Pantech Renue - user opinions and reviews

Pantech

5.1
4.2
5.0

> In reply to Whiskers @ 2014-07-03 01:03 from NFjw - click to readI have your solution. Buy a LG Vu Plus GR700 on eBay or something. It is THE BEST non-smartphone for AT&T at this time, and it is now discontinued. It DOES NOT require a data plan. It is fast, responsive. It has a good 3MP camera, with flash. All around it works better. I don't know how email or web browser works since I never use that feature.

I tried the Pantech Renue for 3 months to see if it was better. I found the Renue to be a sluggish, ugly-screen, battery hog. I am now selling my Renue and bought another LG Vu Plus on eBay. It is a great phone and I swear by it. It is better than the current LG non-smartphones (Expression, Expression 2 etc).

• 2014-07-29 19:36
  • 4tPx

I've endured this phone for a year now. The call quality is worse than terrible. I've had the phone replaced, had a new sim card installed, and had the settings adjusted by AT&T technicians. Nothing has helped. But, unfortunately, short of a smartphone, there doesn't appear to be any better product being offered on the current market.

• 2014-07-03 01:03
  • NFjw

I'm thirteen and I've had this phone since November of last year. Its an awesome basic phone and would be a good starter phone for kids if you don't think they should have a phone that can or would be stolen and it has an amazing battery life(I got three days of use on one night of charge) but the battery itself only lasts about three to six months at most. However there are a few downsides to this phone;
1. It doesn't have the best camera(or a front facing one at all)
2.After a while you have to delete many text messages or it won't receive anymore (which sucks in the middle of a text conversation)
3.it doesn't have much memory space as I mention above with having to delete text messages
4.It doesn't have the best internet experience
There a great things about the phone As well.
1.it is LOUD(wonderful as an alarm clock)
2. It truly is pocket sized (easy to lose) but very portable.
Hope this helps

• 2014-07-02 03:04
  • 0duI

I've had this phone for a couple of months and have been happy with it. It is sturdy, and I like the compact size. It has an adequate camera, music player, and communication features you would expect from a basic phone. The touch screen is very responsive. Keep in mind it is not a smart phone, you'll be disappointed if you expect it to behave like one.

Several reviews complain of battery issues. The battery lasts several days or more on standby (phone on, screen locked). I'm not a heavy talker or texter, so with light use the battery life is more than adequate for me. Also the battery meter does not reflect the true state of the remaining charge. It appears less than it actually is. It will make an odd intermittent beep sound when it is really dying! The first few times you recharge it, check the meter frequently to get an idea of how long it takes to charge up. I would not leave it on the charger overnight for fear of damaging the battery or charger. Mine goes from completely empty to fully charged within 2 hours.

• 2014-06-10 17:31
  • jKX6

> In reply to Mad @ 2013-10-16 02:13 from 49R{ - click to readIf the battery won't hold a charge, did you try installing a new battery?

• 2014-06-10 16:51
  • jKX6

> In reply to shawnygie @ 2014-05-03 00:07 from yBBk - click to readThe phone comes with a number of ringtones pre-installed, which you can reassign as desired. Instructions for changing the ringtones are in the user manual available on the Pantech website. You can also download additional ringtones or transfer them from your computer via Bluetooth or USB cable. Any mp3 music file smaller than 400kb can be used as a ringtone.

• 2014-06-10 16:48
  • jKX6

The screen is supposed to go dark during a call. There is a sensor in the upper right corner of the phone that detects when your face is next to the phone, so you don't accidentally press the touch screen with your face and interrupt the call. When you move the phone away from your face, the screen should come back on automatically.

• 2014-06-10 16:39
  • jKX6

I have had this phone for a couple of months now, and recently, whenever I make a call, the screen turns black. The only way it turns back on is if I pull out the battery and restart the phone. Please help.

