Ulhaqpak, 17 Nov 2014Anyone using it??? How is the battery life??
Hows its display brightness??? that's something ... moreits good the brightness is good even outdoor for battery life its better than any droid with the same price range
Ulhaqpak, 17 Nov 2014Anyone using it??? How is the battery life?? Hows its display brightness??? that's something ... more1 and a half business day for me. My previous L620 was good only for 3/4 of my day
Anyone using it??? How is the battery life??
Hows its display brightness??? that's something I like about OLED
Anonymous, 17 Nov 2014really surprised by looking at the main diasdvantages section.. only 2...!!!! it would have b... moreI thought the same as you said about the on-screen buttons, before I bought it. But when I started using the 730, it is really nice. I can not whine about it. The on-screen buttons is perfectly located.
Does the lumia 730/735 have wireless display capability? i.e does it support 'project my screen' feature wirelessly?
Mike, 17 Nov 2014As an ex lumia user i will say that i hate the current 2014 windows phone apps many of them ar... moreExactly. Especially Facebook app. Even the Messenger is sub par as compared to the Android/iOS versions. All the animation effects on Windows Phones are time wasting and have no means to reduce the duration or turn them off.
As an ex lumia user i will say that i hate the current 2014 windows phone apps many of them are not polished as ios or android and they just keep in beta like... Forever...
I can't even find good browser in there...
Anonymous, 17 Nov 2014Does it has ambient light sensor for automatic brightnes regulation?Yes it has.
Does it has ambient light sensor for automatic brightnes regulation?
mkevin, 17 Nov 2014The last Nokia phone :'( Buy it, Nokia fansi will
really surprised by looking at the main diasdvantages section.. only 2...!!!!
it would have been perfect with capacitive naviagation buttons and external camera button.. but whatever perfect phone for the price..
Cryio, 16 Nov 2014As always, I have a few gripes with your review of a Windows Phone. Some few errors or omision... moreYes, you can hide the on screen button by swiping up from bottom side of the screen. The option available in Settings > Navigation Bar
Am using this phone and very satisfied. Compared to those in the same price, this excels them beautifully. I especially love tge design very much and the camera result is good, too. Even compared to that of another 8 MP camera. Good job, and farewell, Nokia. The last phones really go with a bang.
I bought this as my secondary phone and because of its size, same as my iPhone 6. It feels the same as the IPhone 6 in handling. I really like this. This is a great phone, and very cheap. My 64Gb IPhone 6 is 5 times the price of this Lumia 730. I am happy that I bought this, this is the last Nokia. It is kinda historical. It is like a tribute. For me, this is the ideal size. Also same size of my aging Galaxy Nexus which I updated to Android L by flashing.
Battery life is good. But I think the standby time is pretty low.
As always, I have a few gripes with your review of a Windows Phone. Some few errors or omisions here and there:
• Key Features: "Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 with latest Denim update". It should be "Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (or GDR1) with latest Denim firmware". WP8.1 GDR1 is for all WP device yet Denim is only for Lumia phones.
• You finally reported correct MP for main camera. Yeei. Also, I think it's worth highlighting that this phone also has F/1.9 lens. Not many phones have this, and not many phones are capable of good low light photography in this price range. You highlighted this in the Lumia 720 review.
• You mention that the Lumia 735 has Glance screen. It does not. At leat not according to official specs on Microsoft’s/Noki’s site. Does it have Glance or not? Because it was said everywhere it does *not*.
• For Action Center’s toggles, another option introduced recently is Battery Saver, available only in 8.1 GDR1.
• About OneDrive storage … „Microsoft gives you 15GB for free plus 3GB for the each device on which you turn on the automatic OneDrive camera upload.” This is incorrent. If you turn on automatic OneDrive upload, you get another 15 GB, not 3. And it’s only for one Microsoft Live account, not for number of devices. At least not on Windows Phone.
• Sharing options for Photos include NFC too, but only if it’s enabled.
Question: Because the display is a perfect 720p and it has onscreen buttons, is there an option to hide the buttons, like there is on the HTC One M8, which also has a perfect 16:9 display and no capacitive buttons ?
Overall, great review though !