Pantech Renue - user opinions and reviews

Pantech

4.8
4.2
5.5

I have had this phone since May 22, 2013. Today is March 29, 2014, and honestly I can say this may be the worst phone I have ever come across in my life. I was given this phone by my parents and within the first 2 months of having it, the battery completely died out. We had to order a new battery. But the trouble didn't stop there. Soon, horizontal the touch screen began to stop working and, because of that, I cannot text, nor slide or press the right part of the screen to receive a call. Now the only thing I can do is call--barely. I would get a new phone but my contract isn't up until November.

• 2014-03-30 04:26
  • qLQb

well i dont know about all you pantech renue owners, but mine has a nasty ability to make more than one app..
currently, i have:
2 tool icons
2 setting icons
4 powersaver icons
4 bluetooth icons
4 videoplayer icons
16 app manager icons
and 6 app centers
but you wanna know what makes it even more annoying:
I CANT DELETE THE DUMB THINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE COPIES OF THE APPS THAT CAME PREDOWNLOADED WITH THE BLOODY PHONE!!!
however the phone has an awesome speaker, which i use to blast my tunes.
speaker is top grade!

• 2014-02-11 15:10
  • 9AvF

how do you get SIM card out?

• 2014-01-28 21:05
  • 4H48

Text is limited to 160 characters (that includes spaces).

• 2014-01-10 00:11
  • 4XxL

i was in the kitchen when suddenly my phone got really hot and when i pulled it out of my pocket, it was off, i waited a few minutes and turned it on and the screen was off but the text pad worked, please help, all of my contacts are on my sim card and i forgot to save it to my sim card so i could switch phones!:(

• 2013-11-27 02:19
  • qVxB

one day my MMS was working and then it stopped! is there a reason!!! HELP!? step by step instructions please!

• 2013-11-26 05:13
  • jZMm

> In reply to Supergirl294 @ 2013-10-14 21:29 from qKY5 - click to readThis happened to mine. I brought it into the technician. The phone itself is fine and working but the backlight bulb is going out. There is no way of fixing it.

• 2013-10-25 04:00
  • jKwv

I got this phone new almost $250 in the AT&T store and six months later it is dead -the battery does not hold a charge. If you have "too many" messages you have to delete conversations or you cannot receive new ones. I had it six months now it is just a paperweight. Do not recommend.

• 2013-10-16 02:13
  • 49R{

I was outside just calling people then I left my phone their for a little while.When I tried to unlock it the screen was white like i got calls but I could not see it.I tried taking the battery out and the SIM card but that didn't work and I also tried leaving it on the charger that did not work either!Please help!?

• 2013-10-14 21:29
  • qKY5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-04 02:02 from kNxf - click to readYou go to menu, click on settings, and select profiles, and then select outdoors

• 2013-10-10 02:26
  • 47k0

I LOVE my Pantech Renue I have had it about 3 months and I couldn't be happier with it. Got for messages, pictures, and phone and battery life it does everything I want it to do I have down loaded games they work great. I did not want to pay the extra $30 for internet, iI am very, very happy with it. don't understand why so many other people are having trouble with their's.

• 2013-09-15 03:49
  • q5aF

I wouldnt get this phone. I have so many problems with it. First, it will randomly restart, sometimes when I'm not even using it. Also, your message box becomes full easily, and then you have to delete them all, and you cant do anything while its deleting. The camera/video quality is terrible, as is the sound quality. The auto correct changes the word that youre typing to totally different words that arent anything like the word I was typing. I really wish I didnt get this phone, or that I got a two year contract with it ;( I'm getting an iphone the second my contract is up.

• 2013-09-13 00:14
  • 0d0n

• 2013-09-13 00:13
  • 0d0n

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-18 01:34 from 7yuT - click to readI had the same problem. I dont use this phone other than talking and texting with occasional pictures so we use it relatively the same way. I noticed that if you got over a certain number of characters in a text in the screen before you send it it would say slide 1 of __. I think tht the phones small battery life might have something to do with this and it just can't processes all of that information on its small charge. The battery life is the only major complication I've had so far and I've had this phone since January.

• 2013-09-05 05:47
  • YHw9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-04 02:02 from kNxf - click to readAll you do is go to settings click the arrow next to the profile you want and you can change it for messages and calls... You can also stop the keyboard beeping when u type

• 2013-09-05 05:41
  • YHw9

> In reply to Savannah @ 2013-06-02 19:06 from Yah8 - click to readSending a picture is not text(sms),it IS Data (MMS).

• 2013-07-25 12:34
  • Iuyw

I have had nothing but problems with this phone. People are not getting text messages, the alarm goes off at all times of the day, any day, and the battery life stinks. I have been through 4 chargers now, and the phone keeps breaking them. I plug the phone in at night and have a dead battery in the morning. The screen goes into the same saver mode regardless of the time I choose. I would never buy this phone again,

• 2013-07-15 20:29
  • 4k9H

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-02-06 02:57 from FEBX - click to readFlip it the correct way

• 2013-06-26 04:41
  • 4Hb6

> In reply to Savannah @ 2013-06-02 19:06 from Yah8 - click to readI just asked AT&T that same ? answer is it is text not data

• 2013-06-19 22:05
  • si@$

When you text a picture to someone, does it use data?

• 2013-06-02 19:06
  • Yah8
Total of 29 user reviews and opinions for Pantech Renue.