that was the last time when i buy or recomend philips gsm. if there wasn't writen "philips" on it, i wouldn't say it's a philips, it doesn't feel like ... at all.
If you want to make photos,buy a photo camera,if you want to make a movie,buy a movie camera,if you want to surf on the net,buy a laptop,if you want to listen to music when you are going somewhere,buy a car with harman/kardon audio system,if you want to call somebody,buy a MOBILEPHONE."Mobile" means that it is independent for a long period of time from the charger.If you want to impress your friends and show everybody that you have a very very smart phone but you don't use the majority of his features, buy a swiss-army knife.I prefer the sword...
y have this phone and tested. standby time 10 days in normal using whith no vibration.
whith 5.30h talk time it last 5 days.
y think is good for a normal phone but is far from specifications and from old models xenium9@9 whith 440h standby (but realy lasting more than 7 days)
y put the batery on a tester and it indicate 1350mAh (on the batery y read 1200mAh)
so what is the problem whith thys phone, why dont fits whith specifications at last 1/2
Amazing phone. The LONGEST BATTERY LIFE. This is really amazing phone concerning battery and reception quality. An excellent design, it has enough features. I know many people like phones with integrated cameras, mp3 player, etc. This phone is aimed for simple men and businessmen too. It's not a toy at all. You can travel on holiday without your charger. Only Philips Xenium series phones have this possibility. Looa at the other manufacures of the phones. They can hardly make phone for 3-4 days of usage without charging. With this one, you can talk much longer. I use mine from 12 to 15 days without charging. I am not biggest fun of Philips but they make the best LCD sets and phones too. Up the Xenium!
Battery life with 10 minutes talking 30 hours. Yes yes not 1000 hours.
After charging second time I really feel robbed by Philips. I think they don't test this devices. They think that everybody stupid other then them.
Haven't heard if anyone is really amazed with it :( Read this instead http://mobilereview.hut2.ru/in...enium_9@9a_1
I am sometimes amazed by the remarks and hope that more knowledgable people would write their comments. Of course the 10 hours talking time and 1000 hours standby time is under certain conditions. As far as i know 1000 hours stand by time means you leave the phone on for 1000 hours withuot using it and the phone will still be ON. With 10 hours talking time I suppose they mean that if you ONLY use it for calling and than, say, within one day, it can make calls of an accumulative 10 hours. People I know are using this phone and they are amazed by its batterylife, no hassle anymore with craving for a socket !!!
Here you can read a real-user review for this phone.
How could that be? The phone is marketed as long-battery-life one... Due to the specifications it should last at least 6-7 days with one-hour talk daily... So the Philips' promises are nothing?
I have bought this phone on 5 August, and I waited until now to have more time to test it, although the standby time is NOT BY FAR close to the specs from Philips, and I have charge more than 5 times already (in less than 2 months)!
So those are my dislikes and likes:
* battery life specified by Philips = 10 hours talk time or 1000 hours standby = 41.(6) days = 5.95 weeks (close to 6 weeks) , actually battery life = 2-3 hours talk time or MAXIMUM 1 week = 7 days = 168 hours!!! So there is a BIG difference (close to 6 times difference)! I have to mention that I ALWAYS disable vibration, and close the phone around 23:00 hour and start again around 07:00!
* display under plain daylight (not bright sunshine) is almost unreadable!!!
* although the light/display is set to turn of after 30 seconds or 5 seconds, the phone is actually shut the light/display ALWAYS after around 5 seconds, no matter if the auto key lock is active or not (why I say light/display instead of display light, is that it has an OLED display which means is light only when the LED's are on, so the display is on)
* if you receive, make or miss calls from/to same number, you will not be able to see each call/miss listed, only the last whit the date and hour/minute
* there is no possibility to see how much time a call was nor for received or dialed, only the total talk time cumulated!
* very slow menus and operating
* sometime, when traveling by car (not driving, just passenger), the reception of you or the interlocutor is breaking out, although there was plain city and the signal of other phones is AT LEAST 2/3 full
* I'm not sure, but I guess that I cannot find nothing at this point, even the price is a little big for that kind of a phone thinking that we are in the 6-th year of the 21 century
* O.K., O.K., I have to say that I like the colors and the bright of the display and the keyboard in the dark!
I have compared in the same environment that I had other phones, for example a Siemens S65, which has also 1 week of stand by, and also no vibration and in the night is shut off, but has a DOUBLE sized display!
Anyone else some other opinions?
OLED which stands for Organic Light Emitting display is a very cool thing. It consumes less than an LCD and should be brighter . Unlike the LCD it does not use a backlight but shines just like a LED would. The main problem with this type of display is that it's new and the lifetime could be much less than an LCD .
Having said that the screen is only part of the power saving , there's more to it and Philips probably implemented some clever stuff to achieve such high standby/talk times . It does also have a pretty large battery also .
Is there any one who used this phone actively and is able to tell for sure about:
- battery life
- simplicity of menu
- speed of menu etc.
i.e. about the vital features of any mobile phone.
Some people just like to talk nonsense. P910i lasts about 4-5 days in combined use. If you play with it all day it drops to 2-3 days.
This phone is very interesting, only one question : the battery is that much "bigger" than other phones does the OLED display have anything ot do with battery life? I'm guessing yes , someone who knows for sure please confirm
hello everybody ı just bought this phone for its long battery life. This phone has basic functions that a person needs from a phone.I really recommend this phone for people who dont need a camera.
this phone is for the people who just want to talk and not worry about charging it often.Some people say this phone sucks but what they're saying is "i want a phone a camera a mp3 player" This is a phone guys.If you wanna pay 500$ for a phone be my guest but this phone is for serious people who mean business.And some guys are saying philips being in the 90s for making this phone but correct me if i'm wrong i didn't see any phones that had this much duration time back then,and this is called marketing so there will be phones with all the goodies and stuff and then there will be the ones that are like this one..simple and functional.thanks philips
standby time up to 10h!(not 3.5h) http://www.consumer.philips.co...HQFHKFSESI5P please webmaster write correct information!
Its a phone built for simplicity and travellers as it provide close to 1 month standby time. Have basic function such as GPRS and MMS, 128 x 128 OLED screen is superb, and 86g weight, TRULY for travellers. If anyone want a full-featured phone should have gone for Nokia N83 or something else...
This phone looks like one of those Braun Shavers lols. I do however admire its simplicity.