• 2014-05-28 23:39
  • qiHr

well i accidentally dropped this phone in some water and the screen stayed on, so i yanked it out and dried it out using a nearby hand drier.
*sighs*
again i keep on having the multiple rouge apps. this phone crashes randomly, especially if it takes too long to send a message. and now the cell coverage sucks. it sometimes cuts off and comes back. cell coverage is spotty like best. i made a risk to switching from samsung to pantech, and i regret it. samsungs were 10 times more reliable then this sad pathetic piece of hardware.

• 2014-05-27 17:23
  • 9Ath

I have one and cant change ringtone this phone stinks

• 2014-05-03 00:07
  • yBBk

May I start by saying I love the size, style and settings on this phone. I ordered a used one online, but the phone was bad. It wouldn't send texts after just two days and the call quality was very very poor. Next I ordered a brand new one online. It seemed great.....soundwise and settings and everything. Within 24 hours, the screen went white. So, I returned it and was sent a replacement. I don't know if it was really "new", but I can say that it worked fine. However, I am still not happy with the call quality. It seems to be erratic and the phone doesn't get great (if any) signal in remote areas. My old (18 year old) flip phone with 01 technology worked better. It's really a shame because I think the Pantech Renue has some really good points and is very user friendly. A real phone for dummies but yet has a lot of options.

• 2014-05-01 07:40
  • femx

This being my first phone, I was satisfied for about 7 months, and now, when I try to charge it, it says "Check Battery" and doesn't charge. I have not found any solution for this problem, and I have tried multiple chargers. I don't get an upgrade until next summer, so I'm SOL. I would not recommend getting this phone. If anyone had a similar problem, please respond to this post.

• 2014-04-22 02:55
  • 4ZkV

I have had this phone since May 22, 2013. Today is March 29, 2014, and honestly I can say this may be the worst phone I have ever come across in my life. I was given this phone by my parents and within the first 2 months of having it, the battery completely died out. We had to order a new battery. But the trouble didn't stop there. Soon, horizontal the touch screen began to stop working and, because of that, I cannot text, nor slide or press the right part of the screen to receive a call. Now the only thing I can do is call--barely. I would get a new phone but my contract isn't up until November.

• 2014-03-30 04:26
  • qLQb

well i dont know about all you pantech renue owners, but mine has a nasty ability to make more than one app..
currently, i have:
2 tool icons
2 setting icons
4 powersaver icons
4 bluetooth icons
4 videoplayer icons
16 app manager icons
and 6 app centers
but you wanna know what makes it even more annoying:
I CANT DELETE THE DUMB THINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE COPIES OF THE APPS THAT CAME PREDOWNLOADED WITH THE BLOODY PHONE!!!
however the phone has an awesome speaker, which i use to blast my tunes.
speaker is top grade!

• 2014-02-11 15:10
  • 9AvF

how do you get SIM card out?

• 2014-01-28 21:05
  • 4H48

Text is limited to 160 characters (that includes spaces).

• 2014-01-10 00:11
  • 4XxL

i was in the kitchen when suddenly my phone got really hot and when i pulled it out of my pocket, it was off, i waited a few minutes and turned it on and the screen was off but the text pad worked, please help, all of my contacts are on my sim card and i forgot to save it to my sim card so i could switch phones!:(

• 2013-11-27 02:19
  • qVxB

one day my MMS was working and then it stopped! is there a reason!!! HELP!? step by step instructions please!

• 2013-11-26 05:13
  • jZMm

> In reply to Supergirl294 @ 2013-10-14 21:29 from qKY5 - click to readThis happened to mine. I brought it into the technician. The phone itself is fine and working but the backlight bulb is going out. There is no way of fixing it.

• 2013-10-25 04:00
  • jKwv

I got this phone new almost $250 in the AT&T store and six months later it is dead -the battery does not hold a charge. If you have "too many" messages you have to delete conversations or you cannot receive new ones. I had it six months now it is just a paperweight. Do not recommend.

• 2013-10-16 02:13
  • 49R{
Total of 41 user reviews and opinions for Pantech Renue.