Pantech Hotshot - user opinions and reviews

Pantech

3.6
3.2
3.4

This is the single worst phone I have ever had the displeasure of using. It makes me want to roll over and die. It can handle one word in a text. Sometimes, even two. Once you reach the third word, the phone acts like you just pulled a gun on it, freezing for around 5 seconds. Then, it throws a random-ass letter in, whether it has been typed or not. The equivalent of throwing its keys at me, after I've held it at gunpoint. I hit backspace, to get rid of the gibberish letter. It blacks out, deleting all of the letters in the whole text. I slap it awake, rinse (waterboard) and repeat the entire process. The only thing I have found that helps with this phone (bane of my existence) is that when it begins to freeze as you type a text, if you punch the phone with about twenty pounds of force, right in the middle of the screen, it will accept the letter. Not even joking, it seems to work. I hate this phone. SO MUCH. so much.

• 2014-02-10 18:25
  • 7DA5

Ive had this phone for two years with zero problems i love it

• 2013-12-15 01:38
  • QUq$

same bad experience here. phone shut-off when try to use it with my care bluetooth, screen freeze with no apparent reason. went through 4 replacements in 6 month. piece of @#&!%

• 2013-08-31 20:02
  • Yh7X

Have had this phone for over a year, and have a shattered screen, no battery cover, and still another year to go until upgrade, and I'm stuck with this piece of crap. Screen freezes and glitches up frequently. Phone also randomly restarts its self at least 3x a day. Text messages automatically delete, and text memory fills up and makes you delete messages before you can send one. About the only positive thing I can say about this phone is the battery life is pretty good

• 2013-06-09 17:18
  • 4Jjw

this phone is horrible it shuts off and on multiple times a day and freezes a lot

• 2013-04-20 00:15
  • FCsY

i had all the same problems went threw 3 phone before i got 1 that works half way right

• 2013-04-02 03:39
  • 4NMV

Seriously this phone is awful. I read awful reviews about it but blew them off and got it anyway and it's really really terrbile seriously don't do it. The screen freezes, my phone resets multiple times a day in the middle of calls/texts, it's impossible to get anything done with it. Also, the screen shatters really easily. Just saying.

• 2013-03-15 21:29
  • 7JAU

whenever i make a call where i have to enter an account number or a pin for my voice mail, the touchscreen goes on and off making it almost impossible to access accounts or voice mails. The screen also locks up.
No one would want to go through all this hassle with a cell phone

• 2012-12-19 17:13
  • j58d

Its the worst phone I have ever owned.The touchscreen freezes right in the middle of texting. constant problems that make having a cell phone more of a hassle.

• 2012-08-18 12:03
  • qaBw

I just got it today but by the way people are making it sound like the "Windows Vista" of phones is making me nervous. For me it works just fine

• 2012-02-20 04:58
  • 43xD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-12-07 20:37 from 4ZdA - click to readYou can block numbers on the verizon website, he block lasts for 90 days, and is not dependent on your handset.

• 2012-02-01 18:58
  • GFVJ

Does anyone know if you can block certain callers with the Hotshot??

Had mine for 3 weeks now with no problems, So far a great phone.

• 2011-12-07 20:37
  • 4ZdA
Total of 12 user reviews and opinions for Pantech Hotshot.