Palm Pre Plus - user opinions and reviews

Palm

5.3
5.7
5.9

> In reply to Bharath Soma @ 2014-01-08 13:37 from t}ec - click to readHi Bharat. I too used this phone in india. do one thing.. factry reset it and use a sim with active data plan. after reseting it when you'll restart ur phone it will ask for your palm profile. you can immediately create it on phone just fill the details it asks. then you'll be able to use the app store as well as internet. i have tried relaince GSM, Airtel, Vodafone and was able to use internet download new apps, configure my mails, use msngrs etc.

• 2014-01-23 19:19
  • Y}8R

I'm a second-hand user of this mobile. I could not use internet on my mobile phone. I have checked with various networks in India. I use Tata Docomo network. Can anybody help in this regard.

• 2014-01-08 13:37
  • t}ec

i have a palm pre... i donr know, how its app catalog working ??? plzzzzzzzzzzz anyone tell me ...

• 2013-10-04 22:56
  • N@QK

> In reply to mohit tripathi @ 2012-12-13 12:08 from uuVX - click to readhows the phone working? can u use mobile data?

• 2012-12-16 19:33
  • t1$A

wonderful phone given by Mr. akash from cdma-solutions new-delhi i appreciate his cc support ..happy buying...

• 2012-12-13 12:08
  • uuVX
  • F

> In reply to Sag @ 2012-11-22 21:41 from vG$j - click to readjust install app "audio switch" find it in preware and change the output device that's zhe best solution

• 2012-11-24 21:44
  • pFUg

I am facing know bug of hardware of plam pre plus//.phone automatically goes into headset while your on call. Hence you wont be able to make calls.

• 2012-11-22 21:41
  • vG$j

I bought palm pre to india I cannot access my mastero card to buy apps on catalog it only available for canada,mexico and USA plese tell me how to access it with indian mastero card.........

• 2012-11-04 14:05
  • uv8f

in this mobile the usb port not supporting to connect system to download songs from computer

• 2012-10-19 13:34
  • ut2s

i got an mobile from u.s.a.The language of the phone has been changed,can you give any solution for me?

• 2012-09-12 07:57
  • ut3u

Yes you can Shashi. With a gsm carrier you can go anywhere in the world with it.

• 2012-02-26 17:10
  • 49Jq

> In reply to Shashi @ 2011-07-21 11:13 from iwpJ - click to readi received one palm mobile from my friend how to open the lock in india help to us

• 2012-02-01 18:44
  • YTcY

I got this from at&t 3 weeks now. Unlocked and overclocked to 1ghz stable 1week now. Best phone iv ever used! Its a shame they don't have enough good apps tho. I'm running 1.4.5 btw

• 2011-08-21 22:09
  • Q$N8

can I used the Unlocked Version of this phone in any country like Sr lanka..??? plzz help..

thank u all..!!

• 2011-07-21 11:13
  • iwpJ

Are we going to get 2.1 update on Pre PLus at &T?

• 2011-06-27 16:22
  • S35r

Excellent phone for the price used, got the GSM version to use with AT&T.

Good:

Multitasking is excellent.

Like the gesture.

Like the fact all contacts n notes are synced to Palm and automatically backed up everyday.

Two complains:

1. App selection is really limited, less than WinPhone7 or Android.

2. Battery life is less than desired with its tiny 1150mah battery, compared to many other phones which feature 1300-1800mah batteries.

• 2011-03-19 04:04
  • IrMV

I bought this model because I wanted relatively cheap first time experience with real smartphone which has phone-rather-than-brick form-factor and good OS.
Both was as good as expected.
However, several points should be mentioned regarding question why it's so poorly rated (even comparing to its predecessor).
First, I'm sure people were disappointed how little were improved in this model. Addition of memory didn't not improve mediocre performance especially for 2nd generation. Improved keyboard couldn't compensate for overall disappointment - but convinced me to prefer Plus over previous model.
Secondary, there are too many small disappointing things you cannot accept in 2nd generation model. 1) Camera is slow (it even froze the phone once) and makes only acceptable pictures in full light. 2) Software apps are limited: no Skype, MS Office editing, Flash and when you try to find something in web - it's all work-in-progress. 3) Phone has mediocre quality (probably also due to prepaid network I use). 4) Battery only enough for 1-2 days of mild use even without Bluetooth. 5) Lots of accidental operations (probably general touch-issue). 6) Plastic display get scratched - get cover.
You can make a lot of upgrades from Preware - Palm Pre community... if you like those kind of stuff.
Despite all that, this is a solid smart-phone with beautiful card interface, real multi-tasking, quality display and keyboard, good search-all-in-one capability and nice touch-stone-charger for only $200. It's just not competitive enough... unless gets upgraded by HP.

• 2011-02-08 12:50
  • 5I}E

Why is this poorly rated compared to the original Palm Pre? It's better right?

• 2011-02-06 17:49
  • 2@fB

just bought one used from ebay, $180 usd + touchstone.
hopefully it'll be able to persuade me to purchase the future Palm & part from my berry.

• 2011-01-25 07:18
  • tVkX

hey can u unlock the palm pre to use it in india???

pls reply

• 2010-11-12 17:17
  • vGWR
Total of 74 user reviews and opinions for Palm Pre Plus.