chester_625, 28 Mar 2017huawei honor 6x is better when it comes with overall functionalities plus better after sales s... moreDid you look at the video how easy the phone bent and the screen scratch ? Skip that 6x
chester_625, 28 Mar 2017huawei honor 6x is better when it comes with overall functionalities plus better after sales s... moreHonor 6x is price little higher which is not competitive.. I would go for the j7 prime than 6x
huawei honor 6x is better when it comes with overall functionalities plus better after sales support.
I was toying with buying the Note 4 SD version because of the longer battery life, but not now that you have said they used the same body as the Note 3. Not keen on the MT version either, will wait to see what the Redmi Pro 2 looks like instead.
I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with the conclusions of the GSM ARENA reviewer.
This GSM ARENA reviewer claims that "it is worthwhile of lose several *hours* of screen-on time, to gain the better performance of the MTK version". If you are not a serious gamer, I can't see how on earth this could be a sound advice. Both MTK and SD versions perform similarly at day-to-day tasks, while the MTK version is extremely inefficient regarding battery life.
Regarding the Note 4 (s625) vs Note 3 (s650): using both devices for the last few days, I can say the following:
- I can't feel any difference in performance between these two.
- Battery in Note 4 (s625) gives me about 9 hours of SOT, while the Note 3 (s650) even when new, game me no more than 7.5 hours SOT under similar conditions.
- Note 4 has the so-much-needed "double tap screen to open" feature, that the Note 3 lack. I would consider upgrading for this feature alone.
- The Note 4 has better camera than Note 3.
- The Note 4 is compatible with polarized sunglasses, when the phone is in Portrait mode, while the Note 3 was compatible with polarized sunglasses when in Landscape mode (which meant I could hardly use it while wearing polarized sunglasses).
- The Note 4 has much louder speaker than Note 3
Overall, the Note 4 (S625) is in my opinion a superior day-to-day device than either the Note 4 (MTK) or Note 3 (s650).
Note4(SD625) has better screen, better camera and long lasting battery with less heating than helio version.
On the other hand X20 version has more premium all round metal body of the same standard as one plus 3 and and better performance both in cpu and gpu departments. Battery life is no match for SD625(14nm) but still impressive as X20 is manufactured using 20nm process.
Choosing the one out of two depends upon individual preference and is not completely in the favor of helio version as it sounds after reading the review.
119 hours! We have another battery champ (& this also shows the how inefficient the Helio X20 was). I would gladly sacrifice the Helio's better performance for the vastly increased battery life from the SnapDragon 625.
But wait, does the last 5% charge (from 95% to 100%) really takes one whole hour?!
nuraH1, 28 Mar 2017After a lot of research I found these are the 10 differences between Redmi Note 4 (MTK) and Re... moreyou're right, except that neither of them supports fast charging (even though S625 does support it)
Let's try to clarify the Note 4/4X situation:
- India gets a Note 4 SD625 variant but the supported bands are useless anywhere else.
- Hong Kong and Taiwan get the Note 4X SD625 variant with the usual chinese bands plus B20
- Malaysia and Singapore get the Note 4 SD625 , lets call it Global/International version, which has the following bands B1, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B20, B38, B40 and is quite useful in Europe.
In conclusion if you want B20 get a Note 4X from HK/Taiwan or a Note 4(SD625) from Singapore/Malaysia.
Impressive battery performance. I've been waiting for GSMA to review the RN4 Snapdragon edition to make up my mind about buying this phone. I got a Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon 650). Like the RN4 design more than RN3 (especially speakers at the bottom) and battery life. Don't think it's worth to upgrade my RN3 to RN4. No major changes. Performance is pretty good but the SD 625 can't beat the SD 650. Overall a nice package. For me, I'll skip it. Waiting for Redmi Note 5 with Snapdragon 660.
parask, 28 Mar 2017i had a question. An option between One Plus 3T and Redmi Note 4. is One Plus 3T preferable wi... moreTotally. I had the same dilemma in January and went for 3T. You will nevwr get wrong with oneplus. Miui is heavy and too animated. Build quality on 3T is world apart and long term software support us welcome too.
i had a question. An option between One Plus 3T and Redmi Note 4. is One Plus 3T preferable with the difference of 16,000. Are those extra features worth it ???? i know all the specs of both the phones. just wanted opinion.
After a lot of research I found these are the 10 differences between Redmi Note 4 (MTK) and Redmi Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X:
1. Note 4 (MediaTek) has MediaTek Helio X20 (MT6797) CPU with Arm Mali-T880 780MHz GPU - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 with Qualcomm Adreno 506 GPU
2. Note 4 offers 4 colors: Gold, Gray, Silver, Black - Note 4X offers 5 colors Black, Gold, Pink, Silver, Turquoise
3. Note 4 has all metal body - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has mix between metal and plastic (plastic are downside where micro USB is and upperside where 3.5mm connector and IR port are; i.e above and bellow antenna lines)
4. Note 4 has dual band Wi-Fi 802.11ac conectivity - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X does NOT have dual band Wi-Fi 802.11ac conectivity
5. Note 4 has weight of 175 g - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has weight 165 g
6. Note 4 has screws on micro usb side and can easily be opened - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has no screws on micro USB side and I didn't find anywhere how to open it.
7. Note 4 has IR port in the middle of upper side - Note 4X has IR port on side of the upper side (this means Note 4 cover will not match with Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X)
8. Note 4 has compass - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has NO compass
9. Note 4 has Samsung S5K3L8 camera sensor - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has Sony IMX258 camera sensor
10. Note 4 does NOT support fast charging - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X does support fast charging
Please correct me if I'm wrong
"MIUI 8.0 is built on Android 6.0 Lollipop and runs fast; theming and options for notification area, app switcher, etc. make it easy to find the look you want." - So, is it on top of Lollipop, or Marshmallow?
Jab, 28 Mar 2017The article should mention, that the snapdragon 625 comes with different LTE bands. Namely B20... moreThere are three different versions of RN4, only one of them support with B20.
RN3 international/special edition (kate) supports more LTE bands than the RN4 international version even if both support B20.
For Australia, New Zeeland, Taiwan, South America and North America RN3 (kate) is the better choice because of B28 and B2 (in addition to B4 supported by both).
zodiacfml, 28 Mar 2017the SoC is fine, probably even better than the X20. It is just that the battery is so large i... moreThe mediatek x20 is a flagship grade processor which I'll choose any day against the midrange SD625.. The battery life isn't all that much considering the x20 has a powerful a72. Stop looking down at mediatek processor.