Prestigio MultiPhone 4040 Duo - user opinions and reviews

Prestigio

7.1
7.1
7.2

> In reply to luxzg @ 2013-10-28 17:14 from p7$v - click to readhow did you root it ??
please replay ......
thanks

• 2014-06-22 16:05
  • 9xEH

how can formating

• 2014-05-14 05:54
  • nC1f
  • F

How to download game from google play to external SD card

• 2014-04-29 14:26
  • s3A6

> In reply to luxzg @ 2013-10-28 17:14 from p7$v - click to readhow did you set external sd card as primary?

can you suggest any useful scripts/apps to make it better after rooting?

• 2014-04-17 10:03
  • xYB}

can you suggest me some useful scripts/apps to modify it after rooting to make it better?

• 2014-04-17 09:59
  • xYB}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-14 18:29 from Mf5c - click to readDown to Firamware

• 2014-01-11 22:30
  • Hxgg

I have a one now the proplems that the sound is low ,It heat when i use 3G and the storage is low i cannot install apps enough and there is no accessories
but it good in evry thing else
in my oppnion the phone is very good and sutible according to its price not as samsung phones

• 2013-11-22 15:32
  • fkQ3

I've had this phone for half a year now. The problems started in the first month of use. First, the earphone jack stopped working. A few months later the speakers didn't want to function properly(sometimes worked, sometimes not). Another thing was the camera, which in night mode always crashed the phone. Also, what was weird, was the storage. It said that there were 2 sd cards in the device(1 was actually in-phone storage). There were good things about it aswell. It has one of the best values for the money. A good 4inch screen, 1ghz processor and android 4.0.4. Right now my device isn't working. When I turn it on, it just vibrates endlessly, nothing else happens. Also workshops don't know how to fix it, because noone has ever heard of the company Prestigio. Could someone perhaps help me?

• 2013-11-14 18:29
  • Mf5c

I've been using this phone for almost a year now. It's a solid device for the price, and I'm quite satisfied with it. I do have a huge complaint regarding storage management. Out of 4GB you actually have 768MB of "internal storage" and 2GB of phone storage which is marked as "SDcard", while my 16GB SDcard was almost useless as it was marked as SDcard2 which most apps and system don't use for anything except if you manually store dana on it.. I had to root & modify my phone so I now have about 2.5GB of "internal storage" and my real SDcard is now marked properly as "primary" SDcard. Like this phone works great. On the other hand a friend of mine did not want to root her phone (due to warranty) and she has a lot of issues with low or no disk space left, even though she actually has less apps/documents than me. It's a huge issue, and while can be easily mitigated by rooting and running few scripts, most users will refuse to do that untill warranty has expired. Only other issue I have is initial GPS seek which was way better even on my very old LG GT540, not only that it sometimes 2-3 minutes (with A-GPS and everything online and turned on!!) for initial GPS fix, but sometimes I have to turn GPS on/off and app also for GPS fix to be made. After that GPS is fine, and even if it loses signal (like in tunnels) it will find location in matter of seconds. But First one is a pain.

Please, note that I've only mentioned things that are bad. Everything else - great! It's not comparable to top of the line high-end phones, but at price/performance scale it beats many other phones, by either exceeding specs for same amount of money, or offering same/similar specs for smaller price. Oh, nad I've used it as dual-SIM from the start, it's a great function, I'll never buy another smartphone unless it's a proper dual-SIM design.

P.S. And kudos to GSMArena for including Prestigio on their website!!

• 2013-10-28 17:14
  • p7$v

I had this phone for a year, and i must say that the experiance was great, but the hardware and software is not where i wanted it to be, so i had to move on, but if the software had better support i would have kept it.

• 2013-10-07 12:01
  • JA%a

This phone also supports Adobe Flash, not only HTML. Only the recent update removed flash from phone, but if u find it, u can install the version 11.1.115.12. Thats the version that was originally on the phone when it first came out, and can still be installed.

• 2013-09-26 10:57
  • 0mUj

Bought one for my mother and it performs very nicely - actually this is very well balanced device and the performance is better than one expects from single core CPU. Battery life is not superb, but is good enough - especially for a non-samsung device ;) Camera, sound, everything is fine or better than expected from such low priced phone. It is 2012 model, not 2013, I personally bought it last year from a regular shop, so please correct that - the 4044/55 from this year (2013) seem to be the new replacements for this model.

• 2013-09-19 12:35
  • n95h

Problem with the charging and heating more, all other sides are very good.

• 2013-09-18 15:37
  • MfxW
Total of 13 user reviews and opinions for Prestigio MultiPhone 4040 Duo.