Aspros, 27 Mar 201660hours?? OmG FAIL!! They never learn, people loved LG for the G2 small bezels and outstandin... moreAgreex. However is not a stretch to think that there will be improvements in the final release and tests of the final release units
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2016I didn't mix up anything. It's just that you have poor reading comprehension.Again you are doing it. That's cute.
I see a lot of people comparing these phones and deciding that one is significantly better than the other. Not sure how you could think that, the S7 and G5 are pretty much even overall, with the minor differences coming down to personal preference.
The one thing that I don't see much in these comments though is a mention of Samsung's horrible android update history.
60hours?? OmG FAIL!!
They never learn, people loved LG for the G2 small bezels and outstanding battery and now they make them biggerr and biggerr with smaller and smaller batteries, thanks but not thank, if i wanted big bezels and small batteries, i would get an iphone.
LG have lost their way...
I thought phones were supposed to get better with each successive generation? This phone somehow has a worse battery life than the G3. Yeah, this phone has a great processor and 4gb of RAM, but what good is it if I have to plug in my phone half way through the day or carry around an extra battery all the time? Which is what I already have to do with my G3, and it has an endurance rating that is higher than this phone! I keep waiting for LG to make a phone as awesome as the G2 again, but they keep going down the road of trying to be different and unique rather than better.
Anonymous, 27 Mar 2016Who says the S7 is the better choice for most people? You? People on here and other sites? Of ... moreUSB type c is hardly a benefit when nobody uses it. Everyone knows very few people make use of removable battery, after all it was an android staple for several years and most people would never change it out for a fresh one anyway. Many people with ir blaster don't even know that they have it, radio is also another niche feature.
All of those are things that hardly anyone uses, close to being called a gimmick (especially radio), to claim otherwise is laughable. The g5 doesn't have anything that the s7 doesn't that the average person would care about.
Better display, camera, design, and battery life on the other hand are things you can experience all the time and are things the average person cares more about. It even has better ergonomics with a curved back and less bezels, making it feel slimmer and smaller in the hand.
You want a gimmick phone? Get the g5. Otherwise get the s7.
Grey1213, 26 Mar 2016The s7 has micro SD support.
And anyway, the s7 is the better choice for most people. The v... moreWho says the S7 is the better choice for most people? You? People on here and other sites? Of course. Think of the fanbase Samsung has compared to LG. These phones could be reversed and majority would still choose Samsung.
Removable battery, fm radio, IR blaster, USB type-C. Those are things that the G5 has, that the S7 doesn't. It's not like the G5 only has 1 pro over the S7. Obviously I could do the same with the S7 over the G5 too, but i'm just trying to make a point.
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2016Talk about a bunch of losers on here arguing about phones. They're just phones people. You rea... moreThe s7 has micro SD support.
And anyway, the s7 is the better choice for most people. The very few who absolutely depend on the few features the g5 has like removable battery are the only people who should be choosing that phone. However some lg fans act like the g5 is the better phone for the average person and refuse to recognise the g5 is only good for a very small niche in the market.
Tom-Helge, 26 Mar 2016I see a lot of LG fans here that can't seem to realize that the Galaxy S7 / S7 edge simply hav... moreSome people would worry a screen would get burn-in. No matter how excellent a screen is, if it would get burn-in, it is no good for some people. ( not all the people would change phones ever year )
Talk about a bunch of losers on here arguing about phones. They're just phones people. You really couldn't go wrong with either phone (S7 edge / G5). They both have their pros and cons. It's all in what the USER likes. Some are really big into the design of a phone. I'm not since a majority of us slap a case on them anyway.
Some need really good battery life. Some need a removable battery. Some need micro sd support. Some need their phone to be water resistant. The list goes on. Stop trying to convince one phone is better then the other when one has different wants/needs than you do. Especially when the phones are so similar in specs. Good day
I see a lot of LG fans here that can't seem to realize that the Galaxy S7 / S7 edge simply have alot of advantages over the LG G5.
Let me explain.
