Have I missed anything here,
GSMarena has showered heavy praise onto the Iphone.
Learn to read beyond pg.1.
I am a through bred Android user in full, however there is no denying that apart from build quality, the Iphone 6 has nailed pretty much every thing.
I would have preferred better battery life (around 70 hrs), but 54 is same the S5, so no big deal.
The Iphone 6 proves that apple still has it in them and can completely overshadow anything other companies are building if they try, but they would rather use well optimized, sub par hardware and barely surpass them while enjoying profits.
Jayden555, 27 Sep 2014I do I'm using an iPad and I love the IOS UI. Perhaps APPLE should sell their IOS like ANDROID... morewow...good idea, sell IOS to samsung, sony, LG, htc and motorola then let them make the best smartphone ever, hhahhaaa....
Angry Mobile Nerd, 27 Sep 2014Ok I've never owned an iPhone but I really feel GSMArena was looking for every excuse in the b... more1. In the Gionee s5.5 review's disadvantages GSMArena never suggested a bigger phone would have been better than a thinner phone, despite the s5.5 scoring an even lower battery endurance rating than the IP6. "Because that phone is solely targeted for the world record thinness. A niche product. A technological statement That's why it's acceptable for them and not for iPhone. iPhone is not for setting any world record. It is for the masses. Get it?"
2. Other phones, also like the Gionee s5.5 (again) have a protruding camera lens, but in the s5.5 review (again) they don't list that as a disadvantage. "Because other phones protruding camera is at least symetrical i.e in the center. The iPhone camera is off center and coming from a design oriented iPhone is not acceptable. You wanna group Apple with the chinese phones??"
3. Camera lacks OIS? A Lot of phones do, such as the S5 and Z3 but once again it's not a disadvantage in those reviews. "But those lots of phones are a lot cheaper than iPhone"
4. No Wireless charging? Again, a lot of phones don't have wireless charging yet it's not listed in their review disadvantages list."Same with no.4 you are paying a premium so you should expect premium features."
5. No 32GB version users are forced to upgrade to 64GB? You mean just like the Mi4, right? Ohh look, that's not a disadvantage in the Mi4's review."And the cost of memory upgrade for mi4 is....?? compared to Apple $100 surcharge"
6. Unimpressive screen to body ratio? Sure does, and so do other phones such as the Z3 but this isn't listed as a disadvantage in its review."Z3 has excellent stereo speakers taking up space at the top and bottom. iP6 on the other hand has just the home button and nothing on the top"
7. Offers same pixel density fourth year in a row now? True but this is just GSMArena really digging deep to find disadvantages. Fact is, the screen size and resolution have increased over the last four years."Again, you pay a premium price for a premium device, you would at least expect it to have the latest premium features."
8. Curved corners make it more slippery? Now you're just nit-picking."After the Galaxy Alpha introduce a geniusly designed notch at the corners to avoid fingers slipping, people starts to realise that curved corners are indeed a disadvantage."
jaysonb23, 27 Sep 2014Perhaps you should try using an iPhone first or check out the quality of the applications you ... moreI do I'm using an iPad and I love the IOS UI. Perhaps APPLE should sell their IOS like ANDROID so that other company will make better phones with IOS
SamKent, 27 Sep 2014You keep reading the benchmarks my good man while we enjoy smartphones with good battery life,... moreAnd what phone do you have? Most Android flagships dont have better battery than this except for talk time, which is irrelevant to many users, esp to me. Galaxy S4, S5, Xperia Z, Z1, HTC One, One M8, Moto X, X 2014, all Nexus phones, are some examples of phones with inadequate batteries.
High performance? If you care about performance you would clearly want an iPhone 6? Make up your mind.
jaysonb23, 27 Sep 2014Perhaps you should try using an iPhone first or check out the quality of the applications you ... moreI know apps are smooth and all but wtf is wrong with their battery man? If I'm paying that much bucks for a phone I except a good battery.
jaysonb23, 27 Sep 2014I wish people would read first before they post crappy comments, look at the benchmark test re... moreYou keep reading the benchmarks my good man while we enjoy smartphones with good battery life, high performance and all
Jayden555, 27 Sep 2014Simple....because there are lots of stupid people :)Perhaps you should try using an iPhone first or check out the quality of the applications you can run on iPhone compared to android's play store. I am an android and iOS user, btw.
I wish people would read first before they post crappy comments, look at the benchmark test results for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ compared to major flagship phones. Look at the figures. :D
Angry Mobile Nerd, 27 Sep 2014Ok I've never owned an iPhone but I really feel GSMArena was looking for every excuse in the b... moreYeah i saw that too, some of those cons are way out of line of normal operations for reviews here. 32GB model? That would mean 24 models, 2 sizes, 3 colors, 4 storage options, like 18 isnt already too much?
And i expect every review from now to list protruding camera as a disadvantage on every samsung phone. I hate protruding camera so its good its mentioned but must be the same for all.
And why isnt region lock ever mentioned as con for Samsungs, now thats something worth mentioning but not a word about it, but for iPhone they are listing totally insignificant things?
That said, iPhone 6 is terrible no matter what, i hate it like the plague, but reviews MUST BE FAIR.
Can someone name me one Android phone with:
-multiple size internal storage
-4K video with stereo mic
-NFC, FM, IR
-one hand use
-finger print scanner
Doesn't exist doesn't it? Lot of Android phones have advantage over iPhone in some categories but no single phone, when everything is put together, is better than an iPhone. The sales number reflects this.
Best iPhone 6 review, not like those of "Cult of Mac" and other apple-paid reviewers. I was hoping iPhone 6 would pack a Full HD display. iPhone 6 plus is just too big for me. Its an disappointment. Also I would trade a slimmer phone for a bigger battery any day. Currently on iPhone 5. No more iPhone from now. And iOS 8 is full of bugs. I can't download anything now with any 3rd party downloader app. There is no more 3G on/off switch anymore. There are many app crashes. Siri also crashes. Battery life has decreased. Apple has lost its standard. Its starting to show effect ever since Steve Jobs is no more. Just look at iPhone 6, its back side just looks ugly compared to previous iPhones like 5s and 4s. Looking forward to Xperia Z3 with great battery life and good screen.
Has unimpressive screen to body ratio (the Nexus 5 fits a 5-inch screen in this size of a body)
We would take a bigger battery than a thinner phone any day
No microSD slot
No user-replaceable battery
Curved corners make it more slippery and easier to drop than the iPhone 5S
No 32GB version, users forced to upgrade all the way to 64GB (which is cheaper this year, but a 32GB version should have been even cheaper or even standard)
Protruding camera lens makes the phone wobble if you don't have a case on
Camera is still merely 8MP four years in a row (granted, it's getting better with every new generation)
No 4K video and video sound is still mono
Lacks the optical image stabilization of the iPhone 6 Plus
No enhanced resistance to liquids or dust
Offers the same display pixel density fourth year in a row
NFC functionality limited to Apple Pay only
No FM radio
No Infrared port
No wireless charging
No stereo speakers
No USB Mass Storage mode, iTunes required for file transfers
Rather pricey without carrier subsidies
How come people still buying this sh*t with this never ending disadvantages list......
[deleted post]You don't know why the iPhone gets bashed?
Go back and have a look at the disadvantages manifesto on page 1!
Now that's a lot of main disadvantages..While the bend issues never gets old, personally I don't think the iPhone 6 is a worth upgrade from the 5s.
[deleted post]Before u say, think how that low screen resolution yr best gadget easily out driven. But yet not all test the I bend win. So is best out dated phone of last year.