Philips W8555 - user opinions and reviews

Philips

7.8
7.8
8.2

> In reply to Mo @ 2014-03-02 21:08 from nIv0 - click to readsale2ppl I think.There you can find several Philips cell phones.Mostly shipped from Hong Kong(?)

• 2014-10-02 01:50
  • mtWh

I had detected a problem with de sensors of inclination of this phone in two differents units. does someone have the same problem? solution?

• 2014-09-23 01:30
  • wMHH

i jst need to know abt this device, can anybody help us?

1)does this phone support otg?

2)how long battery back up while using net?

3)does this devic has complained of any hang problem?

4)does this phone has any specific storage for application memory and phone memory any?

5)does this phone camer clarity works good in low light ?

6)it support video call?

• 2014-09-21 14:04
  • Y}Jt

> In reply to gazza @ 2014-05-31 15:00 from 05BZ - click to readi definitely disagree

• 2014-05-31 22:01
  • m5Cq

This is my first ever smart phone at at age of 29! I never needed one before. So I took my time, researched the market and decided that for the price the w8555 offered the best spec. So I bought it 1 week ago and so far so good! I love this phone, the processor feels super fast, the camera is awesome 13mp WTF!! And the battery is exceptional. I spend the whole day on the net, listening to music, using viber & vk and sometimes even watch a full movie and it still lasts the day. For casual use it is good for at least 2 days. Of course, battery life was one of the most important things to me, but when you consider the full package and the pricr , just 13000r, I think it is hard to find a better deal on the market at the moment! This phone is awesome, I would reccomend it!

• 2014-05-31 15:00
  • 05BZ

• 2014-05-31 10:20
  • 05BZ

I had it, very good phone but only one big issue. At wake up(when you want to unlock the screen) the touch goes crazy!!! Making ghost touch every where and if you manage to unlock it will start to on app. After some minutes everything will go normal. THE PROBLEM IS ONLY AFTER WAKE UP!! NOT POWER UP.
I don't think it's a touch hardware issue or it will do it always while using it, It's annoying when you have to pick up a call and the touch start by passing the calls or pressing mute stuff while answering.
I both it in Russia after searching it for a while and I thought the cold weather could be the reason, but taking it home at 22°C the issue is still there.
If it's not for the screen wake up/unlock issue, this phone is a fantastic deal for the price. I will be travelling again to Russia, might take the same phone again or go for the W8560. For now only Philips is giving such specs,battery, dual-S,HD res in this form factor. I WILL CROSS MY FINGERS :-D

• 2014-04-16 13:29
  • 3BKQ

Where can I buy it from?
Seriously cannot find a single website where it can be purchased from ....

• 2014-03-02 21:08
  • nIv0

The battery is exceptional, it takes 2 days to run out of battery. I test phones for a living and non other device give me that battery efficiency.

• 2014-02-17 23:30
  • IaHY

> In reply to [deleted post]Notes: Im in Indonesia

tks

• 2013-12-12 13:36
  • PA7E

good specs, but what happened to the fm radio for which philips is famous for?

• 2013-12-02 13:42
  • utkf

With such specs and a good price they can definitely compete, and will of course have success, companies usually fail when they go Apple, never do that Phillips or you will go down the same way you came.

• 2013-12-01 09:33
  • pkgp

The weight is 158 grs... same as W8560 (data sheet with 200 Grs is wrong info).

• 2013-11-29 19:49
  • 9x1H

Finally philips.. see the brand below the earpiece, more elegant
Ship it to indonesia

• 2013-11-29 14:51
  • y$Hd

great specs , but waaaay toooo heavy. Batery is promising. What is the price?

• 2013-11-27 16:06
  • JKZ%

weight : 200 g

Thats heavy, I used Lenovo S880 which is have the same weight as this.

• 2013-11-27 12:43
  • sEEi

Good spec..like it..

• 2013-11-27 09:09
  • tufe

Im using the phone and its very nice. The battery is a beast.
Great CPU and screen.
Good job!

• 2013-11-27 02:47
  • 8DIj

wow... i love this handset

• 2013-11-26 16:13
  • MkXA

> In reply to deewinc @ 2013-11-26 14:45 from Sbcq - click to readYes, really. I'm a Nokia user but I don't see anything wrong with this phone.

• 2013-11-26 16:07
  • akv1
Total of 23 user reviews and opinions for Philips W8555.