1. easily hot(like super-heat at the top back side eventhough use for online for a while)
2. touch problem (especially at the end of both left & right side of the screen.)
3. camera is not really good as when u zoom in ur captured photo, the image will be kind of blur like been mosaic or something.
4. u cant install any other camera apps on this phone, the image captured will be blurred
5. u cant never move apps to ext. sd card as neo 5 partitions both 2gb for internal, and another 2 gb for its own partition which named SDcard.
6. no custom recovery & custom rom (so far)
7. no led (battery symbol at top-front side of the phone)
1. smooth speed
2. can be root (root genius)
3. after root u can disable original unwanted apps inside
4. color os amazing
5. GPS so Amazing with high signal (i use offline gps and detect satelite easily)
6. 4g LTE (in certain area that has 4G line)
7. Price- so so
Got it as a spare phone. Not bad for a low budget phone, decent camera, fast speed. Internal memory is a letdown though. One thing to note, to make this battery last, you need to do a full 8-hr charge, then use it till the battery is drained to abt 5-10%, then do a full charge. I've done that, so far the battery life is awesome, and I surf a lot...
cannot put enough application in it, really not recommended for people who ne a lot of internal spaces
I just bought this phone a few days ago and i noticed it gets heat up quite quickly no matter when charging or just browsing apps. Is this common for the phone?
Rusty14, 02 Jan 2015Overall, the phone is great. Performance wise it is really good compared to my older phone (S3... moreI bought my phone cuz my other phone just spoilt this phone is good except that its storage space is a pain in the ass.I cant download many apps even instagram or facebook because over 2gb is being used for some os stuff.I do not recommend buying this phone tho my phone is oppo neo 5 wasted 219 bucks on this phone could have gotten redmi its cheaper,bigger n better
1. Getting hot if in online mode
2. Fast drain battery
3. Touch function problem. Especially when long press to delete open apps
4. Sometimes it not detected ur left finger
1. Cheap with good camera
2. Screen is clear
3. Nice split left and right keyboard setting. Detect word easily even if you type it wrong. It can detect multiple language. I use English and Malaysia simultaneously
4. Fast web surfing with 3g
5. Thin, sleek and light weight
steve, 20 Nov 2014How to mve the apps to the memory card ? This is the biggest problem for me . I cant even down... moreTo remove from phone to sd card you need to open setting then apps then installed.after that you click on the app that u want to remove and there is a button show move to sd card..you need to click that button
My s3 mini was broken. I just bought oppo neo 5 today and so far so good. btw, does anyone know how to upgrade from jellybean to kitkat?
Overall, the phone is great. Performance wise it is really good compared to my older phone (S3 Mini).
However, i CANNOT recommend anyone to buy this.
1. oppo is well known to set their memory partition in a very weird way. The memory is written as 4GB, you only have like 800mb+ to install apps. Why? Because 2 GB is 'missing' (or was partitioned as swap files) and the rest is the OS.
This seriously frustrates me. I want to install some games, and i was not allowed to.
2. the phone itself is not a global release. In other words, you can't look for custom rom. You are stuck with the stupid default bloated rom. Even if ColorOS is good (clean and simple), there will (highly possibly) never be any updates for this phone. They only focus on 3 models. There are no CWM either. If there was, i could possibly re-partition the phone memory.
Don't buy it. I got mine for free. Now i feel like throwing it away.
do u guys recommend me to update the android version from jellybean to kitkat?
does it effect the phone perfomance,etc..?reply please,and i hav problem with the phone storage..any suggestion on how to move apps from phone storage to sd card?
how to activate the 4g lte?
there is no 4g letter on the top bar,how does it work?
how to transfer file from storage to sd card?
Haris, 21 Nov 2014Anyone know how to root.if anyone know pls give me the link,becoz I tried neally all rootDownload titanium backup to root
Im exoeriencing low storage unable to move to sd card,,, how to move to sd card????