I bring Max, while tracking in Nepal. Battery last 3days(video/photo).
Photos look decent, "good Photoman only shoot the best". 13/50Mpixel & storage 64gb help me carry light. Wifi reception good, watching drama, Update budget in "excel" MaxValue for me.
I bought Asus xenophobe max in the month of April, 2016. I have updated the phone.
When I am uploading photos to what's app , the phone hangs for few minutes. Even my friend, had same problem with video gallery. Even, I have updated WhatsApp application.
Please, suggest me solution for this problem.
How is the phone display in direct sunlight and is the ringtone loud enough
Anonymous, 31 May 2016why is everyone complaining about the processor? is there anything that you guys do with your ... moreAhahaha that's funny! Anyway, I am planning to go for this phone.. any encouragement and words of wisdom from those who have tried this phone?
A honest opinion would be very much appreciated..
I like this phone a lot. I'm using it around 6 months and haven't experienced even a slightest problem. I'm not a gamer so this phone gives me everything that I need.
Great display, OK processor for everyday tasks and browsing, great camera, good connectivity and massive on screen times with single charge.
Overall, best value for money!
I bought this smartphone Mei. But uncomfort not quick charging, and the quality of sound 🔊 bad.
Please follow up with further reviews on such popular devices that focuses on Battery Performance:
- Lenovo Vibe P1 / P1 Turbo (same Screen Size but Higher Resolution on 1080p with SD615 + 3GB + 32GB + same Non-Removable 5000 mAh Battery but with Quick Charge 2.0 + physical dedicated Low Battery Switch just like iPhone's dedicated Silent Switch)
- ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser 6.0 ZE600KL / ZE601KL (only difference between these two are one 720p and the latter is 1080p + SD615 + 2GB / 3GB + 16GB / 32GB + Removable 3000 mAh Battery)
as always, variants are region dependent, unfortunately.
gsmarena super fan, 31 May 2016good day to all staff . pls do put the lowest nit brightness of this phone so that those night... moreAha... A fellow nocturnal. *whisper* I'm in for measuring absolute lowest brightnest of every phone reviewed by GSMArena too. *whisper*
setty, 31 May 2016Asus is a BIG HORRIBLE Phone
Bought One Laser Camera one
Out of 2GB RAM just 400 MB RAM avai... moreWe can disable a TON of apps in Jelly Bean and then Kit Kat. On Marshmallow, you can even uninstall bloatwares. Be happy for that.
By the way if GSMArena provided the info you requested (Memory Occupations after Update, means both RAM & INTERNAL Memory), their reviews would become ever more richer. Good Suggestion!! Thank you for bringing it up.
Anonymous, 31 May 201620 hrs browsing.Awesome Now i'm dying Remember how GSMArena calculate their established Battery Endurance Rating. I don't think any phone could go 20 hours of ON time flatout on a single charge. I'm saying this, as a person who hopes exactly what you said is possible, but no.... Not yet. Not with today's publicly available technology.
selfiecchi, 06 Jun 2016at least max has marshmallow and better camera with wider range of manual control. snap410 no ... moreWhy my experience is sooooo different than yours?
1. Snapdragon410 for everyday use is ok, but it will lag when gaming and videos.
2. Battery 4000mah duration is way better than the MTK variants. In fact, it could last me 2 days on moderate usage.
3. No heating problem, and it's proven in so many reviews that this Snapdragon variant is 1 of the best in this price range.
4. Camera 16mp but worse than 8mp lenovo phone? Which phone you are comparing to? Zenfone Max camera also not a stellar.
5. Front camera not even wide-angle for Redmi Note 3, but Zenfone Max doesn't did any better as well.
6. No double-tap-to-wake. you can install apps for this feature. TBH, most of the users don't care about this features. I am telling this based on my experience as a phone seller.
7. If battery and camera are your concerns, why not go for a samsung S7 edge? Cause I bet you couldn't afford it.
With that said, I agreed that the lack of support to upgrade to Marshmallow is a bit let down and the MIUI is shit.
nightyknight, 31 May 2016Compared to Redmi Note 3 and Meizu M3 Note, this is way...... shittier The tradeoff between ... moreat least max has marshmallow and better camera with wider range of manual control. snap410 no problem with everyday use. redmi note 3 is just overrated, it only has good chipset on cheap price but overall it sucks (battery 4000mah but drain fast, heating a lot, camera 16mp but worse than 8mp lenovo phone, front camera not even wide-angle, no double-tap-to-wake). im writing this based on my experience on these phones. sold my redmi note 3 for zen2 laser
setty, 31 May 2016Asus is a BIG HORRIBLE Phone Bought One Laser Camera one Out of 2GB RAM just 400 MB RAM avai... moreupdate your phone and almost all apps in zenfone can be disabled (both lollipop and marshmallow), and you don't even need to root. i have like 1gb free ram for user on my laser 2gb ram. disabling/uninstalling unused apps is way easier than repairing your broken refrigerator.
"Perhaps the non-removable battery complaint is shaky when you simply have so much of it. Well, the plain 1A charger does become an issue then, even more so considering the chipset does support Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 but hey, the phone comes quite reasonably priced and an extra quick charger won't break the bank."
So, if we use the charger for zenfone 2 which support quick charge, will the quick charge work also on zenfone max?
Since I am on whatsapp,facebook,instagram and email most of the time It wonderfully serves my purpose of long endurance. For photos I have my DSLR and guess what with OTG cable I can transfer photos directly onto phone by connecting camera`s usb cable to it. Thus letting me share photos in matter of minutes. Its a phone that shouts Endurance!
Though takes woefully long 5hrs to charge you can put for charging before you sleep and wake up to see it fully charged. I last had moto g2 and it was a pain. This one I plan to keep for a long time, till maybe a 10,000MaH version comes ;)
Go for it! (Spare the camera though, photographer in me was left disappointed)