Qtek 9100 - user opinions and reviews

Qtek

7.2

I am in the USA where would you get updates for this PDA? Where would you send it for SERVICE? Imate has a club for all downloads & a sevice center in the USA. I did a Google search for Qtek & I could not find a Site for it. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2005-09-17 03:26
  • YebH

Well, everything is great except...it is using mini SD instead of SD card...512MB max...

• 2005-09-16 18:27
  • F4pr

for those who doubted the processor, i don't think you should be worry too much, as far as i know, the processor is 'multi core' compare to other pocket pc 'single core'.

There's this video link and the guy 'using' the phone, some application, wifi n stuff, overall i think the wizard perform well. anyway... http://www.beyondthetech.com/d...qtek9100.wmv

• 2005-09-14 14:26
  • PIXA

I want to make bank transaction with this mobile. Can I use bank' s web site' s virtual keyword with java?

• 2005-09-14 11:18
  • MVHC

hello friends.. just in case if there stille are ppl. that are worried about the OMAP 850 proc. here is a little link.. read it and forget all your worries....

this proc. is prette darn great for this device.

• 2005-09-11 14:12
  • Mj2h

does it have hand writing recognition ???????

• 2005-09-10 09:47
  • i29Z

Does this still have hand writing recognition or do you have to use the keyboard?

Sometimes it may be quicker to just quickly scribble the text than open the keyboard.

• 2005-09-09 18:44
  • nwbj

Official specs.

• 2005-09-07 15:47
  • mv5T

wizard: yeah, case branding sucks, especially if it's by microsoft. but if you don't want to look like a fool you can probably erase it with a sugar cube.

• 2005-09-05 17:13
  • ngPG

its cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2005-09-01 14:52
  • n$4a

tif, you can program the keys if you like.

• 2005-08-31 18:36
  • Svr9

I'm allergic to the circled-e on the front button and the 4-square button inside. I'm comparing this to a sidekick2, where there's another row of keys that's going to make a huge difference in the usability of the keyboard for me. Using SSH on the sidekick I have every key on a PC keyboard, including backslash, backquote, single and double-quotes, braces, brackets, pipe, less than, greater than, etc. Well, okay, two exceptions: I have to use Menu-I for TAB and Menu-1 for ESC. I don't think I can live with less.

But other than that, it looks nice. :-)

• 2005-08-30 23:49
  • Q$$P

YES! It can run Skype 1.2 well!! :)

Check this thread at msmobiles.com

• 2005-08-30 19:22
  • Svr9

Hey guys... here is a little video link of a early test of the Qtek 9100. and no worries.. it will run Skype prettry darrn well!! enjoy this little video.. I just GOTTA get me one of these!!

• 2005-08-30 12:59
  • Mj2h

This seems like the ideal replacement for the bulky "blue angel" but Skype compatibility is essential for me, so i would need proof that the seemingly slow processor is man enough to run skype well

• 2005-08-29 22:46
  • mjtJ

Can this processor run Skype decently? If it does then it's the perfect phone for me, but I suspect that Qtek might be under preasure from mobile operators to keep their wi-fi able smartphones from running Voip programs.
I've been using a Qtek S100, and there are only two things that I miss; more RAM and WI-FI.

• 2005-08-29 20:45
  • TqMi

Guys, hold your horses. The fact that it has a 200MHz processor doesn't necessarily mean it will be slower than S100 (which had an XScale) since the OMAP has been found in the past a much more capable processor for the same Megahertz.

This said, don't worry about the 200MHz, it will run Skype well. :)

• 2005-08-28 17:03
  • Svr9

In an early preview it was stated that even with de 300 Mhz proc it still is fast. Mainly because Windows Mobile 5 makes much better use of the resources.

• 2005-08-27 10:37
  • mS4X

WTF! No, it really seems to be a 200mhz processor. I have not noticed this until now. What a disaster. Now I cannot buy this phone...

• 2005-08-27 01:45
  • Tu9d

you have to see what type of processor it is

• 2005-08-26 23:15
  • mTQC
Total of 482 user reviews and opinions for Qtek 9100.