Philips Diga - user opinions and reviews

Philips

6.5
6.2
6.6

My First mobile phone set ever........it has the hardest body ever.......I even once used it to hummer in a pin into my school bench

• 2013-06-22 02:24
  • YW2C

First phone as well back in 1998 on the Eircell (now Vodafone) network. First thing I did was take off that hideous slide. Couldn't use SMS as it was a Bill Pay feature and I was Pre-pay or Ready To Go as it was called. Cost me IR£129, which would be 169 now. Mobiles were very expensive back then.

• 2013-04-26 14:58
  • ys}F

it was really a superb one, my 1st mobile in 1998, really miss it

• 2013-04-18 18:19
  • bCbY

My first mobile phone ever :-)

• 2013-03-22 20:48
  • 3q5K

Just browsing back through the good old days of proper mobile phones..This was my first mobile and brilliant mobile it was in 1998..Todays boring souless slab full touch type mobiles i hate..I cant wait till clamshells return with D-Pad for precision movement and real send/end buttons.

Bring back high end button phones. :-)

• 2012-07-12 16:10
  • nEGQ

My first ever phone back in 1999, and i was so proud i always had it on display attached to my belt.

• 2012-05-15 02:36
  • 39x{

it was the first mobile set of my life
i was so excited

• 2012-02-16 07:54
  • Iajd

ohmiigawd i love this phone so much, i was so excited when i realised my mum had bought it me this christmas. its little buttons are so soft and rubbery, i get perfect grip for when im teletexting all my favourite pals. i love how its in tw-tone colour, its so cute! i love my new interchangable Barbie covers than came free with it. The functions are AMAZING and i can attach a clip on the side and attach it to my trousers so i don't loose it... THIS PHONE IS TO DIE FOR. also, i have a massive ariel so i can send texts quicker, and dial out quicker because my phone is closer to the sky than everyone elses. MUST BUY!!

• 2011-09-17 14:42
  • mX1L

> In reply to Marius @ 2009-11-18 00:12 from fw70 - click to readHi
Charger to this phone is fit from nokia.
I talk about this small, tiny charger adapter newest model, not from nokia 3310, but some like Nokia N71 etc..

• 2010-06-17 14:52
  • M@Xj

> In reply to OLTI @ 2007-12-07 16:35 from mYdd - click to readI still have mine too. My very first Cellulaar Phone!!

As far as my memory goes, it still worked when I replaced it, but the battery went down the tubes. Unfortunately the charger is missing. Does anybody know what the charger specs are - Voltage, amps etc.?

Maybe I can blow some life into this old workhorse just for fun. (The kids will die of embarrassment if I should whip this one out when their friends are visiting!!!)

• 2009-11-18 00:12
  • fw70

> In reply to J @ 2008-09-04 19:55 from ncYb - click to readi sent mine in for the tsunami appeall it was my first fone in 1998..memories,,memories

• 2009-10-31 22:33
  • nGxT
  • Konstantin (Lithuani
  • Rating0

It was my first cell phone 10 years ago...

• 2009-10-20 16:28
  • nH{y

the ultimate mobile divice which i used 10 year back, no problem mobile

• 2009-09-20 13:10
  • vGt2

the ultimate mobile divice which i used 10 year back, no problem mobile

• 2009-09-20 13:10
  • vGt2

I used it 10 years back. I really loved it though now it is tooooo much outdated. Now i have another with more optins, but really i am still in love with that 1st phone of mine..

• 2009-06-26 05:02
  • tU$h

My first mobile phone, bought in 1999. Sat on a hilltop, rang somewhere 300 miles away and laughed out loud with pleasure! Neat, solid, felt great in the hand and worked perfectly, a great friend. Still have it tucked away in a drawer.

• 2009-05-09 21:36
  • pUTf

Had one, loved it. Don't now if it is still working. Send it to Africa and hope that the present owner still enjoyes it. Mind you it was still in good quality when i did.

• 2008-09-04 19:55
  • ncYb

it was a great phone, I bought one in 2000, 3 years after his release.He served me 4 years and he did a hell of a job...I'm not kiddin.I still have him , but it's not working, I'm keeping just because he was a small part in a generation when mobile phones were just phones not stupid gadgets like now days.

• 2007-12-07 16:35
  • mYdd

My first ever mobile phone, which I still think about with fondness.

It did what it said on the tin - phoned and texted. Never crashed or locked up like a modern phone - was an absolute brick (in the best way possible)

Still have it in a box somewhere and still remember its phone number! Yeah, I know I'm sad!

• 2007-11-11 12:57
  • n$gR

My very first cell phone. I was just 12 years old when i got this phone (1998), really loved this phone, simple yet effective, used it for just over 4 years, never had a problem with it, still have it boxed up somewhere. 10/10

• 2007-05-13 16:12
  • pJr%
Total of 60 user reviews and opinions for Philips Diga.