Panasonic GD30 - user opinions and reviews

6.0

My first mobile phone!!!

• 2014-06-18 21:41
  • puxx

My Dads first cellphone and the first ever mobile phone in the family.New Delhi. Circa 2000. Solid phone taht looked and felt space age back then. 50 phonebook entries was a awe inspiring. My Dads phone was from Vodafone UK. In its heyday this phone was miles ahead of anything from NOKIA, Motorola or Samsaung and SE. It exuded class and looked flashy and expensive. Was around $ 600, Harvey Norman Sydney. The phone was solid and superbly crafted. The keyboard has a reassuring feel unlike many phones today. Had an alarm and sms which was hiend at the time. This phone now has pride of place in the family museum with other worthies like the Moto C118. Great battery life and nice ring indicator that flashed green or red.Last used in Jan 2007 when battery went bust and the non genuine replcement battery went kaput. Panasonic was pretty much out of the mobile biz in India and it was time for something more reliable and modern. But the GD30 was Godsent in the early days. I would love to use it if only I could get ane battery pack. An absolute LEGEND. They dont build them like they used to.

• 2012-11-30 00:48
  • rJNm

My first ever mobile phone! Didn't bought it; my brother gave it to me. I wish I had kept this phone as a collector's item. Now it's gone. :(

• 2012-11-20 16:50
  • t7sf

Panasonic GD30 was my second mobile phone. My first was Ericsson GA628. I've had several phones since then but GD30 still is my favourite. I love GD30. I would still be using it if I could find a battery replacement. It was the lightest phone as at when I bought it, it did the two things I look for in a phone- make and receive calls and send and receive sms very well and it was very user-friendly. It was also robust and durable.

• 2011-11-14 21:01
  • fuIA

my very first cellphone! haha

• 2011-06-29 15:09
  • t7xV

My first cell phone around 2000.

• 2011-02-16 08:18
  • IaaD

My first Mobile.

• 2011-02-10 12:34
  • SHaK

my first phone..

• 2010-09-06 03:58
  • 98qI

panasonic gd 30 is my very first mobile phone, this was year 1999-2000. its a basic phone but its really nice!!!!!

• 2010-03-17 14:46
  • MkXk

this is mobile dead....................

• 2010-02-22 07:11
  • vG10

it is my first mobile phone

• 2009-06-07 23:52
  • nTZG

I have this phone. Grrrr it just won't work. It looks brand new and has hardly been used but why won't it work!?

• 2009-05-18 22:20
  • nxaN

good fr da time i stil ring people wit it

• 2009-03-27 20:22
  • DVsk

it is my first mobile but really it was the best and have timer option which i didn't find in many mobiles it was amazing from 10 years and also it was light

• 2009-03-07 14:56
  • nXEC

my first

• 2009-01-21 21:14
  • SH{N

I am still using this phone and it works perfect. Though the Antenna was broken a long back it's still working like before.
Though it can't be compared with the Hi-Tech phones available in the market now a days, but it's one of the best in it's segment.

• 2008-12-17 06:40
  • PxrM

my first phone as well!. even got soaked in a glass of coke. but the damn thing kept on working.

• 2008-09-22 19:03
  • PAW5

my first phone too...8 years ago,yeah...long time ago

• 2008-05-04 16:24
  • prMe

Also my first phone back in 1999/2000. It was great even when the antena broke down. It was kicked, slamed and used in various conditions, but it was still working. Where did Panasonic gone, bad :(.

• 2007-12-31 04:10
  • 0x99

aa, my first phone as well. And to say it was 8 yrs ago... gee

• 2007-04-11 20:56
  • MtrB
Total of 50 user reviews and opinions for Panasonic GD30.