Panasonic Toughpad JT-B1 - user opinions and reviews

Panasonic

6.1
6.0
5.8

The only pretty much physically reliable pad (that also Otter has specifically designed cases for) is from Apple, but iPads are quite worthless, since one cannot do the following:
1) Connect to a regular PC via USB for file transfers
just like a regular USB flashdrive.
2) Worthless bluetooth - only for keyboard/headsets
3) Requires iTunes, a highly restrictive application
The rest of the tablets, seem to be quite sensitive and unsubstantial in construction. Therefore, seemingly the only answer for professional units is the ToughPad...
Just my two cents worth. I own a CF-29 since 2005 and it's built like a tank. At the airport a van "jumped" the curb, and literally parked over my rucksack and smashed everything, except for the notebook, where the only damage was the rear port cover is no longer waterproof. It also toumbled-down a FULL flight of stairs, as the shoulder-strap of a thin neoprene bag broke! So... if the ToughPad is made the same was as the CF-29, you are good 2 go!

• 2013-06-24 23:16
  • 4$b%

> In reply to akku @ 2012-12-27 15:27 from uvd7 - click to readit is because it made for fbi :D

• 2012-12-28 21:04
  • HIxP

What is the reason to be so expensive?

• 2012-12-27 15:27
  • uvd7

This is not for regular user. Only for industrial use.

• 2012-12-21 22:07
  • QYpY

What is the reason to be so expensive?

• 2012-05-07 16:40
  • 0mRX

> In reply to vega @ 2011-11-11 02:45 from 0I46 - click to readUnfortunately no, cases offer nowhere near the same protection.

I think this device would be made a lot more useful if it had some GSM/CDMA network connectivity.

• 2012-01-17 23:30
  • Fv4$

gsm phone features are a must for those kind of devices. As I am a tough guy, I like tough mobile communication devices with outdoor capability. And I agree, the price will be a key factor for its success.

• 2011-11-19 14:43
  • u7RX

the solution is simple.buy a tablet with much better specs to half price of this one.then buy a nice durable case and here u go!

• 2011-11-11 02:45
  • 0I46

F I R S T :)
elastomer or altimeter ?
nice approach, price willbe a strong factor to decide its "success"

P.s.
to
panasonic team
a windows 7 or 8 tabled rugged like this will be always welcome... a 7 incher with a 720p res will be the best.. ^^

regards
immi.shk

• 2011-11-10 07:20
  • t}AK

I wounder who would say: "No,I don't want a iPad,or a Galaxy Tab,I want this tablet from Panasonic...

• 2011-11-09 21:10
  • 0U1c
Total of 10 user reviews and opinions for Panasonic Toughpad JT-B1.