1. The Quantum IPS LCD display on the LG G5 is good, that's for sure. But claiming that the Quantum IPS LCD screen on the LG G5 is better than the screen on the Galaxy S7 / S7 edge is quite funny when you consider that no IPS LCD screens since the Galaxy Note 4 came out have been even close to be as good as the Super AMOLED screen.
When it comes to color accuracy, brightness and contrast, then it's something that the Super AMOLED screens runs circles around any IPS LCD screen in. Fact.
Just go to DisplayMate's webpage and see for yourself on the tests they have done on the smartphone displays the last 2 years.
And lastly, the argument that Super AMOLED screens have burn-in issues is an overstatement. I have had the Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note (the first one), Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 4 and now the Galaxy S6 edge+. I have never seen any burn-in issues on my phones EVER.
It's a fact that Samsung might have some manufacturing issues with some screens that sadly ends up on some customers phones. But that number is extremely small. So it's not an issue. IPS LCD screens have their own screen issues to, so doesn't matter where you go. You are going to face issues no matter what kind of screens you are choosing if you are encoutering issues.
2. When it's about design, it's quite obvious that the Galaxy S7's design is way better than the LG G5 when even the Apple friendly webpage 'The Verge' agrees to that: http://www.theverge.com/2016/3...esign-leader
Yes, the design on the LG G5 is still good, but not as good as the Galaxy S7 / S7 edge.
3. Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge is both water resistant which makes it a bit more attractive to use outside in a bit more rough weather. Whether you use a smartphone outside in such weathers or not doesn't change the fact that 'water resistant' is a nice bonus to have. It will for sure attract more customers.
4. Now, some of you here are still arguing that TouchWiz is still bad. If you had said that 2-3 years ago, i would agree on that. Today TouchWiz is a totally different UI than it was some years ago. Again, i have had alot of Samsung phones the last years, so i know this is a fact.
TouchWiz today is actually one of the better UI's out there. It's really cleaned up and it's minimalistic. Ofc LG UI have also been improved through the years, but not as good / much as TouchWiz have been the last years.
5. When it comes to the 16:9 vs 4:3 aspect ratio on the cameras. I do agree that the 16:9 is better. But even though alot of us thinks that 16:9 is better doesn't change the fact that a 4:3 camera can still gives us some extremely impressive images from the camera. And the Galaxy S7 / S7 edge is a prime example of that. The camera on the LG G5 is good, but not as good as the camera on the Galaxy S7 / S7 edge.
I'm sure alot of camera comparsions will pop up on the internet soon that will show this.
6. And ofc, the battery on the Galaxy S7 / S7 edge runs circles around the LG G5. Nothing more is needed to be said about that.
7. Lastly. If you guys think that the Snapdragon 820 is any better than the Exynos 8890 CPU just because of the benchmark scores it gets, you are in for a suprise on how bad it's actually is in comparsion to the Exynos 8890 CPU. Have a look at this video to see how big the difference is between the Galaxy S7 with the Exynos CPU to the Snapdragon 820 version of the Galaxy S7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=233f0ewFWGk
Lots of people moaning about a pre - production model. Read the disclaimer.
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2016LG G5 has better display, better design (including battery design, it's removable and expandab... moreTheir phone looks disgusting this year. Sure, if you include the modular part of the design you may have an argument, but its laughable for you to compare the appearance.
But it also has more bezels, and the 5.3" includes the virtual buttons, so unless you're in certain apps, your screen is less than 5.1".
The battery life is also much worse.
The display doesn't match the s7 in terms of accuracy, and more importantly, efficiency. Sure, they may have a better always on, but that's just a gimmick.
The camera isn't as good as the s7 in conditions without a lot of light, and not as good when there is motion, the two areas where smartphone cameras struggle.
don't bother with other phones.
samsung has nailed it early this year.
don't see anyone coming close
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2016You said exactly what was happening but mixed us up. Good try though. I didn't mix up anything. It's just that you have poor reading comprehension.
Grey1213, 26 Mar 2016The s7 also has ip68, better display, better battery life, better camera, the dual window opti... moreLG G5 has better display, better design (including battery design, it's removable and expandable), and more and better features. In term of camera, both are equally good.