColorOS V1.2.7i some working in slow.. I need upgrade new ColorOS 2.0, I can't wait.... Please Hurry!

• 2014-12-28 15:08
  • wu4V

While checking others opinion, I quite notice that nobody is saying there phone heats up, and I think my moms phone has only the problem like that, oh please help me. I didn't know what I'm gonna do. They say Oppo find 7a is a gaming phone, but what about us for just a short time using it, you'll feel while handling,it get sick.

• 2014-12-22 23:23
  • v0qx

My mom has this phone we just bought it a month ago and it has a great specifications. Especially the camera,but were having a problem,when we are using it in a limited time it heats up at upper back and sometimes also the screen is hot. My mom also says the phone was only in her pouch and nobody is using it but the phone is hot.
And I downloaded a cooler master, temperature status etc. But still it heats up. Help please, we think that it will cause damage to the phone. Reply back.Urgent, thanks a lot

• 2014-12-22 23:15
  • v0qx

to all who have upraded into kitkat of any cp phablet like oppo, theres always an error system to your camera specially on video cam. only picture is allowed when making selfie....i suggest to those who wants upgrade to kitkat....you should have downloaded through your personal computer all the gallery.apk until you find the compatibility of your cp

• 2014-12-22 16:52
  • XMV{

> In reply to Tomazz @ 2014-12-18 20:36 from sGx2 - click to readThanks for your reply.But note that in this same column a find 7a user had complained bitterly about yellowish photos. This had happened about 2-3 months back.Anyway thanks for your reply.

• 2014-12-21 18:02
  • u1DP

> In reply to Tomazz @ 2014-12-18 20:37 from sGx2 - click to readDnt update your system to color os 2.0 or kitkat version,it will only destroy your front cam.w8 until they fix that.

• 2014-12-20 15:20
  • PT}x

> In reply to Tomazz @ 2014-12-18 20:37 from sGx2 - click to readok. Thanks
In the future,can i get firmware update OTA ?

• 2014-12-19 16:27
  • XNAh

> In reply to User @ 2014-12-15 21:03 from X}65 - click to readKK is not out officially, but you can get it from the Oppo forums.

Only issue I have with KK is that Firefox keeps crashing. Else it's awesome. I even got used to missing apps drawer...

• 2014-12-18 20:37
  • sGx2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-15 11:55 from u1DN - click to readCamera is very good, as long as it has enough light. Don't know where that yellowish tint complaints come from, but I have 2 of them and both are perfect. So is Find7.

It often takes photos so good I have to check EXIF data to see which photo was taken with D-SLR and which with this phone.

4k video is also outstanding.

What sucks is beautify mode. It reshapes face and make bigger eyes. Sucks.

• 2014-12-18 20:36
  • sGx2

i don't get color os 2.0 on my find 7a.
Guys if u got it,plz reply me.

Thanks.

• 2014-12-15 21:03
  • X}65

Hi,What about camera photo quality. As earlier I had read in this same column about find 7a users complaining about photos looking yellowish and oppo people doing nothing.hence I had to drop ides of buying this phone. Now is that problem solved and camera photo quality good.pl.reply.
Thanks in advance.

• 2014-12-15 11:56
  • u1DN

Thanks in advance.

• 2014-12-15 11:55
  • u1DN

> In reply to Jnl @ 2014-12-06 14:12 from wYAc - click to readTo all Gamers out there..
This is a good phone. If you will look into it's features this has Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 Processor, 2 GB of ram and External is expandable, connection is up to LTE 2600, screen resolution is ok as well with 5.5 inches 1080 x 1920 resolution, battery is already at Li-Po 2800 mAh. and check this out... once the battery dies you just have to wait 30 minutes and you are back in action with 75% battery life..

So again... if you are asking for a good phone for gaming... this is the monster you have been looking for.

• 2014-12-13 15:37
  • Bg1a

> In reply to zack @ 2014-12-11 02:14 from tufb - click to readTo all Gamers out there..

• 2014-12-13 15:36
  • Bg1a
Total of 230 user reviews and opinions for Oppo Find 7